The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tetrahedron
Merchant

Comic for 22.02.2018 Young Dragoness

#1 Post by Tetrahedron »

Sketch:
http://twokindscomic.com/images/20180222_sketch.png

Even the dragon in this comic is way younger than me...
:?

Keith looks like Zen is getting heavier every second. I can understand him. If you ever have tried to carry an unconscious person, not only somebody playing it, you know how heavy they get...

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for February 22, 2018: Young Dragoness

#2 Post by Rafe »

Wow. Flora seems totally amazed that Reni is only 20. I guess Reni isn't even as old as some of the humans in the group.

Also, looks like Reni is involved in "sending back" (by whatever means) at least some of the group. And as some have guessed, Zen is being given some priority, probably due to his injuries. Hope he gets some attention before the "anesthetic" that Raine loaded him up on stops working. Chances are he's going to be in a lot of pain (and probably in shock) when it wears off.

Sorry, Rafe, you just got beat in the race.
--avwolf

Last edited by avwolf on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging duplicate comic posts

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for February 22, 2018: Young Dragoness

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Wait, I thought Natani set up the teleportation waypoint and was capable of teleporting them herself. …Did the whole plan hinge on Reni being able to power said teleportation?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#4 Post by Ddraig »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm Wait, I thought Natani set up the teleportation waypoint and was capable of teleporting them herself. …Did the whole plan hinge on Reni being able to power said teleportation?
Natani needs crystals, and might not have set up a teleport waypoint yet (she was kinda distracted) while Reni wouldn't need crystals and had time to create a waypoint. I imagine Nat could but it's easier for Reni to - or, at least, appears that way to Nat&Co. Reni might not know how to teleport others yet, given her admitted lack of knowledge in the area of magic
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

steelabjur
Council Member

#5 Post by steelabjur »

Oh come on Keith, it isn't the first time you've looked one of the drooling Magi Brothers in the muzzle. :P

Also, Reni is much younger than I thought she's be. No wonder she's so insecure.

amenon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by amenon »

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have guessed anything that low :o But sure, why not!

steelabjur wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm Oh come on Keith, it isn't the first time you've looked one of the drooling Magi Brothers in the muzzle. :P
And it won't be the last :grin:

Ddraig wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm Wait, I thought Natani set up the teleportation waypoint and was capable of teleporting them herself. …Did the whole plan hinge on Reni being able to power said teleportation?
Natani needs crystals, and might not have set up a teleport waypoint yet (she was kinda distracted) while Reni wouldn't need crystals and had time to create a waypoint. I imagine Nat could but it's easier for Reni to - or, at least, appears that way to Nat&Co. Reni might not know how to teleport others yet, given her admitted lack of knowledge in the area of magic
I'm gonna have to assume they actually had a plan coming in, and this isn't going to become an 'Umm, I totally thought you were going to handle this...'

Or at least hope so, anyway :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

NuclearBird
Master

#7 Post by NuclearBird »

1. Is that 20 in human or dragon years?
2. Karen, turn down the weapons grade cuteness.
3. Zen is going to have an interesting awakening.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Candycat
Citizen

#8 Post by Candycat »

Holy crap, Reni is only 20?! That's like... as old as I am. I guess that answers why she's so awkward /kinda insecure. I know how that feels. Reni is now #relatable I kinda love her even more haha! :heart: Also explains why she was super surprised when asked if she had power over Nora.

Although I think Flora might have been right here. For a young dragon like Reni the fastest way to lose your standing among "regular" people is probably to admit to people you're younger than they are. Now I'm just thinking about everything Reni has done with this new context. Makes the whole snooping on Trace's memories even more hilarious. |D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for 22.02.2018 Young Dragoness

#9 Post by Warrl »

Tetrahedron wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 pmKeith looks like Zen is getting heavier every second. I can understand him. If you ever have tried to carry an unconscious person, not only somebody playing it, you know how heavy they get...
Many a parent has wondered how an infant who doesn't weigh 15 pounds can gain 20 pounds simply by falling asleep...

