Orchard Valley

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Orchard Valley

#1 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm worried that the Templar will discover Orchard Valley and destroy it.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Orchard Valley

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

You know what would be a particularly cruel twist?

The place exists, members of every race live there, but the land is one and a half steps away from civil war because of the disparate cultural baggage each group brings with themselves doesn't play ball with others. It would be saddening, but also a great setup for an interesting story arc to say the least.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#3 Post by Hulk10 »

Your right. What you say is unfortunate but right.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by SpottedKitty »

Hold on... I'm trying to remember back a good few chapters. Didn't Raine say (I think not long after she joined Group B) she and her mother lived there for a while? I think she would have mentioned something about it being on the verge of collapse instead of saying it was a good place to find refuge.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am no fortune-teller.
But I am sure at one point something similar will happend. Perhaps not destroyed but found and draged into the teeny-tiny war that is going on.
At least to give Trace a reason to try to stop the conflict and not simply stay there with Flora untill eveeryone else killed each other.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

NuclearBird
Master

#6 Post by NuclearBird »

Like I said, it's a nice idea. Key word being IDEA. It's just speculation. We'll have to wait what Tom comes up with.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Hulk10 »

True enough.

Qwe304
Citizen

#8 Post by Qwe304 »

i feel the same way, I highly doubt that the story will end in lyn'knoll.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

As you said all we are doing here is merely speculation. But since it is fun i will elaborate a little on my ideas.

All stories need conflict, when the conflict is resolved the story usually ends or finds another conflict. So lets assume the story has to progress after Lyn'knoll. Maybe not, maybe Tom will get bored by that point and decide to end there, who knows?
But if that is not the case we need another conflict. If Trace and Flora are safe there, there is no reason for anything else to happen. They can simply stay in the valley protected from the war until the conflict ends.
But if the valley is discovered, for example, if the templars follow Trace, he is very bad being inconspicuous, being the former grand templar and having and ever growing entourage. The place is no longer safe from total eradication by humans.
Also lets not forget that the war is mostly Trace's fault andI think flora would rather try to stop the war than simply let her people die.
Now that they have a reason the story can shift from the two main protagonist eloping somewhere safe. To actually try to avoid everyone else kill each other in the war.
As i said those are my 2 cents in this. Do i belive this will happen? Unlikely but i like the theory :mrgreen:
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by avwolf »

Once, long ago, there was a set of comic panels (they no longer exist, but existed when I first read the comic, so none of this is canon any longer and I have no way to source it), in which there was an aside that made it clear that the story of Twokinds is being told by Trace, around a fire, to those who were fighting beside him to protect Lyn'knoll from a Templar army. That is almost certainly not true of the comic as it stands, but I still expect there to be something of that at the end. I expect Trace to gather a fighting force to stand against the Templar and I expect him to act to stop his own plots. The Final Tower will be nearly complete, and only at the last moment will everyone together be able to stop Trace's doomsday device from eradicating the Keidran as near to completely as he could manage (if he and the others hadn't just wrecked the tower on the Basidian Isles, it'd probably kill all of them too).

I've long come to believe that the Master Spy has been helping Trace and Flora along their way to Lyn'knoll with one specific thing in mind. He wants Trace to lead him to the Orchard Valley -- which the Templar have not yet been able to find -- in order to destroy it completely. Perhaps he feels that will be the perfect spot to "construct" the Final Tower and end it. From a storytelling perspective, I feel like it's a strong contender.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:55 pm As you said all we are doing here is merely speculation. But since it is fun i will elaborate a little on my ideas.

All stories need conflict, when the conflict is resolved the story usually ends or finds another conflict. So lets assume the story has to progress after Lyn'knoll. Maybe not, maybe Tom will get bored by that point and decide to end there, who knows?
But if that is not the case we need another conflict. If Trace and Flora are safe there, there is no reason for anything else to happen. They can simply stay in the valley protected from the war until the conflict ends.
But if the valley is discovered, for example, if the templars follow Trace, he is very bad being inconspicuous, being the former grand templar and having and ever growing entourage. The place is no longer safe from total eradication by humans.
Also lets not forget that the war is mostly Trace's fault andI think flora would rather try to stop the war than simply let her people die.
Now that they have a reason the story can shift from the two main protagonist eloping somewhere safe. To actually try to avoid everyone else kill each other in the war.
As i said those are my 2 cents in this. Do i belive this will happen? Unlikely but i like the theory :mrgreen:
Actually I think that the war was beginning before Trace became grand Templar.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am Actually I think that the war was beginning before Trace became grand Templar.
If i am not mistaken. "A" was already happened. and since then realations between humans and non-humans were strained. But the whole rotuing Keidran from the planet. That was Trace´s idea. And the war a means to that end.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

amenon
Grand Templar

#13 Post by amenon »

avwolf wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 am Once, long ago, there was a set of comic panels (they no longer exist, but existed when I first read the comic, so none of this is canon any longer and I have no way to source it), in which there was an aside that made it clear that the story of Twokinds is being told by Trace, around a fire, to those who were fighting beside him to protect Lyn'knoll from a Templar army.
You seem to me to be describing this, within the bounds of the fallibility of human memory. (Discussion thread here; very amusing in many ways. The more things change...)

avwolf wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 amThat is almost certainly not true of the comic as it stands, but I still expect there to be something of that at the end. I expect Trace to gather a fighting force to stand against the Templar and I expect him to act to stop his own plots. The Final Tower will be nearly complete, and only at the last moment will everyone together be able to stop Trace's doomsday device from eradicating the Keidran as near to completely as he could manage (if he and the others hadn't just wrecked the tower on the Basidian Isles, it'd probably kill all of them too).
I expect something more metaphysical than massed combat -- not least because who wants to draw that? :P -- but it's a very true thing that one way or another, Trace is going to have to atone for all he's done. Killing the gods might be enough for something like absolution.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:35 pm
avwolf wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 am Once, long ago, there was a set of comic panels (they no longer exist, but existed when I first read the comic, so none of this is canon any longer and I have no way to source it), in which there was an aside that made it clear that the story of Twokinds is being told by Trace, around a fire, to those who were fighting beside him to protect Lyn'knoll from a Templar army.
You seem to me to be describing this, within the bounds of the fallibility of human memory. (Discussion thread here; very amusing in many ways. The more things change...)
That could be it. It's not exactly what my memory serves up, but, as you say, it's within the bounds of the fallibility of human memory. I remember more of the fire and don't remember Trace staring at the city, but that could easily be an invention of memory. Thank you for dredging that up.
amenon wrote:I expect something more metaphysical than massed combat -- not least because who wants to draw that? :P -- but it's a very true thing that one way or another, Trace is going to have to atone for all he's done. Killing the gods might be enough for something like absolution.
A fair point. I still expect something of a massed combat, just because it helps wrap up the story threads surrounding the Templar, but probably not featuring very many of the primary protagonists and portrayed fairly loosely. The main focus of the comic will be, as you say, more metaphysical. The battle is a backdrop and can be...more abstracted and less detailed.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 am
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am Actually I think that the war was beginning before Trace became grand Templar.
If i am not mistaken. "A" was already happened. and since then realations between humans and non-humans were strained. But the whole rotuing Keidran from the planet. That was Trace´s idea. And the war a means to that end.
But wasn't Saria murdered by wolf keidran that seemed like an act of war.