what gender natani is supposed to be?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yttrium
Banned
Banned

what gender natani is supposed to be?

#1 Post by Yttrium »

natani in the comic keeps switching geners. i dont know what would be the correct way to call they. Is it oficialy he or a she? what about zen?

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: what gender natani is supposed to be?

#2 Post by Warrl »

Natani is physically female. His gender has been male through most of the comic, and I'd currently class him as predominantly-male fluid - while acknowledging that there is room for disagreement (not debate - we did that, I don't think anyone changed their opinion, and it decreased the civility level of the board considerably for a while so please let's not do it again).

This is somewhat colored by the fact that he's a member of the wolves' Assassins Guild, which is strictly male. If the Guild were to learn that he's physically female, they would make a point of killing him AND any other member knowingly involved in the deception - i.e. Zen. This is a very good reason why Natani would choose to present as male even if he might prefer otherwise.

I don't see any ambiguity about Zen's sex or gender. He's male. He has rather more of an understanding of what it means to be female than is typical of males, but that's an expected effect of the link; we have no reason to think it's a part of his basic nature.

Note: the above are my opinions and worth exactly what you paid for them. I do not intend to defend them here, or to argue against any differing opinions. In the past people doing such things have gotten threads locked, and if I remember right gotten one or two people banned. Please let's not.

Soulking

Re: what gender natani is supposed to be?

#3 Post by Soulking »

So possible theory here, I get this based on the fact the comic seems to hint at it... Natani spent so much time relating strength to being a man. Obvious mix of brute strength instead of willpower and dexterity and dedication. She is so afraid of the typical idea of being a women being weak (obvious misnomer) that if she is seen as who she really is she will lose the ability of intimidation which is key to an assassin. Also to the fact that she talks about her mind being damaged with her soul after that attack that when her brother filled in the gaps she also took those masculine qualities. She talks about how she liked the feeling. It seems to be connected back to strength through man looking. It seems when she can understand that you can be both feminine and strong (wonder women) she will accept fully who she is and give Keith the relationship they both OBVIOUSLY want.