Hayate
The Hidden User

#10 Post by Hayate »

Wow, I honestly expected Reni to be much older than that. I mean, we knew she was young, but I figured young compared to other dragons... Trace is actually older than her...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Kaeto
Citizen

#11 Post by Kaeto »

Maybe the herbs Zen was given also gave him bad breath. ( worse than normal doggy breath that is )
"It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#12 Post by tony1695 »

If an older sketch where baby dragons are shown to be the size of adult cats is accurate, just how much do they eat to grow? Entire herds of cattle?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

#13 Post by Titanium Dragon »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 am If an older sketch where baby dragons are shown to be the size of adult cats is accurate, just how much do they eat to grow? Entire herds of cattle?
One pound is about 3,500 calories. So a one-ton dragon would need to consume about 7 million Calories to attain that size, over and above what they'd need to eat to just survive.

That's not actually *that* crazy; an adult human eats about 1 million Calories per year.

But that's on top of maintenance.

Dragons would eat more than humans because they have greater body mass, but it depends on their energy requirements. According to Sea World, a polar bear need about 2 kg of fat per day to survive (or about 4.4 pounds - roughly 15,000 Calories, or 4-6 times as much as humans eat). They weigh about half a ton. An adult male African elephant might eat as much as 70,000 calories per day, and weighs as much as 7 tons. Note that the larger a warm-blooded animal is, the less food it needs relative to its body mass due to not needing to generate body heat. Thus, a 1 ton dragon might be expected to eat somewhere in the range of 20-30,000 calories a day. I'd probably lean towards 30,000, as they have big brains and magic and fire and fly and such, so they probably are on the higher end of things. That's about 12x as much as sedentary adult human males are supposed to eat (or 8x as much as the average American :V).

But still, while that's a considerable amount of food, it isn't actually all that insane. That's about 3 families worth of food, which is not inconsiderable, but isn't a ridiculous amount, either.

That said, a whole herd of cattle isn't really that far off. A cow has about 660,000 calories in it; a human eats about a cow and a half per year worth of calories, so a one-ton dragon would eat about 15 cows worth of calories per year, assuming they ate nothing but cow.

Candycat
Citizen

#14 Post by Candycat »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 am
tony1695 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 am If an older sketch where baby dragons are shown to be the size of adult cats is accurate, just how much do they eat to grow? Entire herds of cattle?
One pound is about 3,500 calories. So a one-ton dragon would need to consume about 7 million Calories to attain that size, over and above what they'd need to eat to just survive.

That's not actually *that* crazy; an adult human eats about 1 million Calories per year.

But that's on top of maintenance.

Dragons would eat more than humans because they have greater body mass, but it depends on their energy requirements. According to Sea World, a polar bear need about 2 kg of fat per day to survive (or about 4.4 pounds - roughly 15,000 Calories, or 4-6 times as much as humans eat). They weigh about half a ton. An adult male African elephant might eat as much as 70,000 calories per day, and weighs as much as 7 tons. Note that the larger a warm-blooded animal is, the less food it needs relative to its body mass due to not needing to generate body heat. Thus, a 1 ton dragon might be expected to eat somewhere in the range of 20-30,000 calories a day. I'd probably lean towards 30,000, as they have big brains and magic and fire and fly and such, so they probably are on the higher end of things. That's about 12x as much as sedentary adult human males are supposed to eat (or 8x as much as the average American :V).

But still, while that's a considerable amount of food, it isn't actually all that insane. That's about 3 families worth of food, which is not inconsiderable, but isn't a ridiculous amount, either.

That said, a whole herd of cattle isn't really that far off. A cow has about 660,000 calories in it; a human eats about a cow and a half per year worth of calories, so a one-ton dragon would eat about 15 cows worth of calories per year, assuming they ate nothing but cow.
Luckily for Reni, there's an ocean nearby. So eating large fish/large amounts of fish is also an option, could even be for free if she caught food herself. I mean consider a tuna fish. Tunas are huge! Of course she's human(???) royalty so she probably doesn't need to worry about paying for her meals. But also, we saw her eating breakfast at Trace's manor and food didn't seem to be a huge concern
ImageImage
ImageImage

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15 Post by Neutral Smith »

It's a pity that Trace is not in his thirties...

That would have been a very interesting puberty...

"So you are thirteen? That's an adult if you were a Keidran." some perverted female dragon

Or someone is lying about her age.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.