Comic for November 27, 2018: Old Habits

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

Comic for November 27, 2018: Old Habits

#1 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Sketch Link

My, my...lookit all those cobwebs and dust. :shock: And yes, old habits are hard to break.
Videre videnda.

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Comic for November 27, 2018: Old Habits

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

Awkward Rose is just too much for me. I can't take much mor- Blegh. *dead*
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Panther
Merchant

#3 Post by Panther »

Poor Rose ............. Trace , please : kiss her nose and say to her she's still sexy :oops: :heart:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#4 Post by Hulk10 »

I hope old evil Trace doesn't come back.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

I assume bringing up Mary Silverlock is causing some very painful memories to the surface in Rose. It isn't hard to imagine how insecure Rose must have been seeing Trace plotting against the woman who had saved her from dying on the gallows. Being around such powerful magic users and their machinations must have made her feel puny and powerless, and worried that her life could be snuffed out for the slightest of reasons. She obviously can still feel that way.

She had a friend in Saria, which helped, I'm sure. I've also always wondered whether Euchre, possibly at some great cost to himself and unknown to everyone else, found a way of protecting Rose.

AlphonseVaher
Fav. Twokinds Character: Brutus

#6 Post by AlphonseVaher »

Trace you sly dog, You even have sexy old matrons falling for you.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#7 Post by ZeroJinKui »

i love the expressions here... misinterpreting trace's observation as him scolding her and then breaking down into the servant mentality again, only to be snapped out of it and us getting to see that beautiful blushing face and smile. :heart:

also, people telling him to kiss her... you forget he's engaged to his pregnant fiance?

a hug and reassurance would be one thing, but kissing is cheating.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#8 Post by CrRAR »

The plot thickens!

*coughcough* *hack*

*wheeze* Oh wait, that might just be the air in this forsaken space. Trace certainly has some history to mull over. Books? Penned by his own hand perhaps? Hopefully he doesn't wade in too deeply. Knowing his old path may prove beneficial to avoid walking it again, but what if he should find his old ways tempting? He's been tempted before - at the Basitin Tower; to save Laura; when confronted with the volley of fireballs. Luckily Nora's reminders stuck with him so far. But he's already sustained a demon hand... former Trace knew how to avoid such things. I mean he couldn't be all bad then, right!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe just one pleasant stroll down ol' memory lane wouldn't hurt. :twisted:

My hope is that Trace gives the room a cursory looksee only to pity the desperate man he once was, somewhat just *sighhhh*ing his way out of the room realizing there's nothing to be learned there.

A hope though, is a hope, is a hope.

Go toward the light Trace! Darkness is baaad, mmm'kayy?
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by aitaituo »

I get a sense of foreboding from this page.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

Rafe wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm I assume bringing up Mary Silverlock is causing some very painful memories to the surface in Rose. It isn't hard to imagine how insecure Rose must have been seeing Trace plotting against the woman who had saved her from dying on the gallows.
Maybe; I guess it would depend upon if she knew who the person that interrogated and set her free was and/or how they went about said interrogation.

Also, how did the Servant know of these plans? I mean, I know they sometimes eavesdrop, but wouldn’t something like that have been kept Top Secret?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

James Polymer
New Citizen

#11 Post by James Polymer »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:49 am Also, how did the Servant know of these plans? I mean, I know they sometimes eavesdrop, but wouldn’t something like that have been kept Top Secret?
That depends. I recall some pages ago there was a great deal of discussion over whether Rose had been magically bound with the Legacy Estate, given that she seems to always be exactly where she is needed when Trace & Co. are concerned. Perhaps she knows everything that goes on in the house, or can perceive emotions or "vibes" from those inside it. Then again, maybe Evil Trace was the sort who laughed maniacally while verbalizing his plans at the top of his voice. :roll:

Edit: I just had another thought. If Rose is in fact bound to the Estate, he might have taunted her with his plan to overthrow and kill the person who saved her, knowing she could do nothing with the knowledge but suffer in silence. :(
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

First:
That face on the last panel is just adorable. I have no idea how Toms always manages to make the most expressive and nuanced faces, human or otherwise, even if most of his faces are quite simple and somewhat minimalistic.

