The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

Re: Comic for January 28, 2018: Dragon Hierarchy

#31 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Spoiler!
Reni did say she isn't nobility.
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by avwolf »

A thought is that the "Royal Dragons" could be associated in some fashion with the Human nobility, and as a result are accorded noble status among Humans. That would not bear much meaning for other dragons, nor would it actually impart nobility on them, but Humans would react to them with a degree of outsized deference. That may well be more true now than ever: If Reni is associated with the Human royalty, she might be of greater symbolic importance to Humans since the Keidran were allowed to assassinate the Human King. Reni would then still be a symbol of Human strength and resilience; an emblem of the power of the crown, in spite of the King's death.
Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 amAnd with each appearance, Reni continues to lose whatever dignity she had and turn into a straight up joke character.
There does seem to be no happy medium for dragons. To avoid another story-wrecking, deus ex machina meddler, Tom ran in the opposite direction to turn the dragon in the story into the wacky comic relief. Unfortunate, though I think I prefer comic relief over the god machine.

amenon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by amenon »

avwolf wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 pm
Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 amAnd with each appearance, Reni continues to lose whatever dignity she had and turn into a straight up joke character.
There does seem to be no happy medium for dragons. To avoid another story-wrecking, deus ex machina meddler, Tom ran in the opposite direction to turn the dragon in the story into the wacky comic relief. Unfortunate, though I think I prefer comic relief over the god machine.
Let us not forget how Reni's entrance turned out :grin:

Seraphina's geek-out there does also contain some information, calling Reni the Royal Dragon.

I suspect it's something in line with avwolf's thoughts above, that she's essentially something the human royalty has -- in one sense or another -- adopted to work the whole humanity/dragons/strength angle. After all, their flag is a dragon, and that does not feel like a coincidence.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Warrl »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 am And with each appearance, Reni continues to lose whatever dignity she had and turn into a straight up joke character.
Now I'm just waiting for one of the main cast to catch her drinking out of the toilet in a future page.
I disagree. I think Reni continues to be exactly what she has been from her first appearance. However, what she has been is not what the humans around her have tried to treat her as being.

Seriously, I think she's in her awkward early-teenage years (whatever chronological age that might amount to, in the dragons' maturation process), and most of the humans and keidran around her expect her to be a wise and majestic being.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#35 Post by SpottedKitty »

Warrl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:06 pm and most of the humans and keidran around her expect her to be a wise and majestic being.
Until the first time they catch her drinking noisily out of a fountain, mentally broadcasting her shipping forecast, before her first morning coffee, etc... :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#36 Post by Cosmacelf »

Warrl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:06 pm
Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 am And with each appearance, Reni continues to lose whatever dignity she had and turn into a straight up joke character.
Now I'm just waiting for one of the main cast to catch her drinking out of the toilet in a future page.
I disagree. I think Reni continues to be exactly what she has been from her first appearance. However, what she has been is not what the humans around her have tried to treat her as being.

Seriously, I think she's in her awkward early-teenage years (whatever chronological age that might amount to, in the dragons' maturation process), and most of the humans and keidran around her expect her to be a wise and majestic being.
I agree. Lady Nora did refer to Reni as "young one" and I don't think that was a relative age (compared to Lady Nora's elder status), but more of an absolute age. Ie. Among Dragons, Reni is considered young. Awkward teenager, or young adult is about right.

Candycat
Citizen

#37 Post by Candycat »

I think the comic is due for a Tom cameo...

*and then Tom was pelted with rocks
ImageImage
ImageImage

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#38 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Candycat wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 am Nora as Reni's mom would be so adorable I would die
Well most people that gravitates to Traces seems to be related one way or another. Laura meet Trace, albeit briefly, before meeting Keith. Sythe is Flora´s ex, Natani And Zen were meant to kill/capture him at some point. And Raine is the daugther of Trace former boss, before he kicked out of ther order.
So i would not discard that idea.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Leomon2004

#39 Post by Leomon2004 »

I burst out laughing at Reni's spit-take combined with Sythe's annoyed glare. :sythe: