Comic for March 15, 2018: Squirreled Away

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for March 15, 2018: Squirreled Away

#46 Post by Hulk10 »

Hmm it is an interesting possibility.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 pm
trantor wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:33 pm Mrs. Nibbly looks really afraid - a) from what Rose is b) or from the aura of the estate itself

Maybe the secret of this little rascal is revealed here in the estate. :squirrel:
Weird theory time again. Mrs. Nibbly could be scared because...
a. She senses something about Rose that isn't obvious to us yet.
b. She senses some kind of magic conflict/danger involved in either her or one of the others being transported though the portal.
c. She's met Rose before and recognizes the Estate because she's been there before, aaand... she wasn't always a squirrel. She was one of the many uhm... unwelcome guests. [EDIT - ninja'd by Candycat]
I think they're less likely than the above, but some other possibilities:
d. She is a transformed dragon hiding from the others (for currently unknown reasons)
e. She was transformed BY a dragon and Reni terrifies her
f. She was transformed by Nora/Trace pre-amnesia and Trace terrifies her (fear of either the transformation or Captain Genocide going all Captain Genocide again)
g. Some combination of the above
Well, I've said from when we first met Mrs. N that she isn't an ordinary wild squirrel... but haven't committed to what else she is, because I don't have a clue. An ordinary lost pet squirrel is one end of the possibility spectrum. And a shapeshifted elder dragon or an avatar of a Mask being more or less the other end.

Clearly she's terrified by something - Trace, Reni, Rose, going through a portal, returning to the estate, dragons in general (not specifically Reni), keidran (not specifically Keith), hyperactive youngsters like Maddie, well-maintained gardens... at this point we don't know what she's afraid of, let alone why.

(Why I immediately thought she isn't an ordinary wild squirrel: she approached and deliberately interacted with a large wolf. To a carnivore of Sythe's size, Mrs. N falls into the category "snack", and squirrels are instinctively aware of this. If she's really a squirrel at all, it would have taken quite a bit of friendly interaction to train her past that instinct, and even then it would likely only be effective for the few specific wolf-keidran who were involved in her training.)

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#48 Post by Hulk10 »

Good point about the predator prey thing. Its a pretty big mystery what she is.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#49 Post by Neptune »

h. She's a squirrel that gets scared by certain things

Well I'm turning in for this investigation
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Candycat
Citizen

#50 Post by Candycat »

I bet Nibbly is a soul without a proper body and is borrowing a squirrel's body because small animals are easy to take control of and is spooked by... something. Just adding a nutty theory to the pile. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#51 Post by Hulk10 »

Or maybe she possesses some form of magic that makes her so intelligent.