The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for February 8, 2018: The Pecking Order

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch

Trace, Trace, Trace - you are still not convinced you are someone special :wink:

Love how Karen gets thrown off her back and how she talks about Nora - it's just cute seeing her in this situation: being seen as something big by everyone but really just wanting to be someone normal in some way - she is still a teenager (in dragon years) :)
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Deaththekat
Merchant

Re: Comic for February 8, 2018: The Pecking Order

#2 Post by Deaththekat »

Is it just me or did she use Noras name as a "swear".

"Merciful Nora!"
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

#3 Post by Titanium Dragon »

Not too surprised here.

I suspect that Nora finds Trace cute, and has something of a crush on him, which is likely why he has such a different impression of her.

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

#4 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Sounds like Nora really does give Trace the special treatment. Although, a dragon finding a human cute isn't a surprise. Reni did think Kei was cute. :P Nora just has the sense not to accidentally or purposefully say it aloud.
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

NuclearBird
Master

#5 Post by NuclearBird »

Oh Trace, when will you understand that you're far more important than you think?
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

trantor
Apprentice

#6 Post by trantor »

"Don't tell her that I said that!" :mrgreen: - or I she send on the naughty stool for a month :nora: :heart:

Xale
Traveler

#7 Post by Xale »

Hm, almost makes her sound like a mother of all dragons. Which really raises questions of what her intent with Trace is/was.

So many possibilities beyond what we've simply seen at face.

JayJayForce
Citizen

#8 Post by JayJayForce »

Hmm, that's pretty much what I was expecting. Though admittedly Nora seems even more high up than I was thinking. By the sounds of it, she might be the eldest, or even the first of the dragons. Like a less emo Alduin :mrgrin:

Though is it wrong that after every page I like Reni even more? If I could meet any character from TwoKinds in real life, it would be her. I'd just want to chat about her life, maybe go flying around the country side. Show her all the things humans have invented in this world. She just seems like such an interesting person to talk too.

Yes, I know that sounds like I want to ask her out on a date, because that's exactly what I want to do. :oops: :heart:

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#9 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Like I previously said, Nora is her own kind of dragon. :nora:

Also, I believe in the second panel that the wording should be "...or most other dragons for that matter."
Videre videnda.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by BadJoke »

So she's basically a living god with the temper of a teenager (at best)... What could possibly go wron- for what we've seen, everything actually. :|

Also, the tower's explosion who put her to sleep... does it means that the templars have in their hands a toll strong enough to put down the most powerful being of their world?! That's some nuke they got here.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm not sure if I should continue holding onto my moronic ‘Vampire: the Masquerade’ inspired theory/transformation interest or not.

I mean, Reni is vague enough that I could continue believing that Nora was one of the first actual Dragons (if not the first) and that all other Dragons after her are Humans/Basitins/Keidran/etc. which she turned into Dragons because she thought they were worthy of such power/turned by others who were previously turned by her for the same reason, but I feel this is most likely just a normal family tree.

BadJoke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 pmSo she's basically a living god with the temper of a teenager (at best)... What could possibly go wron- for what we've seen, everything actually. :|
I don't know what to add to that, but I agree.

BadJoke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 pmAlso, the tower's explosion who put her to sleep... does it means that the templars have in their hands a toll strong enough to put down the most powerful being of their world?! That's some nuke they got here.
Taking out a Dragon most likely wasn't the original plan, but does anyone think that they might refine their accident? That is, if they know what they did. For all they might know, Nora showed up, took Trace, and then went off to do something else far away.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SomeBody
Citizen

#12 Post by SomeBody »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 pm I'm not sure if I should continue holding onto my moronic ‘Vampire: the Masquerade’ inspired theory/transformation interest or not.
I mean... Reni just said that virtually all dragons seem to trace their heritage to her. The idea that she was the first, and made the rest (by magic or more... enthusiastic... means) would play into that just fine.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#13 Post by tony1695 »

SomeBody wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 am
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 pm I'm not sure if I should continue holding onto my moronic ‘Vampire: the Masquerade’ inspired theory/transformation interest or not.
I mean... Reni just said that virtually all dragons seem to trace their heritage to her. The idea that she was the first, and made the rest (by magic or more... enthusiastic... means) would play into that just fine.
I have the theory that the dragons of Twokinds are like the Asari, members of a single-gender species that need to *ahem* with mortal races to increase their numbers.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

themunck
Traveler

#14 Post by themunck »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 pm I suspect that Nora finds Trace cute, and has something of a crush on him, which is likely why he has such a different impression of her.
Well...let's go over the evidence. When asked if she knew Trace personally, she blushes and says "Quite...Personally. Followed by a another blush, along with a mention that he "Makes my scales shiver" when Trace shows off his magical strength. And we know that she finds watching Trace and Flora having sex to be entertaining. A sentiment which does not seem t be shared by all dragons

...yeah, I am reasonably sure that Nora not only has a crush on Trace, but probably has acted on it at least once. However, given the utter lack of jealousy towards either Flora or Saira (indeed, Nora seemed quite happy to try and help Trace woo Saira), whatever is going between them probably hasn't been a standard monogamous relationship.

Candycat
Citizen

#15 Post by Candycat »

BadJoke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 pm So she's basically a living god with the temper of a teenager (at best)... What could possibly go wron- for what we've seen, everything actually. :|

Also, the tower's explosion who put her to sleep... does it means that the templars have in their hands a toll strong enough to put down the most powerful being of their world?! That's some nuke they got here.
I don't know, wouldn't it be kinda boring trying to be all regal and "wise" all the time? Especially when you only get stronger with time? I mean there are plenty of old people irl who still do typically young people stuff. (Except of course they do it with way less stupid involved) Old people just don't care.

I also agree that it does seem the Templar have a away to deal with the most powerful beings of their world. I don't think we've seen anything more powerful than Nora except maybe the Masks. But the Templar would have to use dark magic to trigger the chain reaction, and then of course there are major drawbacks—for instance, the tower has to explode, all the magic in a rather wide area gets wiped out for a long while, and of course there's a big explosion, and it seems rather expensive. The only use I see for this would be as a trap. A very expensive trap that would need the backing of someone powerful in order to be built.

Maybe a smaller version could be conceived, something similar to a hand grenade, but then there's the question of would that even be enough to incapacitate a dragon like Nora? I'd say no, considering Nora was still able to carry Trace off a considerable distance before absolutely needing to rest, despite the magic nuke.

Anyways... this probably has to be my favorite page. It's got lots of adorkable Reni, a cute dragon family tree, and an epic shot of Nora. That's my bread and butter here! :heart:
ImageImage
ImageImage