Comic for March 24, 2018

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Comic for March 24, 2018

#1 Post by TheMouse »

Ooh! Euchre finally reappears. Sort of.

Brahn's pet? Is that Mrs. Nibbly? Or something else lurking around?
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for March 24, 2018

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Something is definitely spooky with Rose. Unless the party has taken twenty minutes to go through the doorway, there is no way she could have made it up there using conventional means.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#3 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I guess Euchre and Rose are on... reasonably ok terms then. I mean, Rose definitely has a hostile undercurrent towards him, but clearly this isn't the first time Rose has spoken to Euchre after the hanging incident. I wonder if Rose spoke with Euchre when he was there as Trace's assistant, and whether Trace even knew about the relation between them? Either way, the impression I'm getting is she doesn't *hate* him, I mean he's still her cousin, but she's no longer that young girl who cares deeply about her cousin... she's grown quite suspicious and skeptical and hostile towards him.

Oh, and I've been looking forward so so much to Rose and Raine meeting, so I'm really disappointed here that upon learning her niece has just arrived, Rose barely acknowledges it. You'd think she'd be more surprised. Maybe she's just pissed off from dealing with Euchre and his shenanigans. Hopefully when she talks to Raine, she'll show some affection and curiosity. Hopefully she won't transfer her hostility towards Euchre and his fraternising with humanity over to Raine :(
tony1695 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:22 am Something is definitely spooky with Rose. Unless the party has taken twenty minutes to go through the doorway, there is no way she could have made it up there using conventional means.
Eh well, she did say "I'll make tea" two pages ago, and Keith, Nat and Zen are going to be moving relatively slowly... but yeah, I guess you have a point...
TheMouse wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:10 am Brahn's pet? Is that Mrs. Nibbly? Or something else lurking around?
I believe she's refering to the Seer's daughter's cat, who has been seen, for instance, sneaking around outside the window here and above the roof here

trantor
Apprentice

#4 Post by trantor »

She is definitely not amused about Euchres "visit".
I think we will see why he appeared and maybe she has some private talk with her niece.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by SpottedKitty »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:41 am I believe she's refering to the Seer's daughter's cat, who has been seen, for instance, sneaking around outside the window here and above the roof here
Hah! I'd noticed the glowing eyes peering in at the window, but not the tail dangling over the roof. Nicely spotted! :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

NuclearBird
Master

#6 Post by NuclearBird »

God, I can almost HEAR that smarmy, smug, condescending, self-satisfied voice.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

yaytime
Apprentice

#7 Post by yaytime »

looks like we get to see Euchre up to no good, and i guessing its nothing good for trace XD
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

Clearly she holds a grudge against her cousin and I don't blame her.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#9 Post by Hulk10 »

NuclearBird wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:49 am God, I can almost HEAR that smarmy, smug, condescending, self-satisfied voice.
I agree......... Euchre makes me sick........

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Panther
Merchant

#10 Post by Panther »

But what ? Euchre wasn't supposed to be killed during the Ephemural's mask event ? :shock:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#11 Post by CrRAR »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:41 am
TheMouse wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:10 am Brahn's pet? Is that Mrs. Nibbly? Or something else lurking around?
I believe she's refering to the Seer's daughter's cat, who has been seen, for instance, sneaking around outside the window here and above the roof here
Yes, maybe the Seer's Daughter in reference to the spying? The Seer's Daughter has many pets.

I can see how it could be understood as Rose comparing Euchre to Clovis too. Clovis is hugely self-serving taking any opportunity to cash in, Euchre's past doesn't paint a much better character picture. I would define Clovis as a pet; loyalty bartered in exchange for shiny objects.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Hulk10 »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:41 am
Yes, maybe the Seer's Daughter in reference to the spying? The Seer's Daughter has many pets.

I can see how it could be understood as Rose comparing Euchre to Clovis too. Clovis is hugely self-serving taking any opportunity to cash in, Euchre's past doesn't paint a much better character picture. I would define Clovis as a pet; loyalty bartered in exchange for shiny objects.
Yeah why does Flora trust that creep anyway?

steelabjur
Council Member

#13 Post by steelabjur »

Is this the first time we've seen Euchre in Tom's current style? Also an interesting bit of info given by Rose, the transformation caused by intruding on the Estate is some type of curse and might not be countered by Euchre's Perfect Transformation, and she can sense "Brahn's pet" lurking about spying and even knows who sent it (which is another check in the "connected to the Estate in some fundamental way" column). Looks like the hostility caused by Euchre leaving her to hang, literally, hasn't dulled over the years either.

allanpike
New Citizen

#14 Post by allanpike »

... Have to admit, it is a little odd coming here and seeing a lot of people commenting on how evil Euchre is, and how he is so much like Clovis in how much of an unforgiving slimeball he is... but... what did he exactly do?

He had an innate gift for transformation magic and had a desire to learn more about magic and probably broaden his horizons. Humans have the greatest magical theory and education, however entering a human town is basically a death sentence for Keidran, or becoming a slave if you're lucky. So he takes on the form a human and enrols in the templar's in order to become better at magic.

I mean... yeah. Not telling Mary that he's not actually a human wasn't the best thing to do. Nor was being willing to let Rose hang exactly a strong character moment. But from what I recall? He was anguished as this. As if he stepped forwards, if he revealed he had a connection to a Keidran, or he actually was on... he could have been sentencing both of them to death! If it wasn't for the fact that Mary cared for him too much to not have him killed immediately, he was pretty much powerless to stop Rose from being killed.

If the backstory flashback we got was meant to show that Euchre is a manipulative and self-serving [censored]. Then it failed utterly. All it showed to me was a young lad doing what he can to learn about an art he is extremely passionate about, and then being forced into an impossible situation where one misstep could have also resulted in his own death. The main stand out moment to me in that flashback isn't Euchre being willing to let Rose hang... but where he brutally there's Mary down by reminding her that Rose's only crime was being a Keidran
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Hulk10 »

I can appreciate your opinion I just don't agree with it.