Comic for July 14th, 2018: Assassin Siblings, Catching Up, Pt 1

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for July 14th, 2018: Assassin Siblings, Catching Up, Pt 1

#16 Post by CrRAR »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 pm
SirJahar wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:09 pm Zen, you have no business in her mind any more. Stay the [censored] out, and learn to keep your mouth [censored] shut. You may have kept her from dying, but the YEARS of anguish and self-loathing you left her with may have been worse than death.

Sorry, I just hate Zen for not realizing he was part of the problem that he seems to have been well aware of.
And don't try to defend it as sibling-razzing. Zen had plenty of access to know that what he was saying was hitting far deeper than that and was actually harmful, but kept doing it anyway. That alone makes his new injury karmic justice. Physically beating him wouldn't be uncalled for, either.

Does he need caught up on the situation? Sure. But he's got to get used to being on equal footing, not the "big brother", JUST "the brother".
i fully agree with everything you said.

hopefully this catching up gets that all out in the open and the two of them can work on being independent from each other.

natani needs to put him in his place, honestly.
amenon wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 pm A long awaited scene approaches. Very curious to see what line Natani takes, and how Zen comes out of it. I doubt it's going to be an easy moment for either of them.

It will be beautiful, they both love each other immensely, both have kept each other safe and watched out for their mutual best interests given the lot in life they inherited, the tools at their disposal, and the situations they found themselves. Were some of Zen's decisions misguided? Yes, but never malicious.

Indeed, there will be some major feels. Zen is vulnerable and ruminating deeply on where he's at. He feels guilty, questioning himself and his choices now more than ever. The discussion with Kat demonstrated that. He obviously did not fully understand the magnitude of influence he would have over a damaged Natani and how oppressive protective "big brothering" could be in such a unique circumstance.

I do know their bond as brothers is something that means the world to both of them and neither would sacrifice it over petty detail. It may be a past not without strife and regrettable paths, but it's a past that led them both for better or worse to the present... and with that, a way forward.

:natani: :zen:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:52 pm
AlphonseVaher wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm Is Kats shirt sheer? You can see her spots through it. And if so, Why would they have such a NORMAL looking shirt in so flirty a fabric?
She probably made it herself. Probably easier for her to wear, since it's probably more breathable. Less overheating and sweating under all that fur.
In real life, very few furred animals sweat through their fur. The great apes to varying degrees, some equines... sheep, but not for cooling (they sweat lanolin, which is hard on insects that might be trying to hide in the wool and possibly feed on the sheep).

A larger variety have sweat glands in specific furless or nearly-furless areas. Such as the paw-pads of canids and felids.

Also, only primates have the same sort of sweat glands humans have - producing sweat that is mostly water. Other animals' sweat is much more oily (and doesn't evaporate as readily as human sweat).

Between lots of bare skin and abundant water-based-sweat glands, humans have an exceptionally good cooling system.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#18 Post by Shockwave07 »

That reaction from the mental jab! I can imagine though that Zen wouldn't want to link too much during night time hours.

Zen doesn't want stupid sexy Keith moments!

Side note, the shirt maybe sheer, but it is a barrier between Kat and Zen... Wonder if she'll ever be as open with him as Natani.

Phaing
Master

#19 Post by Phaing »

I sense a major shift in the relationship coming, and since the word is out I was hoping :natani: would stop with the breast-binding, wouldn't that cause some long-term health issues if it is kept up?

Yes, Zen is feeling vulnerable and now would be a good time for a few issues to be resolved... and I don't even like him very much. But, he had his hero moment, that's why he's in hack right now. I kinda hate seeing more stuff getting piled on him just yet.

I'll have better comments next time, I'm 3/4th done with re=reading the whole comic ATM, and there is a whole ton of stuff that I had forgotten about.
Kinda makes you hesitate to shoot your mouth off....
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Warrl
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Warrl »

Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm I sense a major shift in the relationship coming, and since the word is out I was hoping :natani: would stop with the breast-binding, wouldn't that cause some long-term health issues if it is kept up?
In real life... I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But less than absolutely positive.

In Natani's case... definitely not, because he has enchanted wraps. His frontage isn't being squished, it's going into a small pocket universe.

steelabjur
Council Member

#21 Post by steelabjur »

amenon wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 pm A long awaited scene approaches. Very curious to see what line Natani takes, and how Zen comes out of it. I doubt it's going to be an easy moment for either of them.
I wonder if Young!Tani will come say Hi to big bro.

amenon
Grand Templar

#22 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:55 pm I do know their bond as brothers is something that means the world to both of them and neither would sacrifice it over petty detail. It may be a past not without strife and regrettable paths, but it's a past that led them both for better or worse to the present... and with that, a way forward.

:natani: :zen:
While I applaud your general air of optimism, I would have to say that completely failing to know his sister isn't 'petty detail' :P

steelabjur wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 am
I wonder if Young!Tani will come say Hi to big bro.
Seems very likely! And in a very real sense, she's the one who might have the most to say. I doubt Natani really sees her as himself, so the way Zen viewed/views her might not quite feel personal to him. There might be separate air to be cleared between youngTani and Zen, and Natani and Zen.

