Comic for March 30, 2018: Euchre's Motives

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for March 30, 2018: Euchre's Motives

#61 Post by Hulk10 »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 am
Warrl wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:13 am It's possible to trust and respect someone you intensely dislike.

It's easier to believe you understand the person and their motives and know just how far you can trust them.

Or maybe to generally respect who the person is now but be unable to let go of a personal grudge from something that happened a decade ago.

Either way you may find yourself with a common cause, or different but not-incompatible goals that you can help each other toward.
The problem is that Rose doesn't trust Euchre, it goes beyond just intense dislike. He's shown that he'll let others take the fall to save his own skin, Rose isn't going to want to help him and risk ending up on the gallows again.
Yeah that's true. It is possible to respect an enemy, everyone knows that. But Roselyn doesn't trust or respect her cousin anymore.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#62 Post by Eclipse »

To be fair though, I do expect Rose to heed Euchre's advice, but not because of him. A reawakened Trace poses a danger to the mansion, especially when there are multiple Keidran currently inside, so it would be in her best interests to try and prevent an incident. Furthermore, if Brahn breaks inside the mansion that could cause even more problems, she doesn't want the mansion to be a battlefield between two high level Templar. She may not trust Euchre right now, but assuming that he's lying to her would be extremely dangerous so she'll want to at least prepare for the possibility that Euchre is right.

Candycat
Citizen

#63 Post by Candycat »

But also Trace is about to have hybrid kids relatively soon. So if he does get involved with his past shortly, I can see things getting pretty messy. How do you raise kids when you're in the thick of it? Methinks Trace is gonna get some form of outside support, whether that be some convenient memories coming back or Nora or something else, I dunno.
ImageImage
ImageImage

steelabjur
Council Member

#64 Post by steelabjur »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:39 am
steelabjur wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:41 pm He transformed Mary into a keidran as punishment when he deposed her and put both on the slave market, IIRC. It's how Raine ended up with the anti-magic cuffs that allowed her to stabalize her form, Mary inscribed the runes that powered them. I strongly suspect that EvilTrace didn't know of Euchre's secret or involvement, due to his personality and opinion of Keidran at the time, Mary loved him despite what he did, EvilTrace would have certainly gotten rid of him.
How would Euchre have reached the position of Master Strategist if EvilTrace didn't know about his Perfect Transformation ability? The Master Templars are all high level mages and I don't think EvilTrace would've recruited any of them if they didn't have special abilities. Furthermore, if he knew about Raine, then he could've put two and two together and have figured out, or at least suspected Euchre and investigated further. I doubt they could've kept this from EvilTrace, he probably knew.
It's right there in the title, him being Master Strategist, suggests he has a high level of ability in planning and strategy (much like Architect's skill was building the towers, and Spy's is subterfuge), such skill and being a "high level mage" might have been enough to earn him a place as EvilTrace's lieutenant. The fact that Euchre might have been in the dog house with Mary at the time (due to lying about his nature and knocking her up) might have attracted EvilTrace to take him on as a conspirator when he plotted to depose her as well. Even if he knew of Euchre's Perfect Transformation, I doubt he knew Euchre was actually a Keidran or was the father of Raine. I very much doubt EvilTrace would have kept a Keidran on as a high level Templar, let alone a Master, given his feelings toward them.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#65 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:15 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:39 am
steelabjur wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:41 pm He transformed Mary into a keidran as punishment when he deposed her and put both on the slave market, IIRC. It's how Raine ended up with the anti-magic cuffs that allowed her to stabalize her form, Mary inscribed the runes that powered them. I strongly suspect that EvilTrace didn't know of Euchre's secret or involvement, due to his personality and opinion of Keidran at the time, Mary loved him despite what he did, EvilTrace would have certainly gotten rid of him.
How would Euchre have reached the position of Master Strategist if EvilTrace didn't know about his Perfect Transformation ability? The Master Templars are all high level mages and I don't think EvilTrace would've recruited any of them if they didn't have special abilities. Furthermore, if he knew about Raine, then he could've put two and two together and have figured out, or at least suspected Euchre and investigated further. I doubt they could've kept this from EvilTrace, he probably knew.
It's right there in the title, him being Master Strategist, suggests he has a high level of ability in planning and strategy (much like Architect's skill was building the towers, and Spy's is subterfuge), such skill and being a "high level mage" might have been enough to earn him a place as EvilTrace's lieutenant. The fact that Euchre might have been in the dog house with Mary at the time (due to lying about his nature and knocking her up) might have attracted EvilTrace to take him on as a conspirator when he plotted to depose her as well. Even if he knew of Euchre's Perfect Transformation, I doubt he knew Euchre was actually a Keidran or was the father of Raine. I very much doubt EvilTrace would have kept a Keidran on as a high level Templar, let alone a Master, given his feelings toward them.
I concur with that remark it does seem unlikely that Evil Trace would have kept a Keidran as a high level Templar.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#66 Post by Technic[Bot] »

