The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for April 28, 2018

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Title text: Bedside Manor

Oh man, loopy Zen is just as amazing as last time. And now, the shipping commences....

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

Re: Comic for April 28, 2018

#2 Post by ClockworkPanda »

Oh dear, wow, Zen always so smooth with the ladies. Poor Kat :P

Wonder how this registered down on the other end of the link? :|

Thallium
Templar

#3 Post by Thallium »

First that's a great glamour shot of Kat in the first panel (character sheet updates anyone?) and second, if Twokinds isn't technologically advanced enough to have motorboats, I wonder what that move Zen just pulled is called?
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

So that's why she's wearing only a shirt? I'm sorry, I said it once, and I shall say it again. Wouldn't wearing only a shirt cause the legs to feel cold?

Or is Kathrin a nudist who only wears the minimum of what's needed?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#5 Post by Hulk10 »

Poor Kat........... That must have been uncomfortable.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 pm So that's why she's wearing only a shirt? I'm sorry, I said it once, and I shall say it again. Wouldn't wearing only a shirt cause the legs to feel cold?

Keidrans don't much care about clothes remember?

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Wobaku
Traveler

#7 Post by Wobaku »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 pm So that's why she's wearing only a shirt? I'm sorry, I said it once, and I shall say it again. Wouldn't wearing only a shirt cause the legs to feel cold?

Keidran in general just aren't big on clothes, even Sythe wears nothing but a loin cloth (and that might just be for the benefit of his human friends) and he's basically part of the nobility, if not royalty. Her fur probably conceals all her details and keeps her warm.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

Wobaku wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 pm

Keidran in general just aren't big on clothes, even Sythe wears nothing but a loin cloth (and that might just be for the benefit of his human friends) and he's basically part of the nobility, if not royalty. Her fur probably conceals all her details and keeps her warm.
I agree with that. She must be very soft.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Not at all bad company to wake up to.

*Tsk tsk* Zen... "Services" not even offered and that panel 5 behavior ALREADY!? Strong anesthetics do make the best alibis tho.

inb4 Zen ruins everything claiming to be "feeling better already... all appendages considered!"' :wink:

:shock:

Zen: "Waaai-it... not like thaaat- No, don't storm o- aww come back, don't slam the doo-" *SLAM*
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#10 Post by Hayate »

Woooow. I'm surprised he didn't get a slap to the face strong enough to cure his other wounds after that... I wonder if Nat is getting second hand embarrassed from all this via the link.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

Hayate wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:22 am Woooow. I'm surprised he didn't get a slap to the face strong enough to cure his other wounds after that... I wonder if Nat is getting second hand embarrassed from all this via the link.
Maybe she is and we just don't know it.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

That fist panel...
Am i the only one that finds Kat a bit scary on that panel? I am not sure why, but that King novel: Misery, comes to mind...

In any case i would say that it was a nice first interactions and a cute comic but that joke is way too forced for my taste. And last time Tom decided to push a forced joke that far, well Keidran ended up having a 20~ years lifespan.
First, why was Kat so close to him? was she cleaning his droll, redressing his paw, changing his bedsheets? Also the angle suggest he did not "fell" on his imaginary pillows but rather lunged* forward, chasing them.
If this joke was absolutely necessary, for yet unknown plot reasons, something i doubt. It could have been made different: like for example, he reached for water and on his stupor he "accidentally" missed and grabbed her, or while she was cleaning him up he "collapsed" over her. But as it is is just a forced grope joke. Not even a very good one. IMHO
And finally what is the shirt good for? Specially a shirt so thin you can see her spots through it.

*Could not find a better word to make it sound less horrible, sorry
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#13 Post by Elemental Templar »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:08 am That fist panel...
Am i the only one that finds Kat a bit scary on that panel? I am not sure why, but that King novel: Misery, comes to mind...

In any case i would say that it was a nice first interactions and a cute comic but that joke is way too forced for my taste. And last time Tom decided to push a forced joke that far, well Keidran ended up having a 20~ years lifespan.
First, why was Kat so close to him? was she cleaning his droll, redressing his paw, changing his bedsheets? Also the angle suggest he did not "fell" on his imaginary pillows but rather lunged* forward, chasing them.
If this joke was absolutely necessary, for yet unknown plot reasons, something i doubt. It could have been made different: like for example, he reached for water and on his stupor he "accidentally" missed and grabbed her, or while she was cleaning him up he "collapsed" over her. But as it is is just a forced grope joke. Not even a very good one. IMHO
And finally what is the shirt gonna do? Specially a shirt so thin you can see her spots through it.

*Could not find a better word to make it sound less horrible, sorry
First off: I never in all my life thought that there'd be a connection to a work by Stephen King in Twokinds, so thanks for that mind-blowing moment.
Second: Kat literally explains that Zen was still pretty "Strung-Out" on the Herbs Raine gave him, so him reaching up to grabbing at Kats' Pillows :wink: :wink: isn't entirely implausible a scenario
Third: We're starting a new chapter, and Tom does tend to put one or two small jokes in the beginning before starting the overall plot, so as forced as it is may be, I doubt it'll ruin the overall tone of this chapter; which may be interesting now that both the groups are literally beneath the same roof and their's still the mystery of the Mansions "Forbidden Wing"

And About Kat's Shirt: I'm guessing it's something from Eric's things, probably used by his previous "Models"
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:53 am First off: I never in all my life thought that there'd be a connection to a work by Stephen King in Twokinds, so thanks for that mind-blowing moment.
That's a plot theory I like, Misery. Kat kidnapping disabled Zen, somehow keeping him from using the link, and forcing him to... well something other than writing anyway.

Panther
Merchant

#15 Post by Panther »

That's a good way to begin a friendship =^_^=

Common joke in such situation . Why we haven't guessed it would come ? More afraid about Zen's leg meanwhile , need a doctor hurry up
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: