Comic for May 22, 2018: Aural Explanation

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

James Polymer
New Citizen

Re: Comic for May 22, 2018: Aural Explanation

#61 Post by James Polymer »

Hulk10 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 am Karen doesn't seem to be able to resist the urge to touch Maddie's ears. Guess she loves furry ears.
At least she hasn't tried going for Keith's or Madelyn's tails yet. :shock:
On that note, I wonder if it would be possible to weaponize the Tail Katana? Seeing as most Basitin seem stunned motionless in the presence of anything racy, it could turn a major weakness into a strength.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#62 Post by Hulk10 »

James Polymer wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:33 am
Hulk10 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 am Karen doesn't seem to be able to resist the urge to touch Maddie's ears. Guess she loves furry ears.
At least she hasn't tried going for Keith's or Madelyn's tails yet. :shock:
On that note, I wonder if it would be possible to weaponize the Tail Katana? Seeing as most Basitin seem stunned motionless in the presence of anything racy, it could turn a major weakness into a strength.
Hmm interesting and its kinda like the Saiyan tails.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

zy-fi
Citizen

#63 Post by zy-fi »

Fun fact. In medieval times use of forks was very uncommon. Nobility were the only ones who used them for the most part. Then we learned about germ theory.
Every day I'm shoopin'

NuclearBird
Master

#64 Post by NuclearBird »

zy-fi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:46 pm Fun fact. In medieval times use of forks was very uncommon. Nobility were the only ones who used them for the most part. Then we learned about germ theory.
Germ theory came in the mid to late 19th century. Until the likes of Pasteur and Semmelweis published their findings, most physicians believed in nonsense like miasma theory or the four humours.

Modern medical practice is more recent than you think.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

zy-fi
Citizen

#65 Post by zy-fi »

NuclearBird wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 pm
zy-fi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:46 pm Fun fact. In medieval times use of forks was very uncommon. Nobility were the only ones who used them for the most part. Then we learned about germ theory.
Germ theory came in the mid to late 19th century. Until the likes of Pasteur and Semmelweis published their findings, most physicians believed in nonsense like miasma theory or the four humours.

I know, thanks. The part about germs was the punchline. I just wanted everyone to know about the significance of Maddie using a fork. Unless it's a spoon.
Every day I'm shoopin'

NuclearBird
Master

#66 Post by NuclearBird »

zy-fi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm
NuclearBird wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 pm

I know, thanks. The part about germs was the punchline. I just wanted everyone to know about the significance of Maddie using a fork. Unless it's a spoon.
It could be chalked up to a fantasy world developing different cultural norms than reality, especially a nonhuman culture. Fiction or real, Occam's Razor still applies.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Lightice
Citizen

#67 Post by Lightice »

This comic has never tried to portray its setting as actually Medieval. It just picks what it likes from the aesthetics of Medieval European fantasy genre, but does its own thing. They didn't have pizza in the Medieval times, either.

Incidentally, forks were originally considered bizarre and scandalous even among the nobility in Europe; a Spanish princess once caused massive outrage by using one in a diplomatic trip some time in the 16th century, if my memory serves. It was considered a vulgar and vaguely sacrilegious way to eat.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#68 Post by Hulk10 »

Keith definitely wanted to get out of there in a hurry.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#69 Post by SpottedKitty »

zy-fi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm I just wanted everyone to know about the significance of Maddie using a fork. Unless it's a spoon.
It was a spoon until Karen dropped her little verbal bomb just as Maddie had it in her mouth. One quick <chomp> of surprise later, and it's a fork. Or maybe a spork. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#70 Post by Neptune »

Chopsticks or naan, then?
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Tyger42
Apprentice

#71 Post by Tyger42 »

Fun fact: The comic isn't set in the real Medieval era....

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#72 Post by Neptune »

Tyger42 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 am Fun fact: The comic isn't set in the real Medieval era....
Thanks for reminding us, Sherlock
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Tyger42
Apprentice

#73 Post by Tyger42 »

Neptune wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:16 am
Tyger42 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 am Fun fact: The comic isn't set in the real Medieval era....
Thanks for reminding us, Sherlock
Please tell me I don't seriously need to explain the relevance...