... this is confusing to even think about :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Phaing
Master

#23 Post by Phaing »

Warrl wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 am...
In Natani's case... definitely not, because he has enchanted wraps. His frontage isn't being squished, it's going into a small pocket universe.
IMHO, its just because the boys love seeing them pop out at odd times..

And wow, these panel-shuffles sure get elaborate at times, don't they? :potatoes:
amenon wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:37 pm....

Seems very likely! And in a very real sense, she's the one who might have the most to say. I doubt Natani really sees her as himself, so the way Zen viewed/views her might not quite feel personal to him. There might be separate air to be cleared between youngTani and Zen, and Natani and Zen.
Nah, I thought that :natani: vs. :natani: was pretty much resolved, its just a half-lifetime of habits standing in her way now. Zen, on the other hand.... this could get ugly.

At least :keith: is .... oh wait!
Natani saved Laura's ashes, and I forgot if there was any recognition of that fact. Makes me doubt there has been any yet, it would have been a pretty serious moment.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by AmigaDragon »

I notice nobody has commented on Natani's new outfit (apparently not wearing the vest this time). Is this another part of what Kat was making that Mike and Evals just happened to save from the burning ship along with the other cargo, or did Nat get this one from the magic table in her and Kieth's rooms?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

imalbert
Master

#25 Post by imalbert »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm P.S. Insert my usual request here.
I can't help you with that. In fact this one has been altered a bit further.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#26 Post by ZeroJinKui »

Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm I sense a major shift in the relationship coming, and since the word is out I was hoping :natani: would stop with the breast-binding, wouldn't that cause some long-term health issues if it is kept up?
i think there was a page/image somewhere that showed natani is actually using magical bindings that hide her breasts in a pocket dimension... she's not actually binding them in a damaging way.

here it is on tom's deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/twokinds/art ... -668240464

i mean... whether it's canon or not, who knows... but it seems like the more likely thing, rather than her somehow managing to crush her breasts into pancakes.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#27 Post by Technic[Bot] »

My two bits on the whole Zen thing:
Yeah sure Zen has not been an ideal brother. But considering his life I really can't blame him. They are basically orphan child soldiers, he had to raise his little sibling into the assassins guild or starve to death. The fact that neither is death or crippled (yet). So yeah he has bot been the best brother, but godammit he has tried and somehow, maybe pure luck, he managed to keep both alive.

Also:
Great comic, One thing though...

Is Kats shirt sheer? You can see her spots through it. And if so, Why would they have such a NORMAL looking shirt in so flirty a fabric?
It is supposed to keep Zen for uhm... Accidentally "bumping" into her uhmmm... cleavage? I doubt that kind of shirt would do any good a leather apron maybe, that no no. Also it is theorized Eric had it in his things you know he needs it for... reasons...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

amenon
Grand Templar

#28 Post by amenon »

Phaing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:37 pm
amenon wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:37 pm....

Nah, I thought that :natani: vs. :natani: was pretty much resolved, its just a half-lifetime of habits standing in her way now. Zen, on the other hand.... this could get ugly.
Resolved in that Natani accepts that youngTani is -- though this is cutting some metaphysical and metaphorical corners -- who he was in the past, yeah. But there's no indication that his memory has been (or ever will be) repaired, for instance. It's basically hearsay to him, much in the same way that Trace's past is hearsay to him. Both Natani and Trace accept that they 'were this person', but that doesn't mean they feel like they were.

Phaing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:37 pm At least :keith: is .... oh wait!
Natani saved Laura's ashes, and I forgot if there was any recognition of that fact. Makes me doubt there has been any yet, it would have been a pretty serious moment.
This has been on my mind as well. The best I can figure is that Nat must've handed them over during the carriage ride, and nothing was just ever made of it. It does feel like a huge thing to leave out, but... I think the time for that scene must've passed.

(Okay, I guess it could've technically been during the 1 day timeskip as well, though that would already be weirdly late.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#29 Post by SirJahar »

Zen had 7 years to realize he was a toxic influence on Nat's mind. He's either an idiot, a bigot, or a coward to have never brought it up.
My money is on 1 and 3, if ONLY because as much as I hate him, I like to think he's somehow salvageable.

The time skips are making for some wonky moments in the story, yeah. Things that should happen get skipped, things that could happen get cut.

NuclearBird
Master

#30 Post by NuclearBird »

SirJahar wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm Zen had 7 years to realize he was a toxic influence on Nat's mind. He's either an idiot, a bigot, or a coward to have never brought it up.
My money is on 1 and 3, if ONLY because as much as I hate him, I like to think he's somehow salvageable.

The time skips are making for some wonky moments in the story, yeah. Things that should happen get skipped, things that could happen get cut.
I'm pretty sure it's just #1, Zen doesn't seem to give off the impression of being a coward. Nor does he act like an idiot. He's exactly as he is presented: A protective older sibling.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.