Comic for November 17, 2018: Pulled in Two Directions

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

Re: Comic for November 17, 2018: Pulled in Two Directions

#16 Post by ZeroJinKui »

well, looks like evals got smacked hard by reality.

honestly, he needed to have his bubble burst, he was deluding himself.

he has to make a choice now... does he stick with the one person he KNOWS is still there for him... or does he turn his back on mike, and gamble everything on going home?

it's very likely he may just end up a slave again, or arrive home to find nothing there for him.

decisions like this test a person, time to see if evals has learned anything.

also, mike is SO cute... i want to hold him! :heart:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

BenedictOwler

#17 Post by BenedictOwler »

First thing first, Floras expression truly gives me a Lackadaisy vibe. (Also I do wonder where that Butterfly is coming from all of the sudden)
Also apparently this is the first time I notice Mikes longer hair, for some reason I thought it was shorter.

That the mirror of fantasy shatters, only leaving the pieces of reality there for Evals truly is saddening, you can see the emotion in his face, it of course is especially hurtful for the dog
since he sees Mike as a dog, as family...
FishWeave wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:41 am This isn't a surprising page, but on the last page I did say that Mike tried to tell him before. He tried to tell Evals and the dog didn't listen. Others acted like it was mikes first try, but it wasn't. The wording in this page even confirms what I said- Evals only listens now because he has to. Mike had been telling him already but Evals wasn't listening. He didn't want to listen. Now he has to and doesn't like it nor does he want to accept it. What I don't know is what Evals will do now that he has had to listen. It feels like hes trying to go back to not listening to mike, but that fox wont just drop the spotlight.
I kind of thought the same, Evals can't escape this now, for "now" everything seems save there is no other event (alas for them) that could delay this topic he and Mike have now to discuss, or to say better, there is no other topic HE, Evals could use to not listen to it.
It makes me wonder now how Evs will now react, heartbroken for sure but how will it continue, him being cold, angry at Mike for loosing his only friend and family in the time as a slave. Reading someones personality is something I was always and Amateur in.

What I wonder now is if Evals truly will come as soon to his goal as he expect since there are still two "events" out there that might soon activate.

First would be finding the secret room but I don't know how much this would involve both Mike and Evals

And second would be then that Brahms tries to get in the Mansion, and we don't know how soon they could succeed with that goal.
If they do whilst Group A and B are still in the Mansion I theorize that both Groups will try to jump ship from the Mansion (perhaps it gets destroyed along the way) since I believe once
the protection wears off it won't be only two Templars that try to get in. In the Confusion and or hurry it could happen that Evals is more or less forced to tag along with the others, but as I said that is solely pure theorizing of my side now.
\\\*/// Blesse be te who found enlightenment, for now they shall never be fooled again by te three idols in grey \\\*///
/|\+++++First Commandment from the Codex of the Enlighteners (512) /|\ +++++

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#18 Post by AmigaDragon »

BenedictOwler wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:09 pmFirst thing first, Floras expression truly gives me a Lackadaisy vibe. (Also I do wonder where that Butterfly is coming from all of the sudden)
I think it's part of the artificial landscape like the sun and waves.
Also apparently this is the first time I notice Mikes longer hair, for some reason I thought it was shorter.
It has always been long (since we met him) but tied in a pony tail.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#19 Post by Shockwave07 »

"Home is where you make it," words said in Joe Dirt by a Cajun guy...

And like Joe Dirt, Evals can't understand that where blood family lives is the only place to make one!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#20 Post by Hulk10 »

Shockwave07 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:43 am "Home is where you make it," words said in Joe Dirt by a Cajun guy...

And like Joe Dirt, Evals can't understand that where blood family lives is the only place to make one!
Don't you mean isn't?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21 Post by Technic[Bot] »

(;_;) Is anyone chopping onions around here ?
Anyhow always loved the character's expressiveness, even if their faces are very simple Tom does get a lot of mileage out of them.
Also is it just me or despite Evals considering Mike family he says he does not consider Evs family himself? If that is the case: Cold! Now i do hope we do not simply cut to Raine or someone else, this is getting interesting!
So dogs hate foxes huh ? Did we ever got a reason or is it just that everyone hates each other in this world? Gee feels like i am reading the news...

BenedictOwler wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:09 pm First would be finding the secret room but I don't know how much this would involve both Mike and Evals

And second would be then that Brahms tries to get in the Mansion, and we don't know how soon they could succeed with that goal.
If they do whilst Group A and B are still in the Mansion I theorize that both Groups will try to jump ship from the Mansion (perhaps it gets destroyed along the way) since I believe once
the protection wears off it won't be only two Templars that try to get in. In the Confusion and or hurry it could happen that Evals is more or less forced to tag along with the others, but as I said that is solely pure theorizing of my side now.
Well Trace is a time bomb: If some very simple requirements are met he goes beserk and kills anyone in a few hundred meters around him. So the moment he finds whatever it is on the third floor and if Flora is not there to calm him. Well the Mansion would no longer be safe and any plans Mike has to smuggle himself back home would be thrown over board.
On the other hand even if the can't get inside the Mansion there is no reason why the Templars could not siege it from the outside. Even some trebuchets would probably inflict some damage to the structure and it is clear they can muster more firepower than that.
So my money is still on Evals being unable to return home due "war" and such but now his relationship with Mike is strained due to this discussion, drama ensured for a few more years.
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 pm
BenedictOwler wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:09 pmFirst thing first, Floras expression truly gives me a Lackadaisy vibe. (Also I do wonder where that Butterfly is coming from all of the sudden)
Well it is a monarch butterfly and din0t our favorite royal dragon was loosely related to monarch butterflies? Yeah i know it is unlikely but found the coincidence amusing!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#22 Post by Shockwave07 »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:40 am
Shockwave07 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:43 am "Home is where you make it," words said in Joe Dirt by a Cajun guy...

