Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for April 7, 2018: Chapter 19 Epilogue

#91 Post by Warrl »

It's entirely possible Carver ends up dead, we have had 2 deaths in the comic already, but neither of them were antagonists.
We've had only one named-character non-flashback death that wasn't, to some degree, an opponent or antagonist. However, didn't they lose three Basitin generals? (Granted, one of them seemed more interested in seducing one of the main characters than opposing - but at the time of his death he was an opponent.) And a larger number of unnamed characters are dead.

Panther
Merchant

#92 Post by Panther »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 pmI'd lean more towards him reforming while he's in the company of the Western Basitins and there being more to why he's working for Clovis, but as it's been said earlier he has gone a bit beyond just bringing in Zen and he comes off as really sadistic, so it might be a stretch for him to suddenly turn good.
You would be surprised about how someone can change when his life is in the game : Carver should even to re-think about his misogynous mind :redhair:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#93 Post by Hulk10 »

Anything is possible in fiction.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#94 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Warrl wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:02 pm It's entirely possible Carver ends up dead, we have had 2 deaths in the comic already, but neither of them were antagonists.

We've had only one named-character non-flashback death that wasn't, to some degree, an opponent or antagonist. However, didn't they lose three Basitin generals? (Granted, one of them seemed more interested in seducing one of the main characters than opposing - but at the time of his death he was an opponent.) And a larger number of unnamed characters are dead.
Wll Alaric want' killed in strict sense. He fell to his death when after slipping from Keith grasp. The other general got caught on the explosion of his tower. And the third one was actually a nice guy, but got brutally murdered by Siriuis...
Eclipse wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 pm As far as what might happen to Carver, hmm, it's hard to say. Tom really hasn't written out any antagonists yet. You could point to Natani/Zen but that was just one encounter and they weren't really evil to begin with, just following orders. It's entirely possible Carver ends up dead, we have had 2 deaths in the comic already, but neither of them were antagonists. So it's really hard to predict what he could do with bad guys. I'd lean more towards him reforming while he's in the company of the Western Basitins and there being more to why he's working for Clovis, but as it's been said earlier he has gone a bit beyond just bringing in Zen and he comes off as really sadistic, so it might be a stretch for him to suddenly turn good.
My point is that Carver ending up as and indentured servant to the basitin trio for a time before being executed by multiple lance wounds seems like a very dark end for a character on this comic, at least in my opinion. Maybe the antagonist somehow get to kill themselves, but straight up getting killed, no trial, no chance for redemption?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#95 Post by Eclipse »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 pm As far as what might happen to Carver, hmm, it's hard to say. Tom really hasn't written out any antagonists yet. You could point to Natani/Zen but that was just one encounter and they weren't really evil to begin with, just following orders. It's entirely possible Carver ends up dead, we have had 2 deaths in the comic already, but neither of them were antagonists. So it's really hard to predict what he could do with bad guys. I'd lean more towards him reforming while he's in the company of the Western Basitins and there being more to why he's working for Clovis, but as it's been said earlier he has gone a bit beyond just bringing in Zen and he comes off as really sadistic, so it might be a stretch for him to suddenly turn good.
My point is that Carver ending up as and indentured servant to the basitin trio for a time before being executed by multiple lance wounds seems like a very dark end for a character on this comic, at least in my opinion. Maybe the antagonist somehow get to kill themselves, but straight up getting killed, no trial, no chance for redemption?
[/quote]

About the only thing that really leads me to believe he won't straight up get killed by the Western Basitins is the timing, if he were going to be killed it probably would've happened before the chapter ended. Killing him at the beginning of the chapter doesn't make as much sense, because then you're putting too much of a spotlight on these characters for little to no reason. Other than that, sounds a bit gory but I don't see much problem.