What are Basitins are based off?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

What are Basitins are based off?

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ok it is pretty obvious Keidran are based on common animals. Wolves, tigers, foxes etc.
But what are Basitians (Basidians ?) supposed to be?

When Keith was first introduced i thougth he looked like a rondent, maybe a mouse. Now that the comic has much more detail i amp retty sure that is not true. So what are they?

One idea i had was they were somehow rabbits. But a powerfull, proud and mighty race of bunny warriors really makes no sense.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: What are Basitins are based off?

#2 Post by avwolf »

Basitins aren't really based on anything. They're just a made up species. Cats and rabbits were used to inspire certain elements, but that was way back in the very beginning, before really anything about the Basitins other than "Keith is one" was set in stone.
Here's Tom's comment from when it came up last:
Tom wrote:They are a made up species, you don't have to pretend. Rabbits and cats were inspirations a long time ago, but it has nothing to do with what they are now.

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

As far as "what species" is concerned, my favorite take I've heard was 49% cat, 49% rabbit, 2% goat (chin tuft) :grin:

Have some redundant sourcing. (I remembered that having more, but I dug it up anyway so have it for completeness!)

And an aside to avwolf re: his source; what do you have against cabbits, and do I need to stage an intervention? :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 amAnd an aside to avwolf re: his source; what do you have against cabbits, and do I need to stage an intervention? :P
Eight years is a mighty long time to wait for someone to stage an intervention. :P

Of course, it's probably closer to nine or ten since I watched any Tenchi Muyo... I don't recall all the aspects of my reaction. Probably the usual sort of irritation at the way animal mascot characters are done in a lot of anime. Possibly also associated with memories of some truly terrible self-insertion fanfiction I'd read involving Ryo-ohki. Keith is just so darn dignified. :P Not at all just the party's mascot who all the humorous and terrible things happen to. I've proven I can pretend things so hard they can become real, you know.

I don't know what kind of intervention you had in mind to convince to stop worrying and start loving the cabbit, but it's probably best reserved for PMs. ;)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

avwolf wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 am Basitins aren't really based on anything. They're just a made up species. Cats and rabbits were used to inspire certain elements, but that was way back in the very beginning, before really anything about the Basitins other than "Keith is one" was set in stone.
Here's Tom's comment from when it came up last:
Tom wrote:They are a made up species, you don't have to pretend. Rabbits and cats were inspirations a long time ago, but it has nothing to do with what they are now.
That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks for the response.
Also it is quite uncommon to see "made up" species on this type of art. (At least to my knwoledge) most artist stick with common stuff.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

They seem fairly dog or cat like to me.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.