Don't you mean isn't?
*Facepalms* Yes.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#23 Post by BadFoMo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:41 am
Well it is a monarch butterfly and din0t (isn't?) our favorite royal dragon was loosely related to monarch butterflies? Yeah i know it is unlikely but found the coincidence amusing!
I am highly suspicious of this butterfly. I mean, I don't think it's part of the room since we didn't see it before hand.

If it's somehow related to Reni, does that mean that she's spying on them?

Another troubling idea would be that it might be spying for Brann's daughter.

Anyway, I know that Evals was planning on being smuggled back returning to his homeland with Mike, but what if instead of that (if he's set on going home) he might be going with Keith, Natani, Lynn and Maddie? If I remember correctly, Keith was to return to Laura's homeland to scatter her ashes. The Foxes aren't too far away from the Dogs, maybe he could tag along with them.

[Troll]Or better yet, what if Eric says that he got the insurance money from his ship exploding (plus the sale of Mike and Evals) and it was enough to buy another ship. Seeing no reason not to go, both groups decide to accompany Keith and company and sail off to the other end of the continent before continuing on their quest.[/Troll]

…And everyone in the fandom simultaneously goes “NOOOoooo!”.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#24 Post by Hulk10 »

Shockwave07 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:40 am

Don't you mean isn't?
*Facepalms* Yes.
Hard to get spelling and grammar right huh? *tail twitches*
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#25 Post by Bojack727 »

My god, this is super tragic, the first time I've felt this way in a long time. Please, Mike and Evels can't be split up, they're a matched pair, they're a duo! It would be so heartbreaking to see them part ways!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#26 Post by CrRAR »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm
Well it is a monarch butterfly and din0t (isn't?) our favorite royal dragon was loosely related to monarch butterflies? Yeah i know it is unlikely but found the coincidence amusing!
I am highly suspicious of this butterfly. I mean, I don't think it's part of the room since we didn't see it before hand.

As am I suspicious. Good possibilities, especially the Reni connection. Perhaps she added some of her own flourishes to the estate magic?

The only other thing I could think is that, should Flora choose to chase it, it might be "programmed" to lead her somewhere? (totally not just into a wall again) Who knows why or to what end... benign or malicious... but very odd to soooo appropriately tease a tiger that would be more than willing to pursue... should it catch her eye.

Despite its graceful nature, it's a bit creepy.

Butterfly!? What secrets do you hold!?
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

BenedictOwler

#27 Post by BenedictOwler »

CrRAR wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:09 am

As am I suspicious. Good possibilities, especially the Reni connection. Perhaps she added some of her own flourishes to the estate magic?

The only other thing I could think is that, should Flora choose to chase it, it might be "programmed" to lead her somewhere? (totally not just into a wall again) Who knows why or to what end... benign or malicious... but very odd to soooo appropriately tease a tiger that would be more than willing to pursue... should it catch her eye.

My apologize for my response only being a one-liner but, I noticed that the Butterfly is also seen on the banner (I think that's what you call it) before Mike and Evals.

I don't think that it's a animal posessed/used for spying by Brahms daughter, as far as I remember, all creatures she possesed for now where well rather monotone when it comes to colour (black/grey) but of course I could be wrong, given that the flower in her hairs seems to be rather...orange.
\\\*/// Blesse be te who found enlightenment, for now they shall never be fooled again by te three idols in grey \\\*///
/|\+++++First Commandment from the Codex of the Enlighteners (512) /|\ +++++

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#28 Post by CrRAR »

BenedictOwler wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:54 pm
CrRAR wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:09 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 pm I think it's part of the artificial landscape like the sun and waves.

My apologize for my response only being a one-liner but, I noticed that the Butterfly is also seen on the banner (I think that's what you call it) before Mike and Evals.

I don't think that it's a animal posessed/used for spying by Brahms daughter, as far as I remember, all creatures she possesed for now where well rather monotone when it comes to colour (black/grey) but of course I could be wrong, given that the flower in her hairs seems to be rather...orange.
I had forgotten that on the page Reni was introduced quite a few monarchs were present... you mentioning the one in the banner reminded me. This does add to the Reni angle. Odd though is that are far as we know Reni is off checking on things... or attending to some dragon business... or something.

Maybe she's returned? I guess we'll find out.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Panther
Merchant

#29 Post by Panther »

Panther wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 am The more this arc runs , the more it's heartbreaking ......... Poor Mike :mike: (;_;) (;_;)
Mike is heart ripped/teared between his friends and his wish to find something he should really call his home ................ (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: