Comic for September 1st, 2018: Assassin Siblings, Catching U- Keith!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for September 1st, 2018: Assassin Siblings, Catching U- Keith!

#16 Post by tony1695 »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:01 amAs Youngtani, and folks here, said though too it could be the "I'm the big brother" psychology still in play. Which is in and of itself becoming a selfish and short-sighted disposition.
That might also lead to some jealousy. Zen is just one wolf. Keith now has (theoretical) access to the might of a very heavily militarised nation. Given that Zen has, for most of his life, been protecting Natani, the idea that someone else could take over and prove much more effective will almost certainly rub him the wrong way.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#17 Post by CrRAR »

Deaththekat wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:07 am
CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:01 am
Preventing adult sibling from living life [NOT OK]

======

I find it hard to believe a strapping male wolf like Zen would entertain an expectation of innocence indefinitely for himself, let alone another person. As Youngtani, and folks here, said though too it could be the "I'm the big brother" psychology still in play.

I agree with the second statement. And you have to recall that Zen protected Natani for a very long time. First from the brotherhood, then he saved them from the mind break, then the brotherhood for years more, helping conceal their secret.

Zen is naturally gonna be protective.

And theres the obligatory EW factor of not only knowing of but sharing the memories of your sibilings sex life.
Very good point, it's crossing my mind that Zen is simply, frantically beating around the bush at an OBVIOUS (but weak) reason why Natani wouldn't want to consummate anything with Keith. aka "Oh, hahaha, you WOULDN'T WANT your dear brother privy to THAT now WOULD YOU!?" ಠ_ಠ

The thing though that's important to recognize, is that Natani is extending the courtesy of informing Zen of the developments. Had Natani any less regard... he may of just forgone a heart-to-heart altogether. Letting Zen sort out why his breakfast-in-bed is SUDDENLY so ORGASMIC!!! :9

So their bond, both mentally, and brotherly is being trodden upon as a result of Natani sharing a very personal milestone with only the one other most important person in his life. It's supposed to be a discussion-in-confidence but Zen then got all yell-y. Hopefully Zen will think upon the unfolding events afterward.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

#18 Post by Titanium Dragon »

Zen isn't a bad person, but I'm not surprised he's completely mortified by this possibility. The link goes both ways, after all~

Of course, this also makes me think that Zen himself has been celibate possible for this very reason, so if Natani is more open about this, perhaps he will become so as well.

Keith though... well, now he knows for sure. What will he do with that information?

Well, apart from Natani. :V

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#19 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I think Zen is just shocked.
Like, he has so deeply accepted that Natani is a guy and has no feminine qualities that the thought of Natani being feminine and expressing (heterosexual) feminine sexuality is seriously freaking him out.
Like, I think the excuse Zen is giving is just scratching the surface about what the issue is. Zen usually doesn't talk about "girl-stuff" with Natani, he usually just blocks all that out.
Like, it sounds like Zen is *scared* of Natani's feminine side for some reason. Maybe the thought of any femininity seeping into him through the link just makes him really uncomfortable. I wonder if Zen suppressing/blocking out any femininity actually had an effect on Natani when the link first formed to suppress the femininity in Natani? After all, when the link first formed, Natani's soul was dependent on Zen's, it makes sense that Zen would be the one who "controlled" the link more and influenced the way Natani thought/felt. Maybe Zen projected a lot of his masculinity into Natani's soul/self because he was afraid of getting any femininity from Natani's side?

In any case, for whatever reason, it sounds to me like Zen is just shocked / freaking out. The whole "I don't want to experience your sex life!" thing is a pretty lame excuse, but I think it's a (subconscious) cover up of the deeper *real* issues, the *real* source of Zen's discomfort. For whatever reason, the idea of Natani expressing femininity and feminine sexuality is something that seriously scares Zen and so he tries to laugh it off as a joke ("as if that could ever happen?! :P"), and then when it turns out that Natani might be seriously, he's just making up the first excuse that comes to his mind of why that totally can't happen, because he's clearly not self-aware enough to explore the deeper sources of his discomfort.

I don't think that Zen is a bad person, not at all. He is just doing (and has done) a lot of harm to Natani unknowingly and unintentionally, and he and Natani really need to sit down and talk about the situation. Zen needs to work through and resolve whatever fear or discomfort is happening here, and acknowledge Natani's feelings and experiences, and be supportive and accepting of Natani. I feel like Youngtani has helped Natani reevaluate and reunderstand their life and experiences, and now Natani has to get Zen to go through that same realisation so that he can be a better and more supportive brother.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#20 Post by Tyger42 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 am this just further proves zen is selfish and is abusive toward his sister due to his own insecurities.

people defending zen need to realize how horrible a person he is.

i personally look forward to keith and natani's special moment... and i hope zen FEELS EVERYTHING. :twisted:

also, we ALL know keith heard every word, right?

those huge ears aren't just for decoration. |D
I'll grant that this reaction was selfish, but you're being way over the top in your assessment.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by CrRAR »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:12 pm ...possibility of hybrids...
It occurred to me that though being "allowed" by the masks... the rules for fertility still apply. For that, I defer to Eric. Wolves differ by having only one (or two?) albeit more intense cycles a year. Which is a much less frequent target to hit, unlike Trace/Flora.

Also, as the smooches have proven Natani is one to take charge, combined with the snippets we've seen of Keith\Laura what constitutes an intimate moment may... deviate from traditional concepts.

Titanium Dragon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 am Of course, this also makes me think that Zen himself has been celibate possible for this very reason, so if Natani is more open about this, perhaps he will become so as well.
Yes, quite possible, if so the veiled courtesy Natani knows nothing of is a noble sacrifice. I do wonder now though if Keith was a more agreeable partner and Natani just as enthusiastic would Zen be more accepting?
Fight the power!

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

#22 Post by Arcus_Deer »

I think we all need to remember that this is a knee jerk reaction, not one that’s well thought out. The first thing that Zen thought of is that he didn’t want the memory/feeling of his sibling having sex in his head, which certainly doesn’t make him a bad person in my book. Remember that he’s (assumedly) been celibate as well for all this time, and whether or not it was by choice sex is certainly something he’s not comfortable with at this moment in time.

We’ll just have to see how he takes this as we move forward in the story; if I had to guess I would say he’s going to slowly adjust to the idea.

amenon
Grand Templar

#23 Post by amenon »

That last panel made me grin like an idiot :grin: Beautiful delivery on the joke, and Keith is just... :heart:

Great page overall, writing feels rock solid to me.

Editing note: Three > are missing, panels 2, 3, 3

Deaththekat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:57 pm Them ears aint for nothin keith.

Anyonegot the page where a basitin says basically that?
Here you go.

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:43 am In any case, for whatever reason, it sounds to me like Zen is just shocked / freaking out. The whole "I don't want to experience your sex life!" thing is a pretty lame excuse, but I think it's a (subconscious) cover up of the deeper *real* issues, the *real* source of Zen's discomfort. For whatever reason, the idea of Natani expressing femininity and feminine sexuality is something that seriously scares Zen and so he tries to laugh it off as a joke ("as if that could ever happen?! :P"), and then when it turns out that Natani might be seriously, he's just making up the first excuse that comes to his mind of why that totally can't happen, because he's clearly not self-aware enough to explore the deeper sources of his discomfort.
I had this thought as well, seeing the page. I think it's also reinforced by Natani's "That's your first reaction to this?!". The interaction feels very real.

The most charitable interpretation would be that the underlying motivation is concern for Natani / concern at the change in Natani. But... well. I would probably buy it if it was so presented later, but I'm not going to champion the theory. I don't think Zen has that much credit at the moment. I'll probably peg it as 'fear of things changing', and in a sense becoming less special. His self-worth is probably tied up almost entirely in Natani, and it's currently taking hit after hit.

CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:01 pm It occurred to me that though being "allowed" by the masks... the rules for fertility still apply. For that, I defer to Eric. Wolves differ by having only one (or two?) albeit more intense cycles a year. Which is a much less frequent target to hit, unlike Trace/Flora.
And Natani should now be relatively recently out of that window, since it's probably nearing two weeks since the end of his heat.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

#24 Post by Arcus_Deer »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:01 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:12 pm ...possibility of hybrids...
It occurred to me that though being "allowed" by the masks... the rules for fertility still apply. For that, I defer to Eric. Wolves differ by having only one (or two?) albeit more intense cycles a year. Which is a much less frequent target to hit, unlike Trace/Flora.

Also, as the smooches have proven Natani is one to take charge, combined with the snippets we've seen of Keith\Laura what constitutes an intimate moment may... deviate from traditional concepts.
I was under the assumption that the masks had made an exception for strictly human x keidran hybrids, no? I don’t think there’s any word on keidran x basitin hybrids at all.

At any rate I’d be shocked if it became relevant, having two pregnant main characters at once seems pretty unlikely to me!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 pm The most charitable interpretation would be that the underlying motivation is concern for Natani / concern at the change in Natani. But... well. I would probably buy it if it was so presented later, but I'm not going to champion the theory. I don't think Zen has that much credit at the moment. I'll probably peg it as 'fear of things changing', and in a sense becoming less special. His self-worth is probably tied up almost entirely in Natani, and it's currently taking hit after hit.
I agree it is a most equitable benefit-of-the-doubt approach to an otherwise-deserving Zen.
amenon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 pm
CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:01 pm It occurred to me that though being "allowed" by the masks... the rules for fertility still apply. For that, I defer to Eric. Wolves differ by having only one (or two?) albeit more intense cycles a year. Which is a much less frequent target to hit, unlike Trace/Flora.
And Natani should now be relatively recently out of that window, since it's probably nearing two weeks since the end of his heat.
Indeed. Haha, meanwhile the masks are up there yanking levers and mashing buttons while screaming, "ALL THE BABIES!!!"
Fight the power!

amenon
Grand Templar

#26 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm I agree it is a most equitable benefit-of-the-doubt approach to an otherwise-deserving Zen.
And I agree it would be if he were otherwise-deserving :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by BadJoke »

And so we discover than Keith is actually a very poor liar. And that, as surprising as it may seem, he's becoming lucky (gasp! for sure Tom will find a way to torture him once again, he can let this poor basitin just enjoying life, right?).
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Panther
Merchant

#28 Post by Panther »

You're sure that you've heard nothing , Keith ? .......... You blushing liar :nora:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#29 Post by Schrodinger »

As someone that's had the horrid misfortune of hearing my brother having intercourse with his SO, I can empathize quite well with Zen here. I can't even imagine the possible dread of having to experience the act from the other side. In fact he's actually raising a good point about giving Natani privacy when intimate with Keith, though riffling through his memories like he had been doing undercuts that. The dynamic between the Magi Siblings is changing rapidly and Natani has a lot more autonomy then before. It's only natural for new boundaries to be established.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

steelabjur
Council Member

#30 Post by steelabjur »

Remember what happened when he tried to threaten Keith through Natani? Now imagine that situation with Keith and Natani having a more serious relationship to influence him. Or how "bleed through" of Natani's feelings could mess with his day-to-day life and his own relationship with his brothers SO. I can kind of understand Zen's POV here.