Comic for March 15, 2018: Squirreled Away

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

Re: Comic for March 15, 2018: Squirreled Away

#31 Post by ClockworkPanda »

Honestly, there are so many credible Nibbly theories at this point I don't even know what to believe anymore :P

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#32 Post by Hulk10 »

I dunno if I'd go that far as to say most of the theories are credible. But many of them probably are.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by aitaituo »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 am I think she might be a squirrel and as to the idea that she is too smart to be one is ridiculous to me because squirrels are highly intelligent. https://onekindplanet.org/animal/squirrel/
I know a squirrel that thinks that when it can't see me, I can't see it.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#34 Post by Hulk10 »

aitaituo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 am I think she might be a squirrel and as to the idea that she is too smart to be one is ridiculous to me because squirrels are highly intelligent. https://onekindplanet.org/animal/squirrel/
Well I know I'm right. I know animals.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#35 Post by Ddraig »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 pm
The squirrels I've seen are very clever, but have really poor judgement. Fragile, but light enough that they can take any natural fall.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by Hulk10 »

Ddraig wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:42 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 pm
The squirrels I've seen are very clever, but have really poor judgement. Fragile, but light enough that they can take any natural fall.
they might seem like that but they have very quick reflexes I saw in a documentary that they can pop a balloon with their claws and dogde the explosion of water so they don't get wet. I'm not kidding either.

Rafe
Council Member

#37 Post by Rafe »

A dragon using an illusion spell can sometimes be easy to spot:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#38 Post by Hulk10 »

That cat is just too cute.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#39 Post by aitaituo »

Rafe wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 am A dragon using an illusion spell can sometimes be easy to spot:

:mrgrin:

Candycat
Citizen

#40 Post by Candycat »

amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Is it just me, or does this fact about the gatekey not quite jive with its introduction? "You can borrow it for now, though I will need it back!"

Also, this does technically mean that the group could start travelling again, and yet always pop into the estate to eat and sleep and what-not, which would be pretty funny :P
You know I was thinking the same thing. Why bother saying "here you can borrow it but I want it back" when you really mean "Here use this, but you literally cannot take it with you after you use it".

The gatekey also seems rather useless now. Reni says the gatekey is also linked to her own home but the only thing she (or anyone else for that matter) could use it for is for a quick in and out visit home, and it seems anyone can just take the gatekey while you're busy doing whatever at your destination if you're alone. It just seems the gatekey was nerfed into the ground instantly... :keith:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ddraig
Templar Master

#41 Post by Ddraig »

Candycat wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm The gatekey also seems rather useless now. Reni says the gatekey is also linked to her own home but the only thing she (or anyone else for that matter) could use it for is for a quick in and out visit home, and it seems anyone can just take the gatekey while you're busy doing whatever at your destination if you're alone. It just seems the gatekey was nerfed into the ground instantly... :keith:
I wouldn't say it was nerfed into the ground; it's still extremely powerful as long as either:
A) You don't care what happens to the key afterwards (e.g. VIP Escape Plan)
or B) You have someone able to secure the key-end of the portal (Long-distance goods transport, army resupply, scout-team deployment of army)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#42 Post by Neptune »

Rafe wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 am A dragon using an illusion spell can sometimes be easy to spot:

Nah m8, Koichi is just using 3 Freeze on that overhang while the cats sitting on it
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#43 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:48 pm
Candycat wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm The gatekey also seems rather useless now. Reni says the gatekey is also linked to her own home but the only thing she (or anyone else for that matter) could use it for is for a quick in and out visit home, and it seems anyone can just take the gatekey while you're busy doing whatever at your destination if you're alone. It just seems the gatekey was nerfed into the ground instantly... :keith:
I wouldn't say it was nerfed into the ground; it's still extremely powerful as long as either:
or B) You have someone able to secure the key-end of the portal (Long-distance goods transport, army resupply, scout-team deployment of army)
Seems the key went from OP magical trinket. To a simply magic trick the rich and powerfull use to show off at parties. There is probably a more functional version for military or commercial use.
But I imagine it still requires a lot of magic to work. Thus limiting the usefullness.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#44 Post by Hulk10 »

Mrs. Nibbly is too cute.

Kyrit
Templar

#45 Post by Kyrit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 am
Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:48 pm
Seems the key went from OP magical trinket. To a simply magic trick the rich and powerfull use to show off at parties. There is probably a more functional version for military or commercial use.
But I imagine it still requires a lot of magic to work. Thus limiting the usefullness.
Spending some time thinking about it, I actually thought of a way that could still make this a pretty viable, useful item (even if I feel like Tom just nerfed it after seeing a lot of complaints about its power and Reni in general on the forums).

The gate key itself, being a magical artifact, doesn't require the user to supply any mana. Anyone can use it, it won't wear out their reserves, they won't get tired.
You use the gate key itself to get large groups of people to a certain place, which you could do with a waypoint, but more people means more mana, means more energy(or money for those that have to use crystals [Keidran]). You yourself won't be able to go through, at least not if you want to take the key with you, but if it's your estate the magic protecting it shouldn't keep out from teleporting in anyways. So you just wait for everyone to go in, close the gate and take the key, them teleport home. Reni has to take the long way though, since she can't just teleport in to Trace's home (not with the magic protection Nora's given it). Even if the owner can't teleport exactly within their home, they should at least be able to know how close they can teleport without worry.

Highly possible this isn't the case, but I think it's a feasible option for making the gate key still a useful item for those that can obtain one while keeping it from being too strong.