Comic for March 30, 2018: Euchre's Motives

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for March 30, 2018: Euchre's Motives

#16 Post by Hulk10 »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:37 am
Thallium wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 pm
Titanium Dragon wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 pm I wonder if Rose is going to show Trace what is in that room out of spite, or if she knows what's in there.

Also, which one is Sirus?
He's the shape changing master spy. Last seen looking shifty as Team A was getting off the boat on page 852.
And Sirus also was the person who nudged Trace and Flora together quite hard when he gave a clueless Trace a subtleseed necklace to give to Flora. Maybe even an enchanted one.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/29/
I thought the necklace was what made Flora fall in love with Trace.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#17 Post by Ddraig »

leinglo wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am At this point, I don't think Euchre has to worry about Trace's old identity coming back, or for Trace to be lured back to his old life. I think his new life, his new experiences, connections, values, and identity, is now strong enough to stand alone as a new person and cement the fact that Trace's old life belonged to a different person entirely. A person that is now dead, and who Trace has no connection to beyond his inhabiting the same body.

Then again, if Trace were to find something that spurs him down a similar road to the one the old Trace traveled, it might not matter. Trace's old identity doesn't have to return if he ends up independently mirroring his old life choices anyway.
Trace still has that ghost thing (I want to call it a Hym) that taunts and pushes him and fuels his paranoia, even if it only pops up on rare occasion. Given enough time and without a counterbalancing force (e.g. Flora) it will eventually shift Trace back to dark-mana-fiend.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#18 Post by Hulk10 »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 am
leinglo wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am At this point, I don't think Euchre has to worry about Trace's old identity coming back, or for Trace to be lured back to his old life. I think his new life, his new experiences, connections, values, and identity, is now strong enough to stand alone as a new person and cement the fact that Trace's old life belonged to a different person entirely. A person that is now dead, and who Trace has no connection to beyond his inhabiting the same body.

Then again, if Trace were to find something that spurs him down a similar road to the one the old Trace traveled, it might not matter. Trace's old identity doesn't have to return if he ends up independently mirroring his old life choices anyway.
Trace still has that ghost thing (I want to call it a Hym) that taunts and pushes him and fuels his paranoia, even if it only pops up on rare occasion. Given enough time and without a counterbalancing force (e.g. Flora) it will eventually shift Trace back to dark-mana-fiend.
What makes you so sure of that?

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#19 Post by Insomniac »

Whatever's in that room, it's all but guaranteed that Trace is going to see it.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Hulk10 »

Maybe. Maybe not.

Rafe
Council Member

#21 Post by Rafe »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 pm I wonder if Rose is going to show Trace what is in that room out of spite, or if she knows what's in there.

He's the shape changing master spy. Last seen looking shifty as Team A was getting off the boat on page 852.
And Sirus also was the person who nudged Trace and Flora together quite hard when he gave a clueless Trace a subtleseed necklace to give to Flora. Maybe even an enchanted one.

Probably the most significant thing about Sirus to Euchre is that he was the one who ordered Rose to be hanged.

Seeing him all cheerful and pleased with himself while Rose was trembling and crying on the gallows was one of the most disturbing images in this entire story.

I've always wondered if Sirus suspected what Euchre's true nature was. Now we see that he knows. I wonder if at some point he confronted Euchre about his Keidran identity, and Euchre made him some kind of a bargain as the price for confirming it. Maybe it included giving Rose a long peaceful life, in exchange for Euchre giving up some valuable part of his own life.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by Hulk10 »

Rafe wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 am

Probably the most significant thing about Sirus right now is that he was the one who ordered Rose to be hanged.

Seeing him all cheerful and pleased with himself while Rose was trembling and crying on the gallows was one of the most disturbing images in this entire story.
That smile makes me sick. I wanna scratch his eyes out with my claws.

leinglo
Traveler

#23 Post by leinglo »

Don't forget, Sirus also BRUTALLY (and yes, the all caps is warranted) killed the Basitin muscle general.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/492/
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/500/
When his objective was just to free Natani and Flora, that was just...all kinds of excessively unnecessary.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by Hulk10 »

True enough killing is rarely necessary.

leinglo
Traveler

#25 Post by leinglo »

I guess that's likely the reason Euchre adds the "for now," to his statement about Sirus' status as an ally. He might be on their side at the moment, but you just can't completely trust someone who so clearly puts such a low value on people's lives, and is so willing to start snuffing them out so quickly.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by Hulk10 »

Yeah not that that will change Roselyn's feelings towards Euchre.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#27 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well at least we know what Euchre is planning to do. Keep Trace from going back to genocidal maniac. However the why and how are still not clear enough. One simple explanation is that he doesn't want to see his race wiped out the face of the planet. Something that Dark-Trace was trying to do. Or maybe he has some other ulterior motive. And thus the plot thickens...
Also I am surprised he allied with Sirius. Of all the bunch of crazy lunatics in Trace circle he seemed the least likely to help a shape-shifting Keidran. Not to mention the has a personal grudge Euchre must have with him. However they say that "my enemy´s enemy is my friend"

Apparently Traces memories were not erased, but simply locked aways, there are parts about his former self that pop up time from time. Generally on high stress situations. Sure he has gotten better at handling it specially thanks to Flora. But his past self, or some wierd necromacy subproduct, it is still inside him. If we remember the only 2 times he has gonne haywire is when he had a fight with Flora and thus her positive influence over him was not there.
The guy is a ticking time-bomb it is just a matter of time before something, like whatever is in the third floor, makes him remember his past. And when that happens the party is in for a world of pain.
Alas that is just speculation. I woudl find more interesting if he were to face and accept his past instead of keep trying to run away from it.

On a different note.
I am still quite new here. Does Tom takes breaks between chapters? Or the schedule remains once a week?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

I hope he learns to face his past.

leinglo
Traveler

#29 Post by leinglo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:34 am Apparently Traces memories were not erased, but simply locked aways, there are parts about his former self that pop up time from time. Generally on high stress situations. Sure he has gotten better at handling it specially thanks to Flora. But his past self, or some wierd necromacy subproduct, it is still inside him. If we remember the only 2 times he has gonne haywire is when he had a fight with Flora and thus her positive influence over him was not there.
The guy is a ticking time-bomb it is just a matter of time before something, like whatever is in the third floor, makes him remember his past. And when that happens the party is in for a world of pain.
Alas that is just speculation. I woudl find more interesting if he were to face and accept his past instead of keep trying to run away from it.
The impression I got is that Trace's old identity is not just locked away, it's gone. Shattered. That was implied when Reni read Trace's mind. If there was some kind of lock sealing away a whole other set of memories Reni would've noticed and commented on it. That thing that haunts Trace's mind is more than likely a remnant of the old Trace's black magic infection, with maybe a couple of broken memories or emotions imprinted to it, but not enough to contest Trace's new identity for control, which was formed completely independently of the old one anyway. Trace can still be corrupted again if he can't banish or control that infection, but I very much doubt that the old Trace is capable of coming back. He's dead Jim.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#30 Post by Cosmacelf »

The ultimate end of this comic and/or long arc is when Flora dies and/or grows old and Trace has to accept it. But I don’t think I’ll be alive when the comic finally gets to that point. I guess I’ll just to come to terms with that :D