Comic for September 11, 2018: Madelyn Complex

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for September 11, 2018: Madelyn Complex

#31 Post by Warrl »

The fact that she can tell there's something off, in a house this laden with powerful magic (the guard spell, the catering tables, whatever's going on with Rose, whatever it is that is setting Maddie off...) may be her Basitin resiliency in action.

Keith's been relatively more busy - and it would be his staff's job, not his, to explore such questions.

chickenhawk66
Citizen

#32 Post by chickenhawk66 »

Difficult to say just what was going on during Keith's trial back in the day. As disrupted as the command structure had gotten, Maddy may have just been seated on the bench to establish a quorum. As it was, her deep personal interest in Keith should have disqualified anyway, unless in the haste to convene the hearing no one took the time to interview her, or she just plain lied.

Maddy does have skills, but her judgement at times does show a degree of immaturity. Of course it doesn't begin to compare to Karen. I'm not even going to try and guess just what Karen sees in Maddie. One wonders if there is more there than just seeking an excuse to rub those ears. I'm not betting either way. :Maddie: :karen:

Shinigami95
Traveler

#33 Post by Shinigami95 »

The only real way to know is to read it and find out. Of course, she really does seem to be hiding something. I almost considered she might be a western spy, but caught myself when I remembered the panel showing the king yelling her name.
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." -Thomas A. Edison

Warrl
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Warrl »

Shinigami95 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 pm The only real way to know is to read it and find out. Of course, she really does seem to be hiding something. I almost considered she might be a western spy, but caught myself when I remembered the panel showing the king yelling her name.
The fact that her name is Madelyn Adelaide, and the king's name is King Adelaide, might be clue on that regard too...

... or the fact that the King Adelaide went into Maddie's room looking for her, referred to her as "Maddie dear", and read a note addressed "To Mommy"...

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=913788

Shinigami95
Traveler

#35 Post by Shinigami95 »

Warrl wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:57 am
Shinigami95 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 pm The only real way to know is to read it and find out. Of course, she really does seem to be hiding something. I almost considered she might be a western spy, but caught myself when I remembered the panel showing the king yelling her name.
The fact that her name is Madelyn Adelaide, and the king's name is King Adelaide, might be clue on that regard too...

... or the fact that the King Adelaide went into Maddie's room looking for her, referred to her as "Maddie dear", and read a note addressed "To Mommy"...

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=913788
That's what I was referring to. Like I said, it took me a minute to remember it. XD

I also find it weird that people suggest she might not be the king's daughter. I thought that scene alone made it quite obvious that she was.
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." -Thomas A. Edison

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#36 Post by Technic[Bot] »

That manor is so heavily automated magically augmented i would not be surprised if Rose can run that place on her own.

Personally i Imagine Madelyn and Karen will go all "Tom and Jerry" on each other and they will "stumble" upon to some of the mansion "deeper mechanism" and either accidentally turn off the magic defenses, which will be reported by our fake duo. Thus we will end in a siege situation. Or they might find Trace necromancy lab eventually triggering old Trace back. In which case the place becomes more dangerous inside than outside and they would all have to flee.
Just my take on the story!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Qwe304
Citizen

#37 Post by Qwe304 »

Hmm, anyone know why the page was taken down?
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#38 Post by Neutral Smith »

Qwe304 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:21 am Hmm, anyone know why the page was taken down?
Tom tried to upload a new page, but something went wrong, and deleted the current.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Qwe304
Citizen

#39 Post by Qwe304 »

Neutral Smith wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 am Tom tried to upload a new page, but something went wrong, and deleted the current.
Thanks for the update
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous