Comic for Tuesday, June 19th: Indecent Proposal

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

Comic for Tuesday, June 19th: Indecent Proposal

#1 Post by Titanium Dragon »

I wonder if Rose is going to be upset because of Trace getting over his now-dead wife (who he doesn't even really remember).

SomeBody
Citizen

Re: Comic for Tuesday, June 19th: Indecent Proposal

#2 Post by SomeBody »

I'd guess the other way round. She's astounded that he'd move on, because he was insane and obsessed.

Also rather murdery. Let's not forget the murder.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#3 Post by stlsf4003 »

Ya'll best hang on to something, cause things are about to go down!
the lurking furry railroader

Panther
Merchant

#4 Post by Panther »

The idea of proposal seems a big shock for Rose ............. Is it linked to what there is at the third floor ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Deaththekat
Merchant

#5 Post by Deaththekat »

Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am The idea of proposal seems a big shock for Rose ............. Is it linked to what there is at the third floor ?
I remain adamant that it is a sex dungeon.
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Panther
Merchant

#6 Post by Panther »

Deaththekat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am
Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am The idea of proposal seems a big shock for Rose ............. Is it linked to what there is at the third floor ?
You're meaning ........... Trace with Rose , or slaves/caught females keidrans ?

Thallium
Templar

#7 Post by Thallium »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 am I wonder if Rose is going to be upset because of Trace getting over his now-dead wife (who he doesn't even really remember).
My guess is a gale of happy laughter which will bring everyone in the mansion running to investigate, thus forcing Trace's hand and him proposing right there and then. Odds on?
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#8 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

RATS!!!!

I was expecting to see Rose's hair frizz out after she heard the news.

:trace: :flora:
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

James Polymer
New Citizen

#9 Post by James Polymer »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am RATS!!!!

Roselyn is far too refined and genteel for such shenanigans, particularly in the presence of the lord of the house. Kat, Nat, or Keith on the other hand would almost certainly deploy the Poofy and/or Katana Tail upon witnessing this. :shock:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

If she's this shocked about Trace wanting to propose I wonder how she'll react when she finds out Flora's pregnant with his child.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#11 Post by jacobc62 »

Meanwhile, unknowlingly from Trace's perspective, he technically already proposed to Flora all the way back in pages 35 through 37......
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am RATS!!!!

Just wait until she finds out/figures out that Flora is preggers with Trace's child S:P
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Panther
Merchant

#12 Post by Panther »

Or else : maybe something Trace had promised to Saria before she dies , or to Rose after Saria death ?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by BadJoke »

So there is actually things capable of shocking her... Well, at least now she knows FOR SURE he changed. And a lot.

Also, past the thing about her master moving on, it may change drastically her situation: if she was a slave, or forced to stay by any other mean, this may be ended now! All she had to do is ask nicely to new!Trace.

Through I don't know if it's gonna help with the "forbidden room". If she's happy with the change, she may fear he'd turn back to his old ways if he ever got in contact with something linking him strongly to his past...

Titanium Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 am I wonder if Rose is going to be upset because of Trace getting over his now-dead wife (who he doesn't even really remember).
SomeBody wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 am I'd guess the other way round. She's astounded that he'd move on, because he was insane and obsessed.
It may be one or the other. Or even conflictive feelings due to a mix of the two. Or even the realization that all the suffering, conflict... that originated from that tragedy are now put aside like nothing big with something as random as "Well, I met someone else, so I'm done with all that stuff. No hard feelings?". Having that thrown at your face on total casual mode after you clearly had to cope for years with the repercussions of that whole madness... even if it's deep down a good thing and you know it, it must surely be a bitter pill to swallow.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

themunck
Traveler

#14 Post by themunck »

Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am
Deaththekat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am
You're meaning ........... Trace with Rose , or slaves/caught females keidrans ?
:trace: and :nora: , of course.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#15 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Poor Rose, heh. She might have had her suspicions, but it doesn't look like it'd really sunk in just how *much* Trace's attitudes could have changed. Not that I can really blame her for that - whatever Trace might have been like when she first met him years ago, it'd definitely be hard to get past the past few years of literally-hitler-omnicidal-maniac. It's easy to forget that, however prematurely hardened and cynical he'd become due to his experiences, he's still a quite young man. She'll have to completely scrub her mental image of him and think back to the awkward young 'templar boy' she knew when he was trying to court Saria, way back when, and the sheer magnitude of the difference isn't going to make that easy.

On a somewhat related note, embarrassed/shocked Rose is totally adorable. (I mean, she's adorable pretty much no matter what, but still.) She just can't restrain her curiosity, yet even with Trace's obvious current complete disregard for formality the habit of being all prim and proper is so ingrained that she can barely get the question out. It's so improper, so forward and familiar, a thing for a servant to ask a master. Let alone this specific question to this *particular* human master, coming from a keidran! (That wouldn't have been a... safe thing for her to say to evil!Trace.) It's *so* cute. :heart:

It's only my own personal impression, of course, but to me Rose's current detached, controlled, over-formal persona somewhat feels like a defense mechanism, a reaction to the hardships and tense situations of her life in evil!Trace's world - a defensive shell around the warm, lively personality we'd met before. This stammering, blushing, embarrassed question feels to me like a glimpse of Rose the *person*, peeking out from behind the mask of Rose the seneschal, scarcely daring to wonder if the world might really have changed after so long. It makes me want to reach right into the screen, pull her out, and give her a hug.

(On a more mundane note, the glasses are a nice touch. Of course a pair of spectacles made for a keidran wouldn't have bent ends - they can't hook over her ears like they would for a human, so instead they just rest on the sides of her head, held in place by her cheek-floof, as we can see now that she's knocked them off her face in her surprise. :grin:)