Comic for October 20, 2018: Artificial Paradise

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for October 20, 2018: Artificial Paradise

#31 Post by tony1695 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:13 am
Warrl wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 am I figure she came back with her feet in the water. Only thing is, I think her hands should be wet, considering where she did a butt-plant after hitting the wall.

Yeah, that makes sense. And she could have toweled off a bit. Yeah, that explains it. Sounds good to me.
I think it's more likely that she decided to roll into the water after the run-in with the wall.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

amenon
Grand Templar

#32 Post by amenon »

Mike :heart: I hope he gets a hug out of Evals for his worries :grin: (I guess a supportive hand on the shoulder is slightly more likely, but... hugs!)

I think Evals is assuming that of course Mike will want to go with him, and Mike is assuming that of course Evals will want to go without him. And I think both are equally mistaken.

(I also don't see how it could be practical for Evals to reach the Dog territories anyway, because it would involve traversing a good portion of the Human empire, where canines are very persona non grata. Unless magic, of course, but... I don't think that's the answer. Though... hmm. There is the possibility that Keith will want to go to Fox lands to scatter Laura's ashes, so that could amount to a westward group of enough people that the plot would bend to their ends. But probably I'd guess that Mike and Evals are going to be Lyn'knoll bound, because that makes by the far the most sense for their situation.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Warrl »

Remember, Evals knows someone who is (or at least used to be) a wealthy merchant, owning ships (plural) and a nice house in a big city. One of the ships is gone, as is the house (along with the city). But that could still leave said merchant with a lot. And his reputation among other merchants and ship captains would be pretty much the same as it was before.

So IF the dogs have their own distinct territory (the map doesn't show one), there MAY be a ship going there, and Eric could vouch for Evals being basically peaceful. So he could book passage.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#34 Post by CrRAR »

Another good aspect of these three together at this moment is that Flora has gone through the slave/dreamer to freedom transition. She very well experienced what it's like to be culturally human and being let out into the great wide world alone as a Keidran.

Wasn't too fun a time from what we know. She was first used as a pawn in a pre-arranged marriage to a wolf (bless your heart, Sythe) to bring peace, ran off (became part of the wolfen murder plot), and was cornered by a human bounty-hunter demi-god of sorts when Trace found her. And since found herself in a place beyond her wildest imaginings. She is a most reliable resource on providing realistic expectations... perhaps about taking leaps and the importance of open-minded thinking.

The two may learn a few things yet from this random encounter.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Eclipse
Templar Master

#35 Post by Eclipse »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:57 pm
Tyger42 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Neptune wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 pm Is it just me, or is Evals' body while he hangs over the waterfall really feminine-looking?
Not as feminine as Mike looks all the time.
...I sometimes wonder if Mike might think of being Eval's "girl" to stay around him. Even if just as a joking thought.
I have a feeling he does. As awkward as it was being female, it seemed like he might have been enjoying it towards the end. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to find a way to turn female again so he can be with Evals.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#36 Post by Neptune »

Neptune wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 pm Is it just me, or is Evals' body while he hangs over the waterfall really feminine-looking?
...I sometimes wonder if Mike might think of being Eval's "girl" to stay around him. Even if just as a joking thought.
I asked a question about anatomy and what I get in return is questions about the relationship, thanks guys
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#37 Post by CrRAR »

Neptune wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:38 am
I asked a question about anatomy and what I get in return is questions about the relationship, thanks guys
Art wise, characters' masculine/feminine features have been known to fluctuate on occation. Most appropriately with Natani, situation depending... but Keith is another contender for figure fluidity noticeably wavering between his heroic moments to the more benign and vulnerable times. Basitin/Keidran naturally do tend to be more limber proportionately anyways, but indeed Evals in that panel does seem to be a new victim of accentuation. There may or not be reasoning we have yet to see.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Warrl »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm Ooo, Mike's kinda sympathizing with Evil Trace here.
I'd say he's sympathizing with pre-Evil Trace. After all, one can think another person is justified in being upset about something, but not approve of how that upset is expressed.

Neptune
Master

#39 Post by Neptune »

I remember there being a sketch back then (maybe Keith showering) where his hips looked wider than his shoulders. Same with this other sketch with the bath and Clovis.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#40 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Who would have thought the little slave-born fox would end up being the smart empathic one?
Really liking his character growth.
Also there was really a need to add a heart character to the transcript?
amenon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 pm Mike :heart: I hope he gets a hug out of Evals for his worries :grin: (I guess a supportive hand on the shoulder is slightly more likely, but... hugs!)

I think Evals is assuming that of course Mike will want to go with him, and Mike is assuming that of course Evals will want to go without him. And I think both are equally mistaken.

(I also don't see how it could be practical for Evals to reach the Dog territories anyway, because it would involve traversing a good portion of the Human empire, where canines are very persona non grata. Unless magic, of course, but... I don't think that's the answer. Though... hmm. There is the possibility that Keith will want to go to Fox lands to scatter Laura's ashes, so that could amount to a westward group of enough people that the plot would bend to their ends. But probably I'd guess that Mike and Evals are going to be Lyn'knoll bound, because that makes by the far the most sense for their situation.)
Yeah the poor guy is worried he might be left alone an understandable fear given his situation. Given that Evals is dead set on returning home and everyone else has their own agenda he is picturing the situation were he has no one left. Stranded on a hostile territory until he is captured again or worse. Alas i doubt he will be left alone, as you point out he is best buds with Eval() and it is impractical to try to reach dog lands, probably they will both go with the rest of the group to the valley of i can't remember what when they finally leave the mansion.
Neptune wrote:Is it just me, or is Evals' body while he hangs over the waterfall really feminine-looking?
We are looking through moving water and some sort of glass plus another layer of water, it is probably heavily distorted a this point.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neptune
Master

#41 Post by Neptune »

His body is very minimally distorted-looking, so I wouldn't say so.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#42 Post by Dadrobit »

Funny that y'all are mentioning Eval's feminine qualities here when this happened in the actual stream: :mrgrin:

NuclearBird
Master

#43 Post by NuclearBird »

Anyone placing bets on whether that bit (well, two bits :P) will be kept in the finished page?

My (nonexistent) money is on YES.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#44 Post by MuonNeutrino »

NuclearBird wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am Anyone placing bets on whether that bit (well, two bits :P) will be kept in the finished page?

My (nonexistent) money is on YES.
That's a clip from the stream of Tom drawing the *current* comic - it's the second from last panel, just flipped horizontally as he often does while drawing. So no, it did't survive.

Neptune
Master

#45 Post by Neptune »

;-;