Comic for Sunday, May 6th, 2018: Bedside Discussion

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for Sunday, May 6th, 2018: Bedside Discussion

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Aww, Zen being a 100% awesome humblebro. Very touching moment by the endpanel, I do wonder though if Kat will take the kind reinforcement to heart in her Natani-senpai saga. XD
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic for Saturday, May 6, 2018: Bedside Discussion

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

As an older brother myself. I know these feels.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3 Post by Hulk10 »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:20 pm As an older brother myself. I know these feels.
Me too.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

amenon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by amenon »

Huzzah for something like introspection! But Zen continues to miss the point. In the end, Natani didn't lean on anybody. We're now past where Zen can afford to keep looking down on him.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#5 Post by SirJahar »

Zen... shut up.
You've tried, but you've been more harmful than helpful. At this point, the best thing you can do is leave her alone and go find a life of your own.

Wobaku
Traveler

#6 Post by Wobaku »

I wonder if Zen would have such a favourable view of Kat if he knew she was trying to insert herself into Natani's relationship/offered to be her backup should her relationship go sour, while Natani was in a coma and the guy she actually wants to be with was out risking his life to save hers.
amenon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:25 pm Huzzah for something like introspection! But Zen continues to miss the point. In the end, Natani didn't lean on anybody. We're now past where Zen can afford to keep looking down on him.
SirJahar wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm Zen... shut up.
You've tried, but you've been more harmful than helpful. At this point, the best thing you can do is leave her alone and go find a life of your own.
To give him some credit, he does say Natani seems better for having been away from him, he might not have got it yet, but it doesn't rule out that he won't down the line.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:25 pm Huzzah for something like introspection! But Zen continues to miss the point. In the end, Natani didn't lean on anybody. We're now past where Zen can afford to keep looking down on him.
Indeed, Zen's biggest drive throughout their lives has been to keep Natani safe. Which, yup, requires sheltering "little bro" Natani to a significant degree and be an administrative parent-type. That's what Zen is lamenting here. Like you say Zen is realizing something important in that external to the relationship they have, Kat ...and by extension the rest of the world could be (IS!) a hugely beneficial influence on Natani as an individual.

In reaction I see Zen playing their bond more laissez faire. Which, imo, was slowly occurring anyway with how strongly they could block each other out. The world is a harsh but marvelous teacher. For that reason, Natani's is not worse off for being rebonded I don't think, experiences change things. It's been quite a trip.

"Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving."
Fight the power!

Thallium
Templar

#8 Post by Thallium »

CrRAR wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 pm In reaction I see Zen playing their bond more laissez faire. Which, imo, was slowly occurring anyway with how strongly they could block each other out. The world is a harsh, but marvelous teacher. For that reason, Natani's is not worse off for being rebonded I don't think, experiences change things. It's been quite a trip.

"Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving."
Damn that quote is apt for the situation they find themselves in. It really has been quite the trip for these characters hasn't it, and in such a short space of "real" time too (what's it been at this point, less than a year?). That's why I think 2K stands above all the other webcomics, Tom isn't afraid to take things slow and just character develop to all hell. That even looks to be the entire point of this chapter before things pick up before what I presume will be the final act.
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

Re: Comic for Sunday, May 6, 2018: Bedside Discussion

#9 Post by Neutral Smith »

Saturday, May 6? (and yes, the topic uses the title of the last post)

I'm a bit confused that Kat and Zen have no language problems. Zen knows little Human, so they speak Keidran, but I don't think that Katrhin knows a lot of Keidran. She might be able to understand it, but I don't think that Eric allowed her to speak it a lot.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by aitaituo »

Why not? Eric speaks Keidran fluently and Kat's always been able to speak fine with Natani who barely speaks anything except Keidran.

amenon
Grand Templar

#11 Post by amenon »

Hmm, so here's a more fridge-degree impression: Zen's speaking as if he wanted to thank Kat for a while, but... when has Zen actually processed the whole girl talk bit? When it originally happened, he was asleep. By the time he woke up, it certainly seems like Natani was already asleep, napping with Keith; and then when Natani woke up again, Zen was still unconscious from getting rocked by Red. And when he woke up, they were all business, and then the shackle happened.

