The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for Sunday, May 6, 2018: Bedside Discussion

#31 Post by Technic[Bot] »

amenon wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 am
CrRAR wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 pm That just made me think, Kat rendered a favor... Zen is thankful... we're literally ONE panel away from:

Zen: "If you even need anyone dead, kid, I'm your man. First one's on me." :wink:
Kat: Have you ever actually killed anyone?

Zen: Uhhhhhh

Kat: I'm just saying, all the people who have died so far were people you weren't ordered to kill. So maybe you're more like a good luck charm?
Well both Natani and Zen are supposed to be character we care and like. Their profession kinda runs opposite of that. I mean the better they were at their job, let me stress the were, Natani is set for life is she stays with Keith and Zen injury is a bit too severe to simply return to his line of work, they would end up being scary and distant instead of likable.
Not that you can't make a lovable assasin, the AC series proves that with Ezio but on the other side of the spectrum we have Agent 47 and i doubt Tom is trying to go with that with these two.
What i am saying is that the less competent assasins they story can flow better.
Tyger42 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:49 am Holy crap. Zen shows compassion, care for his sibling, and progress on understanding and [censored] gotta [censored] all over him. Good lord, people, who pissed in your cheerios?
It's more that Zen's been pissing in Natani's cheerios (that already came pre-pissed in, courtesy of him), for something like seven years now. Step one would be to just stop being such a gargantuan failure of a brother (but it doesn't look like he's quite there yet), then step two could be something actually worth a bit of cheering.

I do like him here, mostly, but he's got a tough row to hoe. The moment of truth is going to be whenever it finally clicks for him what originally happened with the link, and how he's going to react to that realization. That's when we'll see who he really is.
Being perfectly honest i think you are being too harsh on Zen.
He is not only and orphan, he had to become a mother/father for Natani and raise her himself. On top of that he and his brother had to become basically a child soldiers, out of desperation, to feed themselves. And if that is not enough Natani almost died once when they were on a mission and he had to make a pact with a psycho to keep her from dying as a vegetable which brought all the mind link and all of its glorious problems over all the issues they already had.
Despite this Natani came out quite well being more intelligent, stronger and more mature, although not by much, than his older sibling. In fact i think Natani is larger than Zen.
So yeah he has not been an stellar brother, but under his situations. What could we really expect?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#32 Post by BadFoMo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 am
Tyger42 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:49 amHoly crap. Zen shows compassion, care for his sibling, and progress on understanding and [censored] gotta [censored] all over him. Good lord, people, who pissed in your cheerios?
It's more that Zen's been pissing in Natani's cheerios (that already came pre-pissed in, courtesy of him), for something like seven years now. Step one would be to just stop being such a gargantuan failure of a brother (but it doesn't look like he's quite there yet), then step two could be something actually worth a bit of cheering.

I do like him here, mostly, but he's got a tough row to hoe. The moment of truth is going to be whenever it finally clicks for him what originally happened with the link, and how he's going to react to that realization. That's when we'll see who he really is.
He is not only and orphan, he had to become a mother/father for Natani and raise her himself. On top of that he and his brother had to become basically a child soldiers, out of desperation, to feed themselves. And if that is not enough Natani almost died once when they were on a mission and he had to make a pact with a psycho to keep her from dying as a vegetable which brought all the mind link and all of its glorious problems over all the issues they already had.
Despite this Natani came out quite well being more intelligent, stronger and more mature, although not by much, than his older sibling. In fact i think Natani is larger than Zen.
So yeah he has not been an stellar brother, but under his situations. What could we really expect?
I have to agree. Zen was just doing the best he could with the cards fate had dealt him.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 amDespite this Natani came out quite well being more intelligent, stronger and more mature, although not by much, than his older sibling. In fact i think Natani is larger than Zen.
I'm sorry, but does she appear to be better than her brother because it's true, or is it because she's been in the story more than her brother?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#33 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 am
Tyger42 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:49 amHoly crap. Zen shows compassion, care for his sibling, and progress on understanding and [censored] gotta [censored] all over him. Good lord, people, who pissed in your cheerios?

I'm going to go with Technic on this one. Were there things Zen could have done better? Sure, but don't tell me you never made any mistakes when you were a kid. For Zen, though, the stakes were a hell of a lot higher and he did a very good job under the circumstances. I find it hard to blame him for being a little on the over-helpful side considering what happened to Nat originally. He's not even that overly-helpful, overly-protective. He could be trying to poke his nose into every possible issue Nat could run into, but instead he's letting Nat handle anything that doesn't directly involve Zen himself aside from the occasional "Hey, how are you doing? Everything going alright? Need anything?" He gives Nat her space, and the only detrimental thing he's done is allow her to become mentally reliant on the link (if not physically/soul-ly?) by leaving it in place and not forcing Nat to break it off, even if only temporarily.
As for his comment to Kat, everyone needs someone to talk to sometimes, and you can't always talk about certain things with some people because they just wouldn't understand or, well, because Nat talking to her brother about womanly issues, be they of the more physical variety or the emotional variety (<3 Keith, for instance) would not exactly be a comfortable prospect for either of them, and it's already an uncomfortable topic for Natani.
BadFoMo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:34 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 amDespite this Natani came out quite well being more intelligent, stronger and more mature, although not by much, than his older sibling. In fact i think Natani is larger than Zen.
I'm sorry, but does she appear to be better than her brother because it's true, or is it because she's been in the story more than her brother?
Natani is much more serious than Zen, but also more reluctant to address/admit to her problems by what we've seen. Zen, on the other hand, hasn't really run into major issue (except the time he had to reach out to Nat to ask Flora about Sythe) and is always joking around. That could be construed as not taking anything seriously, or as the "You can laugh about it or you can cry about it" theory. Ultimately, I think he needs more story-time for me to make a final judgement on him, but I'm leaning towards Zen being more confident and more mature, and Nat being more intelligent.
As for which has more mental fortitude and strength of character, I'm personally reserving judgement until we see how Zen handles this injury. He could nurse it or fall into a depression because of it, or he could try too hard to overcome it and overstress his leg. Or he might know and push his limits even while ensuring he doesn't exceed them. It all depends on more comic time.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for Sunday, May 6th, 2018: Bedside Discussion

#34 Post by CrRAR »

SpottedKitty wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:51 am
CrRAR wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:58 am ...or maybe he'd just punch him on the shoulder and order him to, "Grow a pair, brah" (Then motion to his own "manly" chest, and flex a bicep) :mrgrin:
Y'know, that really ought to appear — if not in the comic, then in a stream sketch — just so we can see Zen's reaction. :zen: Image
He'd probably cry tears of joy. XD

Heck yeah, just Natani torso-up, smiling, eyes closed with a thumbs up and the caption "Grow a pair!" emblazoned below it.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!