Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

#76 Post by Hulk10 »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:25 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm
Esn wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pmAnd if the theory I’m seeing regarding the Western half of the Islands is true, the “another side” is perceivable in more ways than one.
The Western Basitins live on the Eastern side of the island, actually. See Tom's comment here:

The Western Basitin and the Eastern Basitin ended up on opposite sides of their island after a dramatic event in their history, but they don't like to talk about it.

Their introduction on this page seems to make it more likely that we'll find out what that event was eventually... I'm looking forward to it! I wonder if that's what the Eastern Basitin king meant when she said that the war might come to them... what if the Keidran had been unaware of the existence of the Western Basitin until now (the only port, it seems, is on the other side of the island), and Carver's appearance leads to an alliance between them and the wolves? They seem to be more culturally compatible than Keidran and Eastern Basitins...
Warrl wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:28 am And now we know what (or at least one thing) Nibs is afraid of: Reni.

We don't know if it's Reni, or dragons in general.

We don't know why. Beyond the possibility of the generic squirrel fear of large predators (which has been trained out of Nibs as far as it would apply to humans and wolf-keidran and maybe tiger-keidran - assuming that Nibs is really just a squirrel).
It's because Mrs. Nibbly is Euchre in disguise, and Reni's the only one who could blow his cover among the current group. Plus that explains a whole lot of other strange mysteries. Euchre as much as admitted it two pages ago ("looking after family"). Or does anyone else have an explanation for why his "spirit" tagged along with the team through the portal?
But if Mrs Nibbly is Euchre why did she dive into Maren's shirt?
:twisted:
Pretty sure he ain't no pervert.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#77 Post by Hulk10 »

Panther wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 pm
Panther wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm Carver isn't a terrible person : just someone obeying to the orders and using all he knows to success his missions . For the females basitins , i don't think they're killers : more to capture the fox and take him to the males or in prison while deciding what to do with him .......... Carver finishing as domestic "slave" ? ^_^"
There are few if any evil individuals in this world.
I think there is enough evil persons in this world , with the templar leaders ...........
I concur. There are enough evil persons in the real world too.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#78 Post by Eclipse »

Also if Mrs. Nibbly is Euchre, why is he hanging around Sythe so much? Mrs. Nibbly's behavior doesn't quite match Euchre's, I don't think they're one and the same. Mrs. Nibbly is definitely more than just an ordinary squirrel, but I don't think her true identity is a character we already know.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#79 Post by Hulk10 »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 am Also if Mrs. Nibbly is Euchre, why is he hanging around Sythe so much? Mrs. Nibbly's behavior doesn't quite match Euchre's, I don't think they're one and the same. Mrs. Nibbly is definitely more than just an ordinary squirrel, but I don't think her true identity is a character we already know.
Good point.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#80 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Whatever variety of Basitins we have here, they aren't the type that separate themselves by male and female. Also, the tattooed fur, the spears, the steep mountains, reminds me very strongly of the Maori people in New Zealand. (I'll look for some pics.)
Snippet
Isn't Tom from Hawaii? That could explain the Pacific island look on the Basitin.
Candycat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 am
Maybe, but we don't really know much about how the Western basitins are organized, given their lack of compulsive order-following. If anything they might just have keidrans just walking amongst them. Though I suppose it's plausible they might still have a non-basitin district if they're anywhere as nationalistic or prideful as their eastern cousins... maybe. It's pretty vague.

But these three appear to be something like border patrol/perimeter guards... unless all western basitins walk around armed with rather cumbersome weapons all the time. Well now that I think about it, they might be hunters, since the one in the middle is the one who called the other armed ladies over and they don't seem to have the feel of "official guards". Especially with that "I told you so sis" from the middle one.

Aaanyways. We've already seen that basitins aren't blood-thirsty warmongers. They pride themselves on dishing out "tough love" and fair rules. And the eastern basitins are mentioned to see western basitins as weaker, or at least more emotional and less disciplined. Well, the smartypants megalomaniac general didn't think too highly of them anyways (but he's a trash basitin). So uh, I heavily doubt Carver is in for anything fatal. Although I do think his ego is about to take a fatal blow. I think I'm rambling now.
What i Meant is that since we know Bastitin isles have a small Keidran population there is no wonder the trio knew the language. The "savage" part was a joke :)
Jonesy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 am *sitcom bass line*

Will our outfoxed fox find his way home? Or will one of the girls catch more than just some fish? Tune into TK-TV's hit new harem sitcom; No Fox is an Island!
I would watch that.
If that is not a prime suggestion for another side-comic. Then i do not know what it is.

