Comic for January 18, 2018: Mind Trip

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for January 18, 2018: Mind Trip

#16 Post by D3ADKi113R »

avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm
Schrodinger wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pmBut they don't have to teleport inside the mansion at all, just to the front door with Trace in tow. That being said, Natani hasn't been shown to have any of that information. But then what does "I hope" mean?
If we presume that Natani is speaking of teleportation, then I would guess that it's a matter of magic and headcount. Keep in mind that when Natani took five people from the Basidian inn to the Na'rella (that's five including Natani), Nat had "never done this many people before." We're talking about twice that many people this time. I think a bit of apprehension would be appropriate. I don't know for certain how many mana stones Natani has left, or what capacity they're operating at either -- it's quite possible that Natani's also expressing doubt at having enough available mana to move this many bodies.
Perhaps Natani is only going to take a few people and leave the rest to fly back? We might be seeing a split crew again.
Where to find me:
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/d3adki113r/
Discord: SnowyLoli#4512 (let me know you're from the forums!)

Aurora
Citizen

#17 Post by Aurora »

LOL!!! Is he high!? Heh. Zen is high, isn't he -- and Natani is feeling it. :P

amenon
Grand Templar

#18 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm
Dadrobit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pmAlso, that crow in the last panel. Perhaps a certain Seer's daughter is watching?
Very good point, it makes sense the seer(s) keep watch over all to respond accordingly to the various factions. How else would he have known them to be "inconsequential" so quickly?
Hmm, not sure what to make of this one. I mean, yeah, almost for sure a spy bird; it's just that it could be for the Seer, or the Keidran. (We may have seen them use birds before, by inference. [And of course, then it could be the party that dispatched Zen, or it could be Clovis/Carver/etc.])

I'm also still thinking that Nibbly is a spy for one or the other. (Though the self-resurrection is a confounding fact. But if Dadrobit is right that that was Raine acting unconsciously, then Nibbly could still be a spy-critter. And I guess it doesn't straight-up rule it out either way; if you do have a spy-critter, it would be pretty useful if it wasn't easily eliminated. But... *shrug*)

Anyhoo, if Nibbly is a spy, then that would make it less likely for this to be a spy for the same side. Except, of course, if the apparent death/revival broke that magic, and required another to be dispatched...

So yeah, like I said, not sure what to make of this one :P

CrRAR wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm As of now I'm just sitting here reveling in the idea that