Hmm... I guess the answer could be that Zen went through Nat's memories during this 'some time later'. But then that would imply that Zen saw the whole bath kissing scene as well, and that should have been too big a thing to skip over.

So I guess I'll conclude that Zen's actually catching up right now, and the 'wanted to thank you' gives the wrong impression (but maybe he's saying that because he knows that for Kat, it's already old news?)

This has been an episode of Thinking It Through, with your host, amenon.

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:21 pm I'm a bit confused that Kat and Zen have no language problems. Zen knows little Human, so they speak Keidran, but I don't think that Katrhin knows a lot of Keidran. She might be able to understand it, but I don't think that Eric allowed her to speak it a lot.
Kat speaks Keidran fine. (She's never had a language barrier with Natani, either.) Of the slaves, it's Mike who's bad at it.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:43 pm Hmm, so here's a more fridge-degree impression: Zen's speaking as if he wanted to thank Kat for a while, but... when has Zen actually processed the whole girl talk bit? When it originally happened, he was asleep. By the time he woke up, it certainly seems like Natani was already asleep, napping with Keith; and then when Natani woke up again, Zen was still unconscious from getting rocked by Red. And when he woke up, they were all business, and then the shackle happened.

Hmm... I guess the answer could be that Zen went through Nat's memories during this 'some time later'. But then that would imply that Zen saw the whole bath kissing scene as well, and that should have been too big a thing to skip over.

So I guess I'll conclude that Zen's actually catching up right now, and the 'wanted to thank you' gives the wrong impression (but maybe he's saying that because he knows that for Kat, it's already old news?)

This has been an episode of Thinking It Through, with your host, amenon.
Using your handy dandy comic searcher. I pulled this up in record time. Which somewhat works perfectly analogous to how it seems the memories shared between them work. They seem to essentially rush back as part of their own worldly experience as much how personal memories are to an individual, just kind of... there ambiently. So I think him realizing it could have happened in an instant whenever he was able to get his Mindlink Push Notifications™.

It also seems that they are able to visit the linkspace in varying levels of consciousness, the example I'm thinking of namely is with Natani on the boat before awakening to the fire. Maybe there are more examples. The complete separations where they couldn't visit seem to revolve around magical interruptions... short of "something terrible" happening as Zen puts it.
Fight the power!

amenon
Grand Templar

#13 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 pm Using your handy dandy comic searcher. I pulled this up in record time. Which somewhat works perfectly analogous to how it seems the memories shared between them work. They seem to essentially rush back as part of their own worldly experience as much how personal memories are to an individual, just kind of... there ambiently. So I think him realizing it could have happened in an instant whenever he was able to get his Mindlink Push Notifications™.
Yup, it could be done very quickly. (And indeed, I think he's doing it right now.) The problem to it having been earlier is a lack of any previous reaction (not necessarily to the girl talk, which Zen quite possibly would have just ignored, but the Big Damn Kiss, which he would have given Natani Infinite Hell over, and which was probably in the same batch of Mindlink Push Notifications™)

CrRAR wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 pmIt also seems that they are able to visit the linkspace in varying levels of consciousness, the example I'm thinking of namely is with Natani on the boat before awakening to the fire. Maybe there are more examples. The complete separations where they couldn't visit seem to revolve around magical interruptions... short of "something terrible" happening as Zen puts it.
I don't think they can read memories if the other one is sleeping, because if they could, then Natani would have known that Zen was in trouble when he thought he was just sleeping. (Because he wouldn't have just suddenly fallen asleep in the middle of putting Sythe in bondage.) [And how's that for a next-level kink.]

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Vintage »

This page is ridiculously adorable and heartwarming :heart:
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by CrRAR »

Vintage wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:51 pm This page is ridiculously adorable and heartwarming :heart:
That just made me think, Kat rendered a favor... Zen is thankful... we're literally ONE panel away from:

Zen: "If you even need anyone dead, kid, I'm your man. First one's on me." :wink:
Fight the power!