For what i gather:
Euchre got dragged into Trace´s revolt in exchange for Raine and Mary lives. By this point Trace ha probably figured out that Mary had a child and that Euchre was the stranged father. The wolf in question probably convinced him he was a human who could moprh into a Keidran instead of the other way around.
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 am Yeah I assume you mean given the amount of time it takes this strip to develop?
Yeah i precisely. I look foward to 2077 when the comic is finally finished :D
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#67 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 am For what i gather:
Euchre got dragged into Trace´s revolt in exchange for Raine and Mary lives. By this point Trace ha probably figured out that Mary had a child and that Euchre was the stranged father. The wolf in question probably convinced him he was a human who could moprh into a Keidran instead of the other way around.
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 am Yeah I assume you mean given the amount of time it takes this strip to develop?
I dunno if it will be finished by then.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#68 Post by Neptune »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 am For what i gather:
I dunno if it will be finished by then.
Probably ~1400 if it ends a bit after the baby is born, but 2077 will be in the range for everything else. My guess is (in descending order of likeliness)

1. Tom dies suddenly around 2000
2. Tom actually finishes it
3. Tom stops and gets a job or something like that, and gives the comic to someone else to pilot (no offense but I hope it isn't Dadrobit, Amenon or MrEase. That would scare the life out of me)
4. Tom gives up around 3000 (30 something years of working on it until you're 50 or so must hurt)
5. Tom somehow makes a comic every two days or so and finishes it at 4000 with the loose ends tied
6. Some people help Tom make the characters in the comic have more personality from day 1 so that the comic is overall much better (impossible)

I kinda hope the characters would be more dynamic and likeable (dislikeable in Clovis' case) and we could get a lot of ridiculous turns from this comic.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#69 Post by Hulk10 »

I think we shouldn't be speculating when the comic will end.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#70 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Neptune wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Probably ~1400 if it ends a bit after the baby is born, but 2077 will be in the range for everything else. My guess is (in descending order of likeliness)

3. Tom stops and gets a job or something like that, and gives the comic to someone else to pilot (no offense but I hope it isn't Dadrobit, Amenon or MrEase. That would scare the life out of me)
4. Tom gives up around 3000 (30 something years of working on it until you're 50 or so must hurt)
5. Tom somehow makes a comic every two days or so and finishes it at 4000 with the loose ends tied
6. Some people help Tom make the characters in the comic have more personality from day 1 so that the comic is overall much better (impossible)

I kinda hope the characters would be more dynamic and likeable (dislikeable in Clovis' case) and we could get a lot of ridiculous turns from this comic.
I was actually refereing to YEAR 2077 (60 yeas from now) not the comic page and yes it was a joke.
If i were to give a "real" stimation for the date when Tom finished the comic ,assuming he doess not gets bored and moves on. Would be on year 2030 easily a comic made over 20 years.
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:31 pm I think we shouldn't be speculating when the comic will end.
But it is fun!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#71 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 am

I was actually refereing to YEAR 2077 (60 yeas from now) not the comic page and yes it was a joke.
If i were to give a "real" stimation for the date when Tom finished the comic ,assuming he doess not gets bored and moves on. Would be on year 2030 easily a comic made over 20 years.
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:31 pm I think we shouldn't be speculating when the comic will end.
But it is fun!
I wouldn't say its fun.

Candycat
Citizen

#72 Post by Candycat »

-Speculation about when Twokinds will be finished-
But it is fun!
I wouldn't say its fun.
I would say that whether speculating about the end of the comic is fun or not is entirely subjective.

The real question is what will Tom be doing after he is finally done?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#73 Post by Jonesy »

I once read a novel about an alien who was a member of one of several species enslaved by an interstellar empire. She grows up as little more than a pet to the empire's princess, at one point accompanying her to the family's holiday lodge. While poking around a restricted area, she finds a trophy room containing several heads of her own kind. I can see that being something OldTrace would have, though I suspect the third floor room holds some kind of weird magical thingy. Maybe a magical copy of Trace's wife, or something.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#74 Post by Hulk10 »

Candycat wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 am
-Speculation about when Twokinds will be finished-
But it is fun!
I wouldn't say its fun.
I would say that whether speculating about the end of the comic is fun or not is entirely subjective.

The real question is what will Tom be doing after he is finally done?
Mebbe he could make a sequel comic?

Leomon2004

#75 Post by Leomon2004 »

When I first saw Rose I imagined her being voiced by the lady who played Professor McGonagall.