Map of Mekkan

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Map of Mekkan

#16 Post by NuclearBird »

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am I could see Snow Tiger Tribes in the mountains or the Frozen wastes.
Mountains would have Snow Leopards, as per their real life counterparts, since they are adapted to the rough terrain, thin atmosphere and cold weather of mountainous climates.
"Snow" Tigers would be more suited towards the Taiga forests, just like IRL Siberian tigers. They would also be proportionally larger than tropical tigers, since a larger body makes your surface to volume ratio smaller, meaning your body dissipates less heat per unit of mass. This is why polar bears and penguins can survive outside of polar waters (which aren't really that cold compared to the -50°C surface)

The name Frozen Wastes implies a lack of large vegetation, ergo it's a Tundra, ergo the only vegetation found there would be those mini trees that look like weeds and grass. You won't find many large animals out there, moose and reindeer maybe, but not any large groups of (mostly) carnivorous humanoids, by which I mean Arctic Fox Keidran. There just wouldn't be enough prey in a given area and even if they domesticated moose or even fantasy mammoths, the sparse vegetation and unforgiving conditions put a tight limit on population growth even on omnivorous humans, especially with the mostly medieval tech level (see: Siberia, Lappland, Canada, Alaska)
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

NuclearBird wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am I could see Snow Tiger Tribes in the mountains or the Frozen wastes.
Mountains would have Snow Leopards, as per their real life counterparts, since they are adapted to the rough terrain, thin atmosphere and cold weather of mountainous climates.
"Snow" Tigers would be more suited towards the Taiga forests, just like IRL Siberian tigers. They would also be proportionally larger than tropical tigers, since a larger body makes your surface to volume ratio smaller, meaning your body dissipates less heat per unit of mass. This is why polar bears and penguins can survive outside of polar waters (which aren't really that cold compared to the -50°C surface)

The name Frozen Wastes implies a lack of large vegetation, ergo it's a Tundra, ergo the only vegetation found there would be those mini trees that look like weeds and grass. You won't find many large animals out there, moose and reindeer maybe, but not any large groups of (mostly) carnivorous humanoids, by which I mean Arctic Fox Keidran. There just wouldn't be enough prey in a given area and even if they domesticated moose or even fantasy mammoths, the sparse vegetation and unforgiving conditions put a tight limit on population growth even on omnivorous humans, especially with the mostly medieval tech level (see: Siberia, Lappland, Canada, Alaska)
Good point I see some areas of the map that seem to have taiga forests. Like the forests near the northern tundra. And some near the Snow Wolf Territory. But actually Artic Foxes live in the Arctic Tundra, so do Roe Deer, Grizzly Bears, Artic Wolves, wolverines and one of the biggest is the muskoxen. Muskox are huge, they can weigh up to 900 pounds so there is actually quite a bit of food for large predators. But perhaps Artic Fox Keidran would be smaller than other Fox Keidran. We actually don't know if there are any Keidran or not in the Frozen wastes. But lets not forget this is fiction. And I doubt Tom would go that deep into detail. After all the main difference between Snow Wolf Keidran and regular Wolf Keidran seems to be fur color.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by aitaituo »

Is that a desert in the interior? I thought it was a dry grassland.

Keidran, basitins, and humans aren't evolved. WoG says they were created as part of the Masks' game and their civilizations are only hundreds of years old.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#19 Post by Hulk10 »

I heard they were created and have evolved since then.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 am Is that a desert in the interior? I thought it was a dry grassland.

Keidran, basitins, and humans aren't evolved. WoG says they were created as part of the Masks' game and their civilizations are only hundreds of years old.
Correct all main species are synthetic made by the mask for their games. However he did offered a date: 4000 years ago.
However as any WoG it is not definite unless addressed by the comic directly and depends if Tom changes his mind.

Also:
Tom never elaborated on dragons, as far as I know, since the mask seem to have no authority over them they may have existed before decided to create the rest of the races.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#21 Post by Schrodinger »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:59 am
aitaituo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 am Is that a desert in the interior? I thought it was a dry grassland.

Correct all main species are synthetic made by the mask for their games. However he did offered a date: 4000 years ago.
However as any WoG it is not definite unless addressed by the comic directly and depends if Tom changes his mind.

Also:
Tom never elaborated on dragons, as far as I know, since the mask seem to have no authority over them they may have existed before decided to create the rest of the races.
Dragons indeed predate the masks. That's some deep lore though.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Warrl »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 pm I heard they were created and have evolved since then.
Yes, but not very much - because evolution hasn't had very long to work.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by aitaituo »

Warrl wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 am
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 pm I heard they were created and have evolved since then.
Hence why it doesn't really matter that every humanoid species came from an island or that there isn't a plausible environmental reason for their traits. On these kinds of time scales, evolved traits tend to be superficial or the result of sexual selection, like Kat.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by Hulk10 »

Yeah and the basic Keidran design seems to be good for all habitats. So in a sense Snow Tigers could live anywhere theoretically.

Carnaxus

#25 Post by Carnaxus »

Four thousand years of relatively short Keidran lifespans (even post-retcon they don’t appear to live as ling as humans on average) is plenty of time for a decent bit of evolution to take place.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by Hulk10 »

Carnaxus wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Four thousand years of relatively short Keidran lifespans (even post-retcon they don’t appear to live as ling as humans on average) is plenty of time for a decent bit of evolution to take place.
Indeed.