Comic for October 5th, 2018: Enjoying Freedom

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for October 5th, 2018: Enjoying Freedom

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Uh ohhhh.... looks like Eval's may have stirred up a protective spirit of a certain former robe-owner's... robe! Oh the humanity! D:

Or maybe it's just yur standard G-G-G-G-G-GHOST!

also, lol at Karen being in socks.

EDIT
The glowy thing most likely is just the bottom of a fancy chandelier... still looks creepy tho.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for October 5th, 2018: Enjoying Freedom

#2 Post by Rafe »

Mike's "...Yeah" response and downcast looks make me think he's not exactly sure about " all going our separate ways".
I think he's already a little lost as to what he wants to do with himself.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#3 Post by Elemental Templar »

Maddie Adelaide = Edward Elric

Case and Point
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Qwe304
Citizen

#4 Post by Qwe304 »

What are the odds that mike is wearing Saria's clothes?
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#5 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Heh...KIDS. :P
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Dadrobit »

Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 pm Maddie Adelaide = Edward Elric

Case and Point
Something tells me that Maddie's precise phasing of "pint-sized excuse for a Basitin" was something that she likely heard a lot, (or at least enough) back on the island, and now she's projecting it onto Karen.

James Polymer
New Citizen

#7 Post by James Polymer »

Qwe304 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:18 pm What are the odds that mike is wearing Saria's clothes?
Unless Trace elected to store his dead wife's clothing in the guest bedrooms instead of their master suite, not very likely.

And Mike looks even better in pink than Vegeta. :grin:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#8 Post by Shockwave07 »

One thing to keep in mind, Mike doesn't seem the type to benifit much from his freedom. Small, no education to speak of, and a question of if he has any friends still around before his slavery, if he ever was free.

Evals is definitely his closest friend we know of and I don't think parting sounds good to him.

Shinigami95
Traveler

#9 Post by Shinigami95 »

Aw... I had my hopes up for an interesting reveal. Still though, I feel pretty bad for Mike now. Q_Q
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." -Thomas A. Edison

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#10 Post by ZeroJinKui »

i knew maddie was going to channel edward elric after that remark. :grin:

guess tom likes fullmetal alchemist, huh?

kinda feel bad for mike, though... he clearly doesn't WANT to go separate ways.

...also, did those two sleep together? or is that just wishful thinking on my part? :D~

look, i wanna see evals and mike get together, they'd be adorable as a couple. |D
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

Isn't Mike's whole problem that he was born and raised a slave? That he has next to zero survival skills, unlike Evals who was captured and enslaved? Mike may not enjoy slavery, but if he knows no other life, and knows he won't last long outside it, what can he do? Odds he could get paid work are very small as well, unless it was under a wealthy Keidran like Adira (she owns a tavern, that can't be cheap).
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Shinigami95
Traveler

#12 Post by Shinigami95 »

That's definitely a strong possibility, but it could also just be that he doesn't want to lose his friend. If memory serves (though mine has been known to fail quite frequently), they've been friends for quite some time.
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." -Thomas A. Edison

Qwe304
Citizen

#13 Post by Qwe304 »

James Polymer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:56 am
Qwe304 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:18 pm What are the odds that mike is wearing Saria's clothes?
Unless Trace elected to store his dead wife's clothing in the guest bedrooms instead of their master suite, not very likely.

And Mike looks even better in pink than Vegeta. :grin:
I mean, you wouldn't expect trace to leave his clothes in there either but evals is almost certainly wearing a bathrobe of his.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by ZeroJinKui »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 am
Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 pm Maddie Adelaide = Edward Elric

Case and Point
Something tells me that Maddie's precise phasing of "pint-sized excuse for a Basitin" was something that she likely heard a lot, (or at least enough) back on the island, and now she's projecting it onto Karen.
no, it's very much an edward elric joke from fullmetal alchemist.

besides... maddie is the daughter of the king... and considering those basitin are VERY strict and put a lot into rank and everything... do you REALLY think anyone would have the balls to insult and abuse the highest ranking among them?

if it stems from anything, i'd say it's her feeling inadequate compared to her mother, who is a giant among basitin, and tremendously strong... while maddie is clearly far less so.

but that's if you take it seriously... i think tom just wanted to throw in a fullmetal alchemist joke, but whatever.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Warrl
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Warrl »

Mike observes that he really shouldn't go with Evals back to the dogs' land, because (a) he's never - within his memory at least - lived anywhere but in human lands, and (b) both dogs and wolves are known to enslave foxes, where as a legally freed former slave he has at least a tiny bit of status in human lands.

As he himself said: culturally, he's human.

But he doesn't want to part ways with Evals, who is almost the only person he knows well (the others being Eric and Katherine).

Frankly, imho, his smartest course of action may well be to go to Eric and say "when you get another ship, are you planning on buying slaves to man it? No? Then you need to hire some sailors. I'm not the strongest, but I'm experienced and available."

Evals could do worse than that himself... but he has other plausibly-good options, where Mike doesn't have any that are readily apparent.