Ddraig wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pm
Panther wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm Carver isn't a terrible person : just someone obeying to the orders and using all he knows to success his missions . For the females basitins , i don't think they're killers : more to capture the fox and take him to the males or in prison while deciding what to do with him .......... Carver finishing as domestic "slave" ? ^_^"
It's better than what he was intending for Raine - someone he had never met, just ran into by chance.
There's a difference between following orders you don't agree with and exercising initiative and alacrity to expand upon those orders, willingly going beyond the requirements.
He's a terrible person.
I do agree this is a character we can safely toss into the "bad guys" bin. However i doubt this is the type of comic were the antagonist suffer a terrible end or are executed by the main characters with "extreme prejudice" not that they do not deserve that, but the tone of the comic is rather light for such a thing to happen.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Esn
New Citizen

#81 Post by Esn »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 am Also if Mrs. Nibbly is Euchre, why is he hanging around Sythe so much? Mrs. Nibbly's behavior doesn't quite match Euchre's, I don't think they're one and the same. Mrs. Nibbly is definitely more than just an ordinary squirrel, but I don't think her true identity is a character we already know.
Maybe because Sythe was just the one who happened to accept the squirrel's presence and started being friendly to it, so Euchre went along with it in order to be able to openly travel with the group. Note that Euchre jumped from Sythe to Raine when Reni showed up (Raine would be the most likely to defend him if his true identity was suddenly discovered). Then on this page he jumped to a hiding spot on Maren because Reni's attention shifted to Raine.

If Euchre's not Mrs. Nibbly, then where is he? Rose clearly sensed that he was one of the visitors who entered in through the portal. He can't be any of the others in Team A or Team B; we know who they all are. Only Nibbly remains a mystery.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#82 Post by Eclipse »

Esn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 am Maybe because Sythe was just the one who happened to accept the squirrel's presence and started being friendly to it, so Euchre went along with it in order to be able to openly travel with the group. Note that Euchre jumped from Sythe to Raine when Reni showed up (Raine would be the most likely to defend him if his true identity was suddenly discovered). Then on this page he jumped to a hiding spot on Maren because Reni's attention shifted to Raine.
Actually Mrs. Nibbly sought Sythe out when she first appeared and stuck with Sythe when they split up If Mrs. Nibbly was Euchre, she probably wouldn't stuck with Raine when they split up a few pages later, not Sythe. Whoever Mrs. Nibbly is seems to have an affinity for Sythe, which is not any existing character. Hence why it's probably someone new.

Maybe it's a third dragon character or some keidran with a bizarre transformation ability (I wonder if there are actual squirrel keidran?).
Esn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 am If Euchre's not Mrs. Nibbly, then where is he? Rose clearly sensed that he was one of the visitors who entered in through the portal. He can't be any of the others in Team A or Team B; we know who they all are. Only Nibbly remains a mystery.
No she didn't, she never mentioned sensing his physical presence. In fact she implies he isn't with them by goading him into visit in person.

Panther
Merchant

#83 Post by Panther »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pmIt's better than what he was intending for Raine - someone he had never met, just ran into by chance.
There's a difference between following orders you don't agree with and exercising initiative and alacrity to expand upon those orders, willingly going beyond the requirements.
He's a terrible person.
Carver wasn't planning to kill Raine , if you read the fifth panel : more to get her as "gift" with Zen for Clovis
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:45 amI do agree this is a character we can safely toss into the "bad guys" bin. However i doubt this is the type of comic were the antagonist suffer a terrible end or are executed by the main characters with "extreme prejudice" not that they do not deserve that, but the tone of the comic is rather light for such a thing to happen.
Except Laura , i don't remember a character having painfully died ........ And it's possible Carver becomes a nice guy by staying "prisoner" of the basitins ladies , more than go back to Clovis and admit his fail :|
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#84 Post by Ddraig »

Panther wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm
Ddraig wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pmIt's better than what he was intending for Raine - someone he had never met, just ran into by chance.
He's a terrible person.
Carver wasn't planning to kill Raine , if you read the fifth panel : more to get her as "gift" with Zen for Clovis
A "gift" that would leave her a personal slave of an incredibly chauvinistic man, as far as Carver knows, likely to be forced to 'entertain' Clovis - as I doubt Carver knows Clovis's little secret.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#85 Post by Hulk10 »

Carver is a screwed up individual definitely.

