Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

Re: Comic for April 20, 2018: Chapter 20: Stories of the Estate

#31 Post by Neptune »

CrRAR wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 pm
Neptune wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 pm the room
You're tearing me apart Lisa!
Fug, you took the words out of my mouth :DDDDDDDDD
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Rafe
Council Member

#32 Post by Rafe »

All the images we've been seeing of herbally-drugged Zen have been sinking in to form my latest theory:
Zen is now (and maybe permanently) disabled and disfigured. He's been joking about having his leg amputated, but of course, he might seriously be worried about it. With Keith and Natani together and Natani having the major mental healing with her past self, Zen isn't the big force in her life that he was. Being cared for by Kat might be nice at some level, but it ultimately has to take a chunk out of his ego. It's possible that in this pain-filled state of low esteem that he will end up becoming addicted to herbal pain killers.

In a parallel to the present opioid drug crisis, Zen's becomes dependent, and his own male personality becomes less dominant. Kat tries to help but struggles. Natani and even Young-Natani prop up his personality and keep him alive, but Zen ends up as a drug addicted cross-dressing wolf and finally turns to prostitution, much as happened with Phil the Wolf on Family Guy

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcw5UYPMD_E

Neptune
Master

#33 Post by Neptune »

Jesus, nice [censored] posting there

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#34 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tom has mastered the art of anticipation and foreshadowing. Which is no surprise, he has been doing that since 2004.
All aboard the hype train!!!

But it looks like he is not as good when it comes to drawing doors. That reflection is as generic as a door can get.

Also seems like Rose is that kind of woman who can look years younger by simply changing her hairstyle. Who would have thougth?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#35 Post by Ddraig »

Kitch wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 am I think Maddie, Karen, and Maeve will all end up friends.

I also think :zen: and :kathrin: will end up in a compromising position that will make :natani: very uncomfortable through the link.
good god your signature is massive - and broken.

Also, I'm all for Zen and Kat hooking up, they both need it (As Nat said, Zen's hopeless and Kat does need to get laid)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Kitch
Apprentice

#36 Post by Kitch »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 am
Kitch wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 am I think Maddie, Karen, and Maeve will all end up friends.

I also think :zen: and :kathrin: will end up in a compromising position that will make :natani: very uncomfortable through the link.

Also, I'm all for Zen and Kat hooking up, they both need it (As Nat said, Zen's hopeless and Kat does need to get laid)
Nah, just broken. It was two fan bars.

imalbert
Master

#37 Post by imalbert »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 am good god your signature is massive - and broken.
Kitch wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:30 pm Nah, just broken. It was two fan bars.
Also, Photobucket deciding to be extra rude.

Neptune
Master

#38 Post by Neptune »

But Zen and Raine :(

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#39 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Neptune wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm

But Zen and Raine :(
Sadly that ship was dead on the water since Raine is paired with Red. For better or for worse.
Personally i like the Zen/Kat ship, poor Kat needs to snap out of her stockholm syndrome crush with her master/owner/big brother ?. And who be than Nat brother to help her?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Shadow lurker

#40 Post by Shadow lurker »

Just want to put this here before this topic is becomes irrelevant.

But that door in the mana crystal might be referring to Nat and Zens link thing(you know like a way to interface with it or something).

Neptune
Master

#41 Post by Neptune »

Shadow lurker wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 pm Just want to put this here before this topic is becomes irrelevant.

But that door in the mana crystal might be referring to Nat and Zens link thing(you know like a way to interface with it or something).
Nah, it's definitely referring to the "third floor" Euchre mentioned at the end of Chapter 19.

The crystal is the one Brahn gave to Clovis at the end of Chapter 18.

Shadow lurker

#42 Post by Shadow lurker »

Neptune wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm Nah, it's definitely referring to the "third floor" Euchre mentioned at the end of Chapter 19.

The crystal is the one Brahn gave to Clovis at the end of Chapter 18.
Precisely the crystal was given to Clovis as payment for their services, so why would it be linked with the third floor of the manor?

In my mind the crystal has one of two enchantments, either gender bending or the aforementioned soul thing,and if you were Clovis which would you choose, to regain your original form and prance around your men without the worry of heat,or take your (perceived) vengeance on the people that got you cursed in the first place.

Clovis sent out one of thier men to capture Zen alive,now this may have just be out of pure spite or maybe the enchantment works better with the target being close by,
now you have both of the people you hate in the palm of your hand, one as a prisoner and one as a slave (with all its Connotations) via the link.

Such a set up would also benefit Brahn as he would have a spy who didn't know they were a spy, controlling them while they slept and passing it of a sleep walking or something.

PS If i remember right Brahn said something like "This cost a lot of my men their lives to make" he might have been trying to replicate what happened to Nat,and you know soul shattering magic kills its caster and all, plus a few failed attempts probably helped.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by SpottedKitty »

Shadow lurker wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 pm PS If i remember right Brahn said something like "This cost a lot of my men their lives to make" he might have been trying to replicate what happened to Nat,and you know soul shattering magic kills its caster and all, plus a few failed attempts probably helped.
Not quite; it was "It took a team of our best mages weeks to weave the magic." So, annoyingly difficult and expensive (and possibly needed to be done more than once to get it right), but not actively dangerous.

I've been pondering the amulet's purpose as well. After changing my mind at least three times, I decided it'll be more fun just sitting back and seeing how the story unfolds.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Eclipse
Templar Master

#44 Post by Eclipse »

So I had a thought about Zen X Kat. What if they end up together because Eric rejects Kat? It would actually make sense, for all of Eric's perving he's thought too highly of Kat to treat her that way. It's possible that even after she confesses her feelings to him he just can't bring himself to treat her that way even if she wants him to. That might explain how she ends up with Zen. She would be forced to move on to someone else.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#45 Post by Hulk10 »

That would be interesting.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.