Comic for Saturday, May 12, 2018: Mischief Makers Meet

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: Comic for Saturday, May 12, 2018: Mischief Makers Meet

#16 Post by Ddraig »

Wait? How long has Karen had that cat-like split upper lip? (Panel 2) I don't recall her having that before, though I might've just not noticed it.
Or did Tom just get used to drawing all the other mouths on the page that way and woopsie'd?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by aitaituo »

Ddraig wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:36 pm Wait? How long has Karen had that cat-like split upper lip? (Panel 2) I don't recall her having that before, though I might've just not noticed it.
Or did Tom just get used to drawing all the other mouths on the page that way and woopsie'd?
I think it's just for effect. Her eyes are also unusually catlike in that panel.

Lightice
Citizen

#18 Post by Lightice »

Ddraig wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:36 pm Wait? How long has Karen had that cat-like split upper lip? (Panel 2) I don't recall her having that before, though I might've just not noticed it.
It's just a cartoonish effect. It's hardly uncommon, especially in anime-sque style like Twokinds, to exaggerate characters' features for the sake of comedy.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#19 Post by ZeroJinKui »

karen is absolutely adorable. :3

maddie looks cute when she is angry and blushing. :P

i also forgot that touching a basitin's ears is basically equivalent to [boop!]ing your [woo!] in their [waahaa!]

maddie doesn't like it from behind, clearly. X3
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Wolffan
Traveler

#20 Post by Wolffan »

Errr... relative newbie here. When did Keith have his ears assaulted?
There is only one! :natani:

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#21 Post by Cosmacelf »

Wolffan wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 pm Errr... relative newbie here. When did Keith have his ears assaulted?
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/70/

NuclearBird
Master

#22 Post by NuclearBird »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 pm
Wolffan wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 pm Errr... relative newbie here. When did Keith have his ears assaulted?
Whoo that really is a callback.
Also, I didn't even notice Maddie reading the newspaper upside down until somebody pointed it out. That's what I get for posting in the morning.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Wolffan
Traveler

#23 Post by Wolffan »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 pm
Ah. Thanks. It's been a while, then.
There is only one! :natani:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#24 Post by Hayate »

I love that the newspaper is upside down xD I bet she wasn't even reading it, but rather trying to make it look like she was occupied while she was really just keeping an eye on everything around her. I equate Maddie to a ninja. She is so concerned over the prospect of someone having touched Keith's ears, I wonder if its just because its a taboo Basitin thing, or if there was a tinge of jealousy there...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#25 Post by Cosmacelf »

Hayate wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 am I love that the newspaper is upside down xD I bet she wasn't even reading it, but rather trying to make it look like she was occupied while she was really just keeping an eye on everything around her. I equate Maddie to a ninja. She is so concerned over the prospect of someone having touched Keith's ears, I wonder if its just because its a taboo Basitin thing, or if there was a tinge of jealousy there...
My vote is jealousy!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#26 Post by tony1695 »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 am
Hayate wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 am I love that the newspaper is upside down xD I bet she wasn't even reading it, but rather trying to make it look like she was occupied while she was really just keeping an eye on everything around her. I equate Maddie to a ninja. She is so concerned over the prospect of someone having touched Keith's ears, I wonder if its just because its a taboo Basitin thing, or if there was a tinge of jealousy there...
My vote is jealousy!
Nope. It's an intimate thing.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

steelabjur
Council Member

#27 Post by steelabjur »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:26 am Heh. Now, is Maddie reading the paper upside down because:
  1. she can't read written Human, or
  2. she reads it so well, she's nonchalantly doing it as an exercise, or
  3. 1 or 2 plus "weirding out onlookers, Madness-style".
Expressions in the last two panels; comedy gold. |D
4. She knew she was being snuck up on, so she was pretending to be busy reading to lure them in.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#28 Post by Cosmacelf »

tony1695 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:16 am
My vote is jealousy!
Yes, I know that, but Maddie, at least used to, have a crush on Keith.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Warrl »

tony1695 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:16 am
My vote is jealousy!
One could add protecting Keith's status and dignity as the Ambassador-General, as a possible motive.

My vote is "all of the above".

Tyger42
Apprentice

#30 Post by Tyger42 »

Scary face Maddie. Eep!