Comic for April 28, 2018

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for April 28, 2018

#16 Post by amenon »

Kat is into unconscious wolves. It's a very specific kink, but she's really been getting to indulge lately :P

Also, I think this means both Magi bros have interesting sleeping behaviors in general. I wonder if Zen also has a propensity to accidentally share a bed? :grin:

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:08 am That fist panel...
Am i the only one that finds Kat a bit scary on that panel? I am not sure why, but that King novel: Misery, comes to mind...
Not helped by her describing Raine as 'a human girl', as if to minimize her, rather than using her name.

Tom: When there's a timeskip, the things that would have happened still happen. They've clearly met multiple times. Kat knows her name. Why doesn't she use it? (Or potentially even say 'Miss Raine', should that be more appropriate for their level of familiarity.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Candycat
Citizen

#17 Post by Candycat »

Kat the Working Professional? :kathrin:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#18 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 am Kat is into unconscious wolves. It's a very specific kink, but she's really been getting to indulge lately :P

Also, I think this means both Magi bros have interesting sleeping behaviors in general. I wonder if Zen also has a propensity to accidentally share a bed? :grin:

Am i the only one that finds Kat a bit scary on that panel? I am not sure why, but that King novel: Misery, comes to mind...
Not helped by her describing Raine as 'a human girl', as if to minimize her, rather than using her name.

Tom: When there's a timeskip, the things that would have happened still happen. They've clearly met multiple times. Kat knows her name. Why doesn't she use it? (Or potentially even say 'Miss Raine', should that be more appropriate for their level of familiarity.)
Tom's come in and re-edited that line. Kathrin refers to Raine by name now.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#19 Post by Neptune »

I browse 2KG, and I found a reply to the post of the comic that I agreed with, so I'm just pasting it here.
Anonymous wrote:an i n f e c t i o n on top of that kind of tissue damage (from the overheating memecharm) would have resulted in krokodil levels of necrosis (do not look up if you are underage/squeamish). Amputation would be the kindest option.
feels like a cop out, and not even for "keeping the comic pg13" reasons. Zen losing the foot could have lead to all sorts of interesting character development, but no, mchappy ending(tm) is clearly the superior option.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by aitaituo »

amenon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 am Kat is into unconscious wolves. It's a very specific kink, but she's really been getting to indulge lately :P

Alternative hypothesis: Socially awkward Raine didn't introduce herself to the clearly underqualified and buck naked keidran slavegirl whose main job was to care for the only person in the room that Raine gives a crap about. Alternative-alternative hypothesis: Rose used magic mindwipes on Kat to prevent her from learning Raine's name and blabbing to the Templar in town. Alt-alt-alt hypothesis: Kat didn't immediately remember what's-her-face's name.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:53 am First off: I never in all my life thought that there'd be a connection to a work by Stephen King in Twokinds, so thanks for that mind-blowing moment.
Second: Kat literally explains that Zen was still pretty "Strung-Out" on the Herbs Raine gave him, so him reaching up to grabbing at Kats' Pillows :wink: :wink: isn't entirely implausible a scenario
Third: We're starting a new chapter, and Tom does tend to put one or two small jokes in the beginning before starting the overall plot, so as forced as it is may be, I doubt it'll ruin the overall tone of this chapter; which may be interesting now that both the groups are literally beneath the same roof and their's still the mystery of the Mansions "Forbidden Wing"

And About Kat's Shirt: I'm guessing it's something from Eric's things, probably used by his previous "Models"
You are welcome!
In any case what i meant is that the way they are drawn in the panel it looks like for some reason Kat was on top of the bed and Zen just decided to lunge* for it. A more natural way could have been Kat actually changing Zen pillows. When she lift him up to get the used ones he "mistook" her for the fresh bedding.
Also i do not imply this would negatively affect the tone of the chapter, i will probably forget it next week anyway, i was just pointing out this was a lame and poorly executed joke IMHO.
Neptune wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 pm I browse 2KG, and I found a reply to the post of the comic that I agreed with, so I'm just pasting it here.
Anonymous wrote:an i n f e c t i o n on top of that kind of tissue damage (from the overheating memecharm) would have resulted in krokodil levels of necrosis (do not look up if you are underage/squeamish). Amputation would be the kindest option.
feels like a cop out, and not even for "keeping the comic pg13" reasons. Zen losing the foot could have lead to all sorts of interesting character development, but no, mchappy ending(tm) is clearly the superior option.
Measuring temperature from radiance is as old as blacksmithing. But only recently it became a precise science. According to This little article the magical shackle would be next 1000 °C Also the thing was melting. The actual melting point of a metal depends on its composition but for normal steel alloy a good number is around 1500 °C.
So realistically his fur, and probably everything else, would have catched fire and he would have burned to dead before carver had been teleported away.

Respecting the infection Since the think was so hot it effectively sterilized and cauterized the wound, and he had someone to dress and treat the wound on site. I think the infection is more an opportunistic bacteria he already had around responding to the high stress of the wound. But that is mere speculation.

In any case this is a world were a physiology-level gender reassignment surgery is possible, if you know a powerful enough person, and some people can change species at will. I suppose healing such extensive damage would be child play for someone who knew what he was doing.
In any case i think Zen will be forced to retire from his job.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#22 Post by The Rookie »

Wobaku wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 pmKeidran in general just aren't big on clothes, even Sythe wears nothing but a loin cloth (and that might just be for the benefit of his human friends) and he's basically part of the nobility, if not royalty. Her fur probably conceals all her details and keeps her warm.
Actually, Sythe is one of the more clothes on type. It's just that Flora stole his and sent them all down stream at one point, leaving him with just that cloth.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Wobaku
Traveler

#23 Post by Wobaku »

The Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:49 am
Wobaku wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 pmKeidran in general just aren't big on clothes, even Sythe wears nothing but a loin cloth (and that might just be for the benefit of his human friends) and he's basically part of the nobility, if not royalty. Her fur probably conceals all her details and keeps her warm.
Actually, Sythe is one of the more clothes on type. It's just that Flora stole his and sent them all down stream at one point, leaving him with just that cloth.
Right you are. But still given his teasing of Red, and that he doesn't seem to be mind walking around nearly naked I think it's safe to say even he isn't particularly bothered one way or the other.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#24 Post by MaverickMopete »

The Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:49 am
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it was Keith who had his clothes sent downriver.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#25 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yes, poor Kat... :zen: :kathrin:
Videre videnda.

Wobaku
Traveler

#26 Post by Wobaku »

MaverickMopete wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it was Keith who had his clothes sent downriver.
Yeah she did that to Keith too, but also to Sythe like I linked above. She's a bad cat.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#27 Post by The Rookie »

MaverickMopete wrote: Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it was Keith who had his clothes sent downriver.
Yeah, she's done it to both of them. It's kind of her thing :roll:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

Wobaku wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:44 pm
MaverickMopete wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it was Keith who had his clothes sent downriver.
Yeah she did that to Keith too, but also to Sythe like I linked above. She's a bad cat.
She can be a bit vengeful.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#29 Post by Schrodinger »

Rafe wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:20 am Image

Okay...testing something...
Rafe, there is an edit button. Next time use that instead of triple posting, please.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Proforce

#30 Post by Proforce »

Hmm, you know, I just noticed that Kat's surprised yelp wasn't in Keidran (I don't see those brackets on her speech). As loud as that appeared to be, I'd think someone must have heard it, especially Rose who seems to be able to be everywhere at once.

Maybe it did happen and we haven't seen it yet. But who knows? Either way, I love the interaction here, especially with Kat being so cute when she's embarrassed!