Re: Comic for December 15th, 2018: Scales of Stone

#16 Post by Panther »

I'd love such a statue for my house :nora:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by aitaituo »

Candycat wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 am A plain door, huh? Maybe that's Rose's room...

Also, didn't that map of the world Tom drew up have an area labeled for lizardfolk? Ack, can't recall. I wonder if Trace is going to be forced to confront his killer streak? Flora isn't anywhere near to help him out if he does get a look into that room.
No, it had Merfolk in the southern ocean, but no lizardfolk.

Esn
New Citizen

#18 Post by Esn »

aitaituo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 pm
Candycat wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 am A plain door, huh? Maybe that's Rose's room...

Also, didn't that map of the world Tom drew up have an area labeled for lizardfolk? Ack, can't recall. I wonder if Trace is going to be forced to confront his killer streak? Flora isn't anywhere near to help him out if he does get a look into that room.
Actually:
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/768/
"I mean, yes, there are supposedly merfolk in the sea and I had heard stories from people about a species of reptiles in the mountains…"
"The other creatures are more primitive than our two species. They’re usually classified as beasts… but then again, so are Keidran sometimes."

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#19 Post by BadFoMo »

So, this statue, is it another part of Lady Nora's security system? I could see it being her own brand of Weeping Angel.

TheMouse wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:44 amWhen even :karen: has a "common sense is tingling" about something, you know it's sketchy.
Truer words may have never been spoken before.
Esn wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:55 am
aitaituo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 pm
Candycat wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 amAlso, didn't that map of the world Tom drew up have an area labeled for lizardfolk? Ack, can't recall.
Actually:

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/768/
"I mean, yes, there are supposedly merfolk in the sea and I had heard stories from people about a species of reptiles in the mountains…"
"The other creatures are more primitive than our two species. They’re usually classified as beasts… but then again, so are Keidran sometimes."
It's probably nothing, but there's also this map. Make of it what you will.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

That is some weird statue.
Leaving aside the implications of Traces having some sort of dragonoid thing in his secret lab. As i already said my piece on that and we will likely be told in a couple weeks, the statue looks weird.
In general Tom style does not use many textures and the Statue has one: an appropriate "stony" look. And boy seems Tom is not bad at drawing textures the statue has a nice amount of detail and is pleasing to eye. Yet it does not mesh well to the rest of the page style, the vibrant comic book plain colors are a stark contrast to the statue much more detailed, textured and dark statue.

Oh regarding the content: True, if it is enough to scare Karen you better turn around and high-taiil it as far away as you can.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#21 Post by Hulk10 »

I sense a great evil in that room.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#22 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 am That is some weird statue.
Leaving aside the implications of Traces having some sort of dragonoid thing in his secret lab. As i already said my piece on that and we will likely be told in a couple weeks, the statue looks weird.
In general Tom style does not use many textures and the Statue has one: an appropriate "stony" look. And boy seems Tom is not bad at drawing textures the statue has a nice amount of detail and is pleasing to eye. Yet it does not mesh well to the rest of the page style, the vibrant comic book plain colors are a stark contrast to the statue much more detailed, textured and dark statue.
That may have been the point. Have something that just doesn't fit in quite right, whether it be due to design, style, appearance, context, whatever, and it can be much more unsettling than just something much more obviously wrong.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#23 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 am That is some weird statue.
That may have been the point. Have something that just doesn't fit in quite right, whether it be due to design, style, appearance, context, whatever, and it can be much more unsettling than just something much more obviously wrong.
Haven't though about that. You do have a very interesting point. If that is the case Kudos to Tom for using design for storytelling.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#24 Post by Hulk10 »

There is something deeply unsettling about that room. :?

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Piece_of_Paper
Citizen

#25 Post by Piece_of_Paper »

Where are the pigeons and doves? :o
Yeah, I know the statue is in doors, but pigeons are tricky, crafty, and/or sneaky. S:P

They may also be magical! :shock:
Can I borrow a piece of paper?
This would drive my professor nuts ..."It's A Sheet Of Paper!"
So I use that screen name else where.

Panther
Merchant

#26 Post by Panther »

The title "Scales of stone" is a blink to "Games of throne" ? :adira:

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by TheMouse »

Panther wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 pm The title "Scales of stone" is a blink to "Games of throne" ? :adira:
Doubtful. That would be "Scale of Stones" and not a real match. I think it's just, you know. It has scales. And is made of (or just covered/trapped in) stone.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

I just had a crazy thought. What if that statue was a lizard man who had been lithified but was still alive, in hibernation?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Warrl »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 am I just had a crazy thought. What if that statue was a lizard man who had been lithified but was still alive, in hibernation?
Are you saying he's stoned?

Panther
Merchant

#30 Post by Panther »

Panther wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 pm The title "Scales of stone" is a blink to "Games of throne" ? :adira:
Or a blink to "Gardens of stone" ?
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 am I just had a crazy thought. What if that statue was a lizard man who had been lithified but was still alive, in hibernation?
Seeing the perfection on the details and the bright eyes , it's very possible