The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

Comic for December 8th, 2018: Seeing Behind the Curtain

#1 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Sketch Link

*POUNCE*

If you've seen some certain haunted house movies in the past, the Red Room is usually BAD. :shock:
Videre videnda.

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for December 8th, 2018: Seeing Behind the Curtain

#2 Post by Hayate »

The head on that statue seems odd... I can't figure it out... It all seems quite ominous and spooky.
I guess this means these two were the ones out of place though, tsk tsk :Maddie: :karen:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Welp, looks like I was right, they just found the third floor. Impending doom in 3, 2, 1.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

I don't know why, but I love the way Karen's eyes are (well, at least the one we can see is) bugged out in fear in the first panel. Maybe it's because I'm mentally deranged.

Anyway, is it just me, or does the hallway look too smooth/simple (if that makes any sense)? I am for some reason reminded of that one bit from one of the episodes of ‘Big O’ where Roger Smith was going down some ladder into the underbelly of the city (I think) but as he goes further down he notices that everything looks cleaner/newer when it should be the opposite.

P.S. You know my usual question; same as last time.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Ohh man, ohhh mannn... *gnarly organ music reaches deafening crescendo*

...but what does it mean!?

Inner machinations of the estate? *pops popcorn*

This has the potential to be amusing... or highly disturbing. Let’s hope Rose can make it to them in time to save Maddie from being sucked into a wall... or their essences harvested, repurposed to keep silent sentry on the estate’s loneliest hallways for eternity... or from becoming gargoyleified like lizard-bro here OR at the very least just before the two young-ins are scarred for life.

Beautiful! Someone prep the straightjackets! Some fun is about to begin.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

SomeBody
Citizen

#6 Post by SomeBody »

Walls are too smooth because they're just a fill, not Tom's usual background work. Wonder if that was an oversight or an intentional effect?

Love the statue. I'd laugh if Trace turned out to be the first member of that dragon cult. This looks much more shrine-like than lab like.

Rafe
Council Member

#7 Post by Rafe »

Something probably significant about that lizard figure, take a look at the glowing orb above its hand, that it is gazing at...

...it's a rose.

steelabjur
Council Member

#8 Post by steelabjur »

I'm guessing that the far door is the one leading to the third floor room Euchre warned Rose to keep Trace away from. I kind of wonder about that statue though, perhaps some type of stone golem set by old!Trace to guard the room? Interesting shape though, sort of makes me think of a Adrakist whose transformation is further along than Saraphina was.
Rafe wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 am Something probably significant about that lizard figure, take a look at the glowing orb above its hand, that it is gazing at...

...it's a rose.
It's also a window in the wall behind the statue.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

A new page, so soon?!
So what is this some early christmas present or something? Because if that is the case i am not complaining.

Anyhow. Back to the comic:
So we now know Maddie was projecting some of her "issues" with her mom. She probably loves her more than anything but for some twisted genetic joke Maddie is tiny whereas her mom is a giant statue of a woman. that was/is probably an issue back home.
Leaving interesting character background aside lets move to the actual scene background:
The statue, I am not sure what i was expecting, perhaps some skinned Keidran rugs, but a humanoid dragon statue was not it. Also lets remember that sometime ago Trace manage to turn into/summon a black dragon fiend-thing. I wonder if that is connected to the draconian motiff of the statue. And just how much of what we now informally call "Trace Necromancy" is repurposed Nora dragon magic. 🤔
Rafe wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 am Something probably significant about that lizard figure, take a look at the glowing orb above its hand, that it is gazing at...

...it's a rose.
More like "holding" it. In any case i can also see a short haired woman with no face and an alien with a cape. Just like those old Rorschach test!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#10 Post by Hulk10 »

Ok something is very, very wrong about that room...….
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Dadrobit »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:33 am
P.S. You know my usual question; same as last time.
Grammar mistake by Maddie in panel 3 leaving out the word "be" creating, "I don't need to huge,". :mrgrin:

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#12 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:31 am Grammar mistake by Maddie in panel 3 leaving out the word "be" creating, "I don't need to huge,". :mrgrin:
That has since been fixed. I noticed it earlier as well. The wording should be correct up above on my initial thread posting.
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Dadrobit »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:46 am
Dadrobit wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:31 am Grammar mistake by Maddie in panel 3 leaving out the word "be" creating, "I don't need to huge,". :mrgrin:
That has since been fixed. I noticed it earlier as well. The wording should be correct up above on my initial thread posting.
Yeah, FoMo was just asking what was on the first edition of the page that got changed.

Xian
Traveler

#14 Post by Xian »

Okay, Maddie... do you realize you have just been playing tag? Because that's what Karen was doing, playing tag... :P

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by SpottedKitty »

Xian wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 am Okay, Maddie... do you realize you have just been playing tag? Because that's what Karen was doing, playing tag... :P
Not only that, they apparently got through the don't-see-me enchantment by not looking where they were going. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery