Comic for December 5th, 2018: Something Out Of Place

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

celtcath74

Re: Comic for December 5th, 2018: Something Out Of Place

#16 Post by celtcath74 »

Is it just me, or does it look like the black magic infection is spreading in the 2nd panel?

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by SpottedKitty »

celtcath74 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm Is it just me, or does it look like the black magic infection is spreading in the 2nd panel?
IIRC it was always reaching a little bit up Trace's wrist.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#18 Post by BadFoMo »

I know it's a little late to be asking this (seeing as how there should be a new page out shortly), but did anyone happen to catch the first version? I'm fairly certain it was edited before I could get a copy.

Also, is it just me or does Roselyn's dialogue in panel one seem a little off. I just feel like there should be something between "You should hold on to this." And "Gate Key.".
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#19 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ok i do not like those eyes. We are back on the "oh you also bound my soul to the state for eternity because you were bored" territory. And honestly that is not the ending i would like for our favorite matron wolf.Hopefully i will be only a simple surveillance spell. And not full on Trace's Necromancy.
Combak wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:09 am You know, I have to wonder how useful a Gate Key really is. I mean, if you want to get yourself home, you have to lose the key, right?
I think Tom realized that he inadvertently made gate keys to OP. You know if you have easy and cheap teleportation you can simply make a gate anywhere and kill 'most' of the conflict he has been trying to build. So he has been trying to 'nerf' it since its introduction. So he made them very costly to make, maintain and its application is limited. might work as scape hatch and to impress your friends but not much more.
SomeBody wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:45 am Makes a good escape plan.

I see Tom is trying to deal with the "why don't they just stay here" issue, but I still don't really buy it. None of those problems go away just because they flee into the woods.
They don't but they are sitting ducks there. Give enough time and any fortification will fall no matter how well defended it is. A determined attacker could go very differnt ways to breach the mansion: from convincing the party to invite the in. Siege the place or plain old starve them out. Not to mention they are right on the border in an active war on a very desirable and defendable position. The more distance they can put between the war and them the better. Yet Trace is still a ticking time bomb but that is another can of worms.
BadFoMo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 pm I know it's a little late to be asking this (seeing as how there should be a new page out shortly), but did anyone happen to catch the first version? I'm fairly certain it was edited before I could get a copy.

Also, is it just me or does Roselyn's dialogue in panel one seem a little off. I just feel like there should be something between "You should hold on to this." And "Gate Key.".
There was anotrher version?
Regarding the dialogue: I think it is just some good old "not enough space for the speech bubbles" causing the phrase to get split in two.

Since this is a bit tangential
Spoiler!
IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 am Having just gotten a Twitter account app-synced to my smartphone, I got the memo almost as soon as this page came out. As a result, I would have been the one to post this, but I didn’t know how to link the image properly.

Either way, I was a bit startled by the news, as I was in the middle of writing a fanfic for another of my interest franchises. But as for my opinion on the page, I’m a mite curious about what’s going on myself. Is someone possibly in a forbidden area? (Raises an eyebrow IRL because none of the available smilies correspond to a simple eyebrow-raising.)
PhpBB is many things, But clear about its sintax it is not one of them. to link and image you only need to use the [ img ] tags. You can use the url tag too if you wish to have a "clickable" link:

Code: Select all

[img]http://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20181205.jpg[/img]
[url=http://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20181205.jpg][img]http://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20181205.jpg[/img][/url]
Back in the dark days of the early 2000's there was no way to use UTF-8 in this types of forums, well back then almost nothing supported UTF-8 however as technology advances so does encodings and compatibility. You can simply copy and paste any smiley you want into the post box and it will be rendered properly:
🤨 🦊 🐺
Do the careful though implementation is platform dependant so results may vary.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Dadrobit »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 pm I know it's a little late to be asking this (seeing as how there should be a new page out shortly), but did anyone happen to catch the first version? I'm fairly certain it was edited before I could get a copy.

The first edition just had a simple grammar mistake. Tom left out the word "will" in the last comment by Rose in panel 5.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#21 Post by BadFoMo »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:12 am
BadFoMo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 pmI know it's a little late to be asking this (seeing as how there should be a new page out shortly), but did anyone happen to catch the first version? I'm fairly certain it was edited before I could get a copy.

The first edition just had a simple grammar mistake. Tom left out the word "will" in the last comment by Rose in panel 5.
A little late, but thanks!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#22 Post by AmigaDragon »

"...Takes a long time to recharge." Is that the gate or the key?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by aitaituo »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:05 pm "...Takes a long time to recharge." Is that the gate or the key?
The gate.