The colored pieces Tom hasn't posted

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

The colored pieces Tom hasn't posted

#1 Post by Arcus_Deer »

There's now ten unreleased pieces, some more complete than others. I asked Tom when they'd be posted, and the most I could get out of him was 'soon'. He's got quite the nest egg now though, perhaps he's planning on taking some time off and slowly releasing them to us?

Anyway if you're like me and impatient, I have some screengrabs of them from the streams for ya

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: The colored pieces Tom hasn't posted

#2 Post by Ddraig »

Only the first of those is comic pages; The rest look like either references or sketches (although the Flora(?) one looks... like a different tiger. I think it's the hair, but I don't know why). The only other possible comic one is Talk Normal
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#3 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Yeah yeah I agree with you, I'm just curious as to when the high quality versions will be released. Hopefully he doesn't just forget about them!

I think it's probably Flora, everything matches but the hair is a bit more flowy than usual.

The Natani one is hilarious, I want it on my wall!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#4 Post by Ddraig »

Arcus_Deer wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:07 pm Yeah yeah I agree with you, I'm just curious as to when the high quality versions will be released. Hopefully he doesn't just forget about them!

I think it's probably Flora, everything matches but the hair is a bit more flowy than usual.

The Natani one is hilarious, I want it on my wall!
I recognize a majority of the sketches as ones he's already posted; the ones I don't are Flora and Nat's kid (which I just noticed it was called that; it was the one I thought was Flora earlier), Mountain hotsprings, and Sword.jpg. Colin Snuggling and Tiger Dragon are maybes (maybe saw the sketch? idk it seems familiar). or maybe I'm just remembering them all from their sketches and my subconscious filled in the colors.

Anyway, I doubt he'll forget about them.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Lightice
Citizen

#5 Post by Lightice »

Apart from the surprise sketches, that seem to be some sort of Patreon comic for the future, all those are Nora Card commissions by the looks of it. Tom has previously used them as backlog buffer, so that if he can't post sketches for a few days, he has something else to post.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#6 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:56 pm I recognize a majority of the sketches as ones he's already posted; the ones I don't are Flora and Nat's kid (which I just noticed it was called that; it was the one I thought was Flora earlier), Mountain hotsprings, and Sword.jpg. Colin Snuggling and Tiger Dragon are maybes (maybe saw the sketch? idk it seems familiar). or maybe I'm just remembering them all from their sketches and my subconscious filled in the colors.
I'm quite sure none of those have been posted; Vicarious Kiss, Colin Snuggling, Dress Shirt, Flora and Natani's Child, Flora, Trust Me, Goth Kat, Justice Card, and Tracs's ref are all sketches that have been posted before, though.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#7 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Lightice wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:08 pm Apart from the surprise sketches, that seem to be some sort of Patreon comic for the future, all those are Nora Card commissions by the looks of it. Tom has previously used them as backlog buffer, so that if he can't post sketches for a few days, he has something else to post.
That's my thinking as well!

Qwe304
Citizen

#8 Post by Qwe304 »

there's more where that came from
here's a few I've collected that I don't think he has ever posted
https://imgur.com/a/YFKEGaS
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Lightice
Citizen

#9 Post by Lightice »

Qwe304 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 am there's more where that came from
I believe that at least some of those were for the artbook.

Qwe304
Citizen

#10 Post by Qwe304 »

Lightice wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:30 am I believe that at least some of those were for the artbook.
well none of them are in the artbook, so they're ok to post afaik.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#11 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Qwe304 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 am there's more where that came from
Awesome collection! He did post the baseball Flora one on reddit though, I believe. If I may, how do you have high quality versions if they've never been posted? Some of them almost look like vectors, even!

Qwe304
Citizen

#12 Post by Qwe304 »

Arcus_Deer wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:55 pm Awesome collection! He did post the baseball Flora one on reddit though, I believe. If I may, how do you have high quality versions if they've never been posted? Some of them almost look like vectors, even!
I grab them straight from the stream, sometimes stitching together multiple screenshots to get the most detail possible, then run it through waifu2x, a deep-learning upscaler. It works wonders with toms art.

you can find it here
https://github.com/lltcggie/waifu2x-caffe/releases
if you have an amd gpu you have to use a different version, or run it off your cpu (slow).

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Qwe304 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm
Arcus_Deer wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:55 pm Awesome collection! He did post the baseball Flora one on reddit though, I believe. If I may, how do you have high quality versions if they've never been posted? Some of them almost look like vectors, even!
I grab them straight from the stream, sometimes stitching together multiple screenshots to get the most detail possible, then run it through waifu2x, a deep-learning upscaler. It works wonders with toms art.

you can find it here
https://github.com/lltcggie/waifu2x-caffe/releases
if you have an amd gpu you have to use a different version, or run it off your cpu (slow).
Ahh the wonders of caffe.
Wish the. GitHub were in English too. Can't make head nor tails of that...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Qwe304
Citizen

#14 Post by Qwe304 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 am Ahh the wonders of caffe.
Wish the. GitHub were in English too. Can't make head nor tails of that...
your browser doesn't have a translator?

Areo-Power
Traveler

#15 Post by Areo-Power »

Qwe304 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am your browser doesn't have a translator?
Neither does mine, I use Silk and Chrome and both don't have one (of functioning translators)
I am a Latex, a living slime creature! I love twokinds and enjoy others company! :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: