The case against Nora cards

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

random_fan25

The case against Nora cards

#1 Post by random_fan25 »

Over the past months, Tom's patronage has grown significantly, and now has over 1200 people, and >$6,500 a month.
The largest portion of this comes from people at the "sketch suggestion" tier, who get to throw their ideas into a pot for a chance of it being drawn (and potentially colored). This group is, at minimum, $3K of toms monthly patronage. He spends a few hours every Sunday sketching these ideas.
Tom's highest tier, the Nora cards, account for only four people (the max) and only $800 of his patreon. but They take a significant amount of time away from other sketches, and the main comic itself, With pages being noticeably more sparse since the tier's introduction.

Tom spends a significant amount of time on these cards, while they are a relatively small portion of his Income. Both myself and others feel that the Nora cards, while pleasant too see, are a detriment to Twokinds, and its fan-base, as a whole.
I am petitioning for tom to put an end to this tier, and devote more time to the comic itself, which is what drew us together, and is the reason most of us are still here, years later.

If you feel the same way, please sign the petition I made Here.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: The case against Nora cards

#2 Post by aitaituo »

Tom can do as he pleases with sketches and so can the people who pay for Nora cards. Everything he does through Patreon is posted for free, so there is no value to donating if you don't agree with how Tom is using his time. Patreon is very much a vote with your wallet platform for artists like Tom who don't exercise the paywall options. The fact that his income has grown so tremendously demonstrates that people are happy with what Tom is doing. When I started donating around a year ago, I'm pretty sure it was half what it is now.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

#3 Post by Arcus_Deer »

I wholeheartedly agree with aitaituo. Importantly, OP seems to have forgotten that Tom doesn't owe him (or anyone else) anything; Tom can do whatever he likes. It's insulting to make demands of him with regard to his FREE TO READ comic.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#4 Post by Tetrahedron »

Well, even if I don't see it all the way like random_fan25, I have to agree in some way.
The sketches are nice, but I have the feeling, that the frequency of new pages notable dropped, since we get several coloured sketches a month. Since I really like the story, and I am more the story guy, this is not so good in my opinion. Epic art is nice, but I miss progress in the story and the art can not comprehend this.

Off topic bonus: Since I want to improve my English, feel free to pm me and tell me, if I use some wiered grammar, or something else.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Turaiel »

The frequency of pages has been roughly the same as always. In the past couple years it's been much more consistent than it used to be. I don't think that the sketch streams and Nora Cards have negatively affected comic output at all.
Website Administrator

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Dadrobit »

Turaiel wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:43 pm The frequency of pages has been roughly the same as always. In the past couple years it's been much more consistent than it used to be. I don't think that the sketch streams and Nora Cards have negatively affected comic output at all.
Correct. It has had zero effect on the update schedule. In fact, he occasionally falls behind on Nora Cards because he prioritizes the comic over them. Thanks kindly to Technic[Bot] for this which pretty clearly shows that Tom's been fairly consistent in his update schedule range for a long time now. Effectively, we've been getting in and around 50 pages per year for some time.

The only reason that this year has had somewhat less is due solely to Tom attending SDCC that put him out of commission for a month, plus the last few weeks in Korea as well which then itself needed another bit of wind down time.

The OP is either too new and naive to know what they're talking about, or it's just ~another~ alternate account by one of those fools that just don't like that Tom makes more money than they personally approve of.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Turaiel »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm The OP is either too new and naive to know what they're talking about, or it's just ~another~ alternate account by one of those fools that just don't like that Tom makes more money than they personally approve of.
Please don't be too quick to accuse people or make assumptions about them. Keep it civil.
Website Administrator