Anyhow:
Rafe wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm I assume bringing up Mary Silverlock is causing some very painful memories to the surface in Rose. It isn't hard to imagine how insecure Rose must have been seeing Trace plotting against the woman who had saved her from dying on the gallows. Being around such powerful magic users and their machinations must have made her feel puny and powerless, and worried that her life could be snuffed out for the slightest of reasons. She obviously can still feel that way.

She had a friend in Saria, which helped, I'm sure. I've also always wondered whether Euchre, possibly at some great cost to himself and unknown to everyone else, found a way of protecting Rose.
Actually i am quite certain that Old Trace was at least minimally civil with Rose. Not because he had a soft spot for the wolf or anything like that. Quite the contrary I imagined he wanted to skin her and turn her into a carpet or something. Just one little detail. She reminded her of his wife, they were close friend after all. And no matter how much he wanted to put this wolf down, as all other wolfs and Keidran, he could not bring himself to harm one of the few things on thee world that reminded him of his deceased wife, after all Trace was motivated almost entirely out of grief and pain...
I do not think it was all flowers and rainbows, probably he was more than "a llitle rude" to our favorite wolf matron, and enjoyed some good old-fashion psychological violence. And on the other hand Rose was probably afraid of Trace running out of patience and killing her any day or worse. And on top of that she was/is(?) probably a prisoner of the State can't leave or Mr Blue Haired hittler might decide she is no longer worth the pain and turn her into a chicken and eat her or somethign like that.
BadFoMo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:49 am
Rafe wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm I assume bringing up Mary Silverlock is causing some very painful memories to the surface in Rose. It isn't hard to imagine how insecure Rose must have been seeing Trace plotting against the woman who had saved her from dying on the gallows.
Maybe; I guess it would depend upon if she knew who the person that interrogated and set her free was and/or how they went about said interrogation.

Also, how did the Servant know of these plans? I mean, I know they sometimes eavesdrop, but wouldn’t something like that have been kept Top Secret?
If i am not mistaken, on the [url=https://www.patreon.com/posts/roses-rescue-15227270] Rose Rescue[ \url] sketch it was mentioned that after interrogation Rose was meant to rot in a dungeon for the rest of her life. So i am not sure she was particularly fond of Ms Mary. (also the cannonicity of said sketch is still debateable)

Regarding how she knew of Evil Trace Plan: He spent Machiavellianly planning "something" on his tower/study for a few years, then he comes out leaves and the next thing Rose knows is that he staged a coup against Mary and is Grand Templar now. She probably put 2 and 2 together after that.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by BadJoke »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:58 am Actually i am quite certain that Old Trace was at least minimally civil with Rose. Not because he had a soft spot for the wolf or anything like that. Quite the contrary I imagined he wanted to skin her and turn her into a carpet or something. Just one little detail. She reminded her of his wife, they were close friend after all. And no matter how much he wanted to put this wolf down, as all other wolfs and Keidran, he could not bring himself to harm one of the few things on thee world that reminded him of his deceased wife, after all Trace was motivated almost entirely out of grief and pain...
I do not think it was all flowers and rainbows, probably he was more than "a little rude" to our favorite wolf matron, and enjoyed some good old-fashion psychological violence. And on the other hand Rose was probably afraid of Trace running out of patience and killing her any day or worse. And on top of that she was/is(?) probably a prisoner of the State can't leave or Mr Blue Haired Hitler might decide she is no longer worth the pain and turn her into a chicken and eat her or something like that.
It surely did went like that. See such a strong and proud character have way life literally fadesin her eyes when he just mention a problem of dust is really unnerving.
Every day she had to pent in that estate must have been horribly painful and the scars are still visible.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Xian
Traveler

#14 Post by Xian »

Rafe wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm I assume bringing up Mary Silverlock is causing some very painful memories to the surface in Rose. It isn't hard to imagine how insecure Rose must have been seeing Trace plotting against the woman who had saved her from dying on the gallows. Being around such powerful magic users and their machinations must have made her feel puny and powerless, and worried that her life could be snuffed out for the slightest of reasons. She obviously can still feel that way.

Raine's mom saved Rose from the gallows, but she also sent her to root in a dungeon cell, and she would most probably have died there were not for Saria... I don't think Rose cared that much for Mary Silverlock, when compared to her loyalty to Saria...