Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 20 Epilogue

#31 Post by Rafe »

Tetrahedron wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm Is "Halt" an english word?
Yes, English and German.

Whatever variety of Basitins we have here, they aren't the type that separate themselves by male and female. Also, the tattooed fur, the spears, the steep mountains, reminds me very strongly of the Maori people in New Zealand. (I'll look for some pics.)

[EDIT} Here's what I'm talking about, the mountains and islands along the Tasman Sea, and the Maori.

[ANOTHER EDIT]

I was looking at the images above compared with the comic here, and I noticed something else...

Looks like I was mistaken - all the Basitins here are female.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#32 Post by Hulk10 »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Tetrahedron wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm Is "Halt" an english word?
Yes, English and German.

Whatever variety of Basitins we have here, they aren't the type that separate themselves by male and female. Also, the tattooed fur, the spears, the steep mountains, reminds me very strongly of the Maori people in New Zealand. (I'll look for some pics.)
And they aren't as restrictive about attire.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

Re: Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

#33 Post by GaySailors »

Yeah, these certainly seem more tribal and less strict. On the other hand, I don't know if it's body paint, but a fully black furred basitin? Jeez, most have just been brown haired and brown furred of different shadings.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#34 Post by Hulk10 »

GaySailors wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:20 pm Yeah, these certainly seem more tribal and less strict. On the other hand, I don't know if it's body paint, but a fully black furred basitin? Jeez, most have just been brown haired and brown furred of different shadings.
Yeah this is a plot development I like.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Candycat
Citizen

#35 Post by Candycat »

Hey look! Western Basitins! If they're dressed like this, it's a wonder how Eastern basitins managed to become such prudes. And it is a bit strange they speak Kiedran. Maybe Laura had something to do with this? (Probably not).

This is an appropriate fate for Carver I think. I wonder how this will change him if we ever see him again? For a guy that really looks down on women and thinking them inferior, being stuck on an island of warrior women has to leave a significant mark.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by Hulk10 »

Candycat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 pm Hey look! Western Basitins! If they're dressed like this, it's a wonder how Eastern basitins managed to become such prudes. And it is a bit strange they speak Kiedran. Maybe Laura had something to do with this? (Probably not).

This is an appropriate fate for Carver I think. I wonder how this will change him if we ever see him again? For a guy that really looks down on women and thinking them inferior, being stuck on an island of warrior women has to leave a significant mark.
I agree that it is an appropriate fate for Carver. And it is a wonder the Eastern Basitins became such disgusting prudes.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#37 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well, this was a... random outcome, to say the least. On the bright side, we at least get a look at another side of the Basitin culture. And if the theory I’m seeing regarding the Western half of the Islands is true, the “another side” is perceivable in more ways than one.

Still, I wonder what Chapter 20 has in store for us. The return of Adira and Maeve that some of us are undoubtedly hoping for? Suspicious behavior from Rose as she tries to hide Trace’s secrets from himself? Guess we need to wait a week or two to find out!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Warrl »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pmStill, I wonder what Chapter 20 has in store for us.
While Therie probably won't become a major character, I kind of expect to see her again.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#39 Post by ZeroJinKui »

what is with all the jokes about carver getting lucky?

are western basitins really slutty or something?

carver better not receive that kinda treatment... he's a terrible person who deserves life in prison, at the bare minimum. :redhair:

honestly, though... i'd rather see him speared and fed to sharks.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Eclipse
Templar Master

#40 Post by Eclipse »

Panther wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:29 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:33 pm
Panther wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:41 am Poor Carver , there will be a long way to go back at home . Even with teleportation , if you success to deal with such a distance ............ But at his place , i wouldn't be hurry to leave |D
Indeed. Carver's situation just got a lot more interesting. And hey, if he doesn't want to go there I'd gladly take his place.
I bet you're not the one waiting to Carver leaves and frees the place XD :nora:
Not really sure what you mean here, but honestly if Carver wants to leave I say let him. A scumbag like him doesn't deserve to be in the company of sexy, Amazon-esque Basitin ladies like them.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#41 Post by tony1695 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 am what is with all the jokes about carver getting lucky?

carver better not receive that kinda treatment... he's a terrible person who deserves life in prison, at the bare minimum. :redhair:

It's probably meant in a more "death by snu-snu" sense
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by Hulk10 »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:58 am
ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 am what is with all the jokes about carver getting lucky?

It's probably meant in a more "death by snu-snu" sense
"Death by snu-snu?" That would interesting.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#43 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:10 pm What's interesting to me is that these ladies also speak keidran.
If i am not mistaken. There is a whole non-basitin district in the eastern city. Unless western basitin are a bunch of savages who kill everyone they do not know i imagine there is a western non-basitin district.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Aurora
Citizen

#44 Post by Aurora »

LOL!!! " ... a Keidran on the beach". I wonder if her name is Gabby? Maybe she sees giants, too. XD Seriously, as soon as she said that, that panel struck me
as a call-out to "Gulliver's Travels", with Gabby running thru' the town, screaming, "There's a giant on the beach!!!" :grin:

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#45 Post by RowanEx »

Nobody notices that Carver is on a reverse Keith situation?

Alone, on a beach, with some girl(s) finding him?

Also, Keith's situation was Basitin on Fox Keidran grounds.
Now Carver's situation was Fox Keidran on Western Basitin grounds.

:grin:
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-