Comic for Tuesday, June 19th: Indecent Proposal

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Panther
Merchant

Re: Comic for Tuesday, June 19th: Indecent Proposal

#16 Post by Panther »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:05 pm Poor Rose, heh. She might have had her suspicions, but it doesn't look like it'd really sunk in just how *much* Trace's attitudes could have changed. Not that I can really blame her for that - whatever Trace might have been like when she first met him years ago, it'd definitely be hard to get past the past few years of literally-hitler-omnicidal-maniac. It's easy to forget that, however prematurely hardened and cynical he'd become due to his experiences, he's still a quite young man. She'll have to completely scrub her mental image of him and think back to the awkward young 'templar boy' she knew when he was trying to court Saria, way back when, and the sheer magnitude of the difference isn't going to make that easy.

On a somewhat related note, embarrassed/shocked Rose is totally adorable. (I mean, she's adorable pretty much no matter what, but still.) She just can't restrain her curiosity, yet even with Trace's obvious current complete disregard for formality the habit of being all prim and proper is so ingrained that she can barely get the question out. It's so improper, so forward and familiar, a thing for a servant to ask a master. Let alone this specific question to this *particular* human master, coming from a keidran! (That wouldn't have been a... safe thing for her to say to evil!Trace.) It's *so* cute. :heart:

It's only my own personal impression, of course, but to me Rose's current detached, controlled, over-formal persona somewhat feels like a defense mechanism, a reaction to the hardships and tense situations of her life in evil!Trace's world - a defensive shell around the warm, lively personality we'd met before. This stammering, blushing, embarrassed question feels to me like a glimpse of Rose the *person*, peeking out from behind the mask of Rose the seneschal, scarcely daring to wonder if the world might really have changed after so long. It makes me want to reach right into the screen, pull her out, and give her a hug.

(On a more mundane note, the glasses are a nice touch. Of course a pair of spectacles made for a keidran wouldn't have bent ends - they can't hook over her ears like they would for a human, so instead they just rest on the sides of her head, held in place by her cheek-floof, as we can see now that she's knocked them off her face in her surprise. :grin:)
Rose wouldn't react differently of it if Trace had asked to her : "- Can i brush your tail ?"
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

FullMoonFever

#17 Post by FullMoonFever »

LTL-FTP here.

What if Trace had told Rose that he planned to marry her when he returned from his journey?

Aurora
Citizen

#18 Post by Aurora »

LOL!!! Wait till Rose finds out that Flora is actually expecting with Trace's child. XD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#19 Post by Hulk10 »

I do hope he proposes and Flora accepts.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#20 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:43 pmRose wouldn't react differently of it if Trace had asked to her : "- Can i brush your tail ?"
Hahahah, well *there's* a strange mental image for ya. Unlikely as it may be, not gonna be able to get that one out of my head for a while. Though if Trace doesn't want the job, I'm sure we can find someone else for her. :wink:
James Polymer wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am RATS!!!!

I was expecting to see Rose's hair frizz out after she heard the news.

:trace: :flora:
Roselyn is far too refined and genteel for such shenanigans, particularly in the presence of the lord of the house. Kat, Nat, or Keith on the other hand would almost certainly deploy the Poofy and/or Katana Tail upon witnessing this. :shock:
She could still have the Poofy Tail, we can't see her tail in the last couple of panels after all. Wouldn't be surprised if she did, actually - refined she may be, but that only adds to her shock in this case. :grin:

Deaththekat
Merchant

#21 Post by Deaththekat »

Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am
Deaththekat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am
Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am The idea of proposal seems a big shock for Rose ............. Is it linked to what there is at the third floor ?
I remain adamant that it is a sex dungeon.
You're meaning ........... Trace with Rose , or slaves/caught females keidrans ?
See you took something lightbearted and humorous and soiled it.

Go sit in the corner of shame
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Eclipse
Templar Master

#22 Post by Eclipse »

Deaththekat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am
Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am
Deaththekat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am
Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am The idea of proposal seems a big shock for Rose ............. Is it linked to what there is at the third floor ?
I remain adamant that it is a sex dungeon.
You're meaning ........... Trace with Rose , or slaves/caught females keidrans ?

That's... not exactly lighthearted. And depending on the context, not really humorous either. You're the one that needs to go sit in the corner.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#23 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

jacobc62 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm Meanwhile, unknowlingly from Trace's perspective, he technically already proposed to Flora all the way back in pages 35 through 37......
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am RATS!!!!

I was expecting to see Rose's hair frizz out after she heard the news.

:trace: :flora:
Just wait until she finds out/figures out that Flora is preggers with Trace's child S:P
Yeah, I foresee Rose going into a dead faint from severe shock once she hears that.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#24 Post by ZeroJinKui »

hopefully that is a good surprise and rose isn't gonna try talking him out of it... i really hope we get a proposal soon. :heart:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm hopefully that is a good surprise and rose isn't gonna try talking him out of it... i really hope we get a proposal soon. :heart:
Me too.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by aitaituo »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm hopefully that is a good surprise and rose isn't gonna try talking him out of it... i really hope we get a proposal soon. :heart:
I have been wondering what Rose's stance on old Trace was. It's easy to assume she hates him as the architect of her species' genocide, but it's difficult to live with a person for years and despise them, especially given the apparent autonomy and freedom Rose enjoys on the estate. She doesn't appear to have a collar. It's possible now that she's learned old Trace is gone that she will want him back for her own reasons.

Deaththekat
Merchant

#27 Post by Deaththekat »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am
Deaththekat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am
Panther wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am You're meaning ........... Trace with Rose , or slaves/caught females keidrans ?

That's... not exactly lighthearted. And depending on the context, not really humorous either. You're the one that needs to go sit in the corner.
I took something that is most likely a important facet of the series, and made a lewd joke about it. Cause for all we know Saria was kinky.

I did not imply non-consensual usage of the sex dungeon
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Boren

#28 Post by Boren »

Your program "wolf.exe" has encountered and error and will be shut down...

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#29 Post by whiskeyfur »

Boren wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 pm Your program "wolf.exe" has encountered and error and will be shut down...
With just a few words he completely destroyed Rose's expectations of him...

I expect she's going to be completely speechless as wolf.exe reboots... with 90% of the files marked as needing updates.

Phaing
Master

#30 Post by Phaing »

whiskeyfur wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:51 pm With just a few words he completely destroyed Rose's expectations of him...
And maybe made an enemy of her, but meanwhile it sure is great to see lil' Miss Know-it-all discombobulated.

Will she faint when she find out that Trace is the one that knocker Flora up... or start working on her Letter of Reference?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw