Comic for Saturday, June 30th: Cracked Facade

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic for Saturday, June 30th: Cracked Facade

#46 Post by Schrodinger »

AmigaDragon wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:43 pm Is Rose's "second Grand Templar in a row" referring to Mary actually marrying Euchre (however secret it was kept) or just being in a relationship with him?
I'm assuming she means a relationship.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

BadFoMo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 amI'm too lazy to look for the page, but wasn't revealed to Trace who the previous Grand Templar was when his late wife's ghost (or whatever that was) tried filling in some of the blanks for him shortly before the fight with Neutral?
"Yes, that's a painting of the old Grand Templar, before her sudden disappearance."

Nothing that clearly says she was his immediate predecessor.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#48 Post by Dadrobit »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:45 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 amI'm too lazy to look for the page, but wasn't revealed to Trace who the previous Grand Templar was when his late wife's ghost (or whatever that was) tried filling in some of the blanks for him shortly before the fight with Neutral?
"Yes, that's a painting of the old Grand Templar, before her sudden disappearance."

Nothing that clearly says she was his immediate predecessor.
Yeah, Trace was the one who ousted her with Euchre and took over.

Here's as it happened, where Mary insists that Trace won't become the Grand Templar, but he rebukes that with "they'll have little choice in the matter."

**EDIT**

I misread that, didn't realize we were talking about Trace's personal knowledge of the succession. However, I'd hedge my bets that he knows about it now considering he found and read his old diary; that would likely connect some dots there.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#49 Post by Warrl »

Dadrobit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pmI misread that, didn't realize we were talking about Trace's personal knowledge of the succession.
Oh yeah, there's plenty of very-solid evidence saying Silverlock was his immediate predecessor. That isn't disputed (at least, not that I've noticed).

There's rather less evidence of just what Trace has learned of his past, and that's why questions like this exist.

James Polymer
New Citizen

#50 Post by James Polymer »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 pm
Dadrobit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pmI misread that, didn't realize we were talking about Trace's personal knowledge of the succession.
Oh yeah, there's plenty of very-solid evidence saying Silverlock was his immediate predecessor. That isn't disputed (at least, not that I've noticed).

There's rather less evidence of just what Trace has learned of his past, and that's why questions like this exist.
Didn't Trace used to have one of his old journals, from his time as a student at the Templar academy? I forget exactly what page(s) it appeared, but he (flashback Trace) was discussing the use of black magic and how he had to "limit" how much he experimented with it. Up until the point where he went crazy, that would probably be the best record of what he did and why.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#51 Post by Dadrobit »

James Polymer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Didn't Trace used to have one of his old journals, from his time as a student at the Templar academy? I forget exactly what page(s) it appeared, but he (flashback Trace) was discussing the use of black magic and how he had to "limit" how much he experimented with it. Up until the point where he went crazy, that would probably be the best record of what he did and why.
The journal depicts things past her death and his insanity. It's how he knew about Edinmire and his estate, which are only relevant well past his ascension to Grand Templar.

James Polymer
New Citizen

#52 Post by James Polymer »

Dadrobit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 pm
James Polymer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm

The journal depicts things past her death and his insanity. It's how he knew about Edinmire and his estate, which are only relevant well past his ascension to Grand Templar.
True, but it's probably best for Trace's mental health that he exercises caution before reading any of those sections. They might mention something about whatever is on the third floor, which would tempt him to see it regardless of Roselyn's warnings, and...

Oh, criminy. :shock:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Warrl
Grand Templar

#53 Post by Warrl »

There's a Twokinds thread in the CrosstimeCafe forum. Swiping something from there...
Carl Foxmarten wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:26 pm I am really certain that she's noticed that Flora's pregnant already, but due to her past experiences with the old Trace I'm sure she hasn't put two and two together yet...
"And what, sir, when your new wife gives birth to what is obviously someone else's child?"

"Oh, Rose, if you think our marriage is going to cause an uproar, just wait until the baby is born!"

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#54 Post by Neptune »

Warrl wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 am There's a Twokinds thread in the CrosstimeCafe forum. Swiping something from there...
Carl [Strike]Marx[/Strike] Foxmarten wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:26 pm I am really certain that she's noticed that Flora's pregnant already, but due to her past experiences with the old Trace I'm sure she hasn't put two and two together yet...
"And what, sir, when your new wife gives birth to what is obviously someone else's child?"

"Oh, Rose, if you think our marriage is going to cause an uproar, just wait until the baby is born!"
Lol, link to the post?
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#55 Post by Hulk10 »

It would be interesting to see her reaction to discovering Flora is having Trace's baby.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

chickenhawk66
Citizen

#56 Post by chickenhawk66 »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 pm
chickenhawk66 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:19 pm The second Grand Templar in a row? Now that is interesting. But did the previous one get their partner pregnant? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:
We already knew this. The previous Grand Templar was Mary Silverlock, Raine's mother, and she fell in love with Euchre not knowing he was a Keidran disguised as a human.
Whoops, my bad. Been following this story for a long time, but that fact slipped my mind.