Panther
Merchant

#86 Post by Panther »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm
He's a terrible person.
A "gift" that would leave her a personal slave of an incredibly chauvinistic man, as far as Carver knows, likely to be forced to 'entertain' Clovis - as I doubt Carver knows Clovis's little secret.
I think more about Clovis being interested by Raine's magical abilities ........ Brain wash before to use her as a new agent ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#87 Post by Warrl »

Temporarily assuming that Mrs. Nibbly is actually Euchre (for discussion, I am not convinced either way) - does the behavior make sense?

Well, yes.

Approaching Sythe first could have been just a matter of opportunity. Or it could have been a deliberate choice, to conceal whom he's (she's?) most interested in.

Hopping all over from one member of the party to another says that this squirrel is, for some reason, very comfortable with humans and wolf-keidran. Sticking solely with Raine, both wolf-Raine and human-Raine, would have displayed a strong - and specific, therefore suspicious - interest in that one specific person.

Hiding from Reni, the mind-reader... well, that's obvious.

Hiding by hopping down Maren's cleavage - she was convenient at hand, and she's the only mature young female who is wearing chest-garb loose enough to permit that action (Raine's is too tight AND she's his daughter, Flora isn't wearing any, Karen and Madelyn are kids, Rose... would be a very bad move, the guys... aren't young women).

The theory also explains Nibs attacking Carver. Which, for a squirrel, was rather odd.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#88 Post by Hulk10 »

We can't toss current Trace in the bad guy bin in my opinion.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#89 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Panther wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:41 am
Ddraig wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm
He's a terrible person.
I think more about Clovis being interested by Raine's magical abilities ........ Brain wash before to use her as a new agent ?
Considering Raine lineage, a powerful Keidran mage and a powerful human wizard. She would make one hell of an agent. The only reason Raine is not carrying the party on her back is because she never had any formal training. I imagine he could give Old-Trace a run for his money had she been schooled in any kinda of magic. So yeah add some magic 101 to the brain wash and you have a shape-shifting wizard capable of blending in both wolf and human territory mostly unnoticed.
And if he could also "entretain" Clovis when not working on a mission. Kinda the boreal dancer and pontiff sully from Dark Souls 3.
Eclipse wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 am
Esn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 am Maybe because Sythe was just the one who happened to accept the squirrel's presence and started being friendly to it, so Euchre went along with it in order to be able to openly travel with the group. Note that Euchre jumped from Sythe to Raine when Reni showed up (Raine would be the most likely to defend him if his true identity was suddenly discovered). Then on this page he jumped to a hiding spot on Maren because Reni's attention shifted to Raine.
Actually Mrs. Nibbly sought Sythe out when she first appeared and stuck with Sythe when they split up If Mrs. Nibbly was Euchre, she probably wouldn't stuck with Raine when they split up a few pages later, not Sythe. Whoever Mrs. Nibbly is seems to have an affinity for Sythe, which is not any existing character. Hence why it's probably someone new.

Maybe it's a third dragon character or some keidran with a bizarre transformation ability (I wonder if there are actual squirrel keidran?).
Esn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 am If Euchre's not Mrs. Nibbly, then where is he? Rose clearly sensed that he was one of the visitors who entered in through the portal. He can't be any of the others in Team A or Team B; we know who they all are. Only Nibbly remains a mystery.
No she didn't, she never mentioned sensing his physical presence. In fact she implies he isn't with them by goading him into visit in person.
My money is on Nibs being Nora and Trace child. Yeah I know it is unlikely but i like the idea
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#90 Post by Eclipse »

As far as what might happen to Carver, hmm, it's hard to say. Tom really hasn't written out any antagonists yet. You could point to Natani/Zen but that was just one encounter and they weren't really evil to begin with, just following orders. It's entirely possible Carver ends up dead, we have had 2 deaths in the comic already, but neither of them were antagonists. So it's really hard to predict what he could do with bad guys. I'd lean more towards him reforming while he's in the company of the Western Basitins and there being more to why he's working for Clovis, but as it's been said earlier he has gone a bit beyond just bringing in Zen and he comes off as really sadistic, so it might be a stretch for him to suddenly turn good.