Comic for March 10, 2018: Doorway

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Comic for March 10, 2018: Doorway

#1 Post by steelabjur »

Rose's comment about seeing the outside brings to mind some comments I've seen that mentioned that she might be connected to the estate in some way, like a ghost or a magical prisoner in some way.

yaytime
Apprentice

Re: Comic for March 10, 2018: Doorway

#2 Post by yaytime »

I see Rose is to distracted by the "out side" to notice Karens keidran ears.

EDIT
Since Trace gave her the ears he may of told Rose about it.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#3 Post by Neptune »

Yes, very nice
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by TheMouse »

Heartbreaking, Rose. I really hope she gets a happy ending.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#5 Post by Shockwave07 »

yaytime wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:41 pm I see rose is to distracted by the "out side" to notice Karens keidran ears.
Given how calm she acted seeing the hooded men get "poofed" and added to the livestock, Rose has likely seen some strange things. Ears would likely raise few questions.

Neptune
Master

#6 Post by Neptune »

Isn't Rose magically bound to the estate's borders? If so, why is she peeking out of the gate like that?

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

#7 Post by ClockworkPanda »

"I'll make tea"

Yes, as a fellow tea-addict, I agree. This is the correct response to this situation. :P

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#8 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Ooo....kaay. :?

I was already kinda wondering if there was something going on with Rose. There's nothing overt, nothing one could really point to, but something just feels... odd. I think part of it is how she just pops up suddenly all over the place. Is it just rule-of-funny 'the butler is always right behind you when he's needed', or something else? Does the manor has a teleportation grid or something? It's the only way I could think of for her to just suddenly be there the instant the gate opened - I mean, I doubt she just happened to be hanging out down in the garden right at that particular moment, she ought to have seneschal things to be doing. And now, of course, this line. I kinda discounted the more out-there speculations about her being a ghost bound to the manor or something before, but now I'm starting to wonder.

What have you done to my girl, Trace? :(

NuclearBird
Master

#9 Post by NuclearBird »

Huh. I guess the gate part was more literal than I thought.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Neptune
Master

#10 Post by Neptune »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 pm Ooo....kaay. :?

I was already kinda wondering if there was something going on with Rose. There's nothing overt, nothing one could really point to, but something just feels... odd. I think part of it is how she just pops up suddenly all over the place. Is it just rule-of-funny 'the butler is always right behind you when he's needed', or something else? Does the manor has a teleportation grid or something? It's the only way I could think of for her to just suddenly be there the instant the gate opened - I mean, I doubt she just happened to be hanging out down in the garden right at that particular moment, she ought to have seneschal things to be doing. And now, of course, this line. I kinda discounted the more out-there speculations about her being a ghost bound to the manor or something before, but now I'm starting to wonder.

What have you done to my girl, Trace? :(
There is speculation that Rose is a ghost or made of magic or whatever, but I think she's getting some tea leaves for when Group A would return to the mansion.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Dadrobit »

Unpopular opinion:

I really don't like Reni's position in the comic so far.

Have been mulling that thought over for a long time now, but finally feeling the need to actually bring it up.

Nora was effectively removed from the comic because Tom worried that she was just too powerful a tool for the party. And yet the new dragon delegate to the party appears and has shown herself to be, (in my opinion) just as, if not more powerful in terms of getting [censored] done so far.

Sure, her story is that she's young and inexperienced, but the results of her actions have been a story of success after success through outright deus ex machina. It's like Tom wants to make her not OP by showing her as a young and clumsy juvenile who fails in silly, (but completely and utterly inconsequential) ways, but then he gives her the tools and abilities that just so happen to be exactly what the team needs at that exact moment that they're needed.

Reni just feels like a giant cop-out machine to me.

SomeBody
Citizen

#12 Post by SomeBody »

There's nothing ex-machina about a dragon being able to fly you somewhere. Her showing up wasn't ex-machina, because she showed up long before it was actually meaningful for the group. She's powerful, but that is't automatically an deus ex machina.

Her pulling out the gate key though... that's a storytelling fail. As you say, it basically justifies her having whatever macguffin is handy at the moment.

On a completely different topic...

Why on earth are they still going for... whatever that place's name was? They kinda have a stronghold right here. Trace OWNS this town, and people are, by all appearances, loyal to him. The people who hate him will hate him wherever he is, and anywhere else he has absolutely no resources to protect himself, his wife, and his friends. Heck, the manor alone is probably worth its weight in gold for the magical defense it provides him.

If you want an integrated society, he has the foundation to MAKE one right where he is. Why chase legends?

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#13 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

SomeBody wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 pm On a completely different topic...

Why on earth are they still going for... whatever that place's name was? They kinda have a stronghold right here. Trace OWNS this town, and people are, by all appearances, loyal to him. The people who hate him will hate him wherever he is, and anywhere else he has absolutely no resources to protect himself, his wife, and his friends. Heck, the manor alone is probably worth its weight in gold for the magical defense it provides him.

If you want an integrated society, he has the foundation to MAKE one right where he is. Why chase legends?
That's a very good point.

Meribah
Citizen

#14 Post by Meribah »

Beautiful page, as always!

trantor
Apprentice

#15 Post by trantor »

Neptune wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 pm Isn't Rose magically bound to the estate's borders? If so, why is she peeking out of the gate like that?
I think she can t leave it total (on her feet). Peeking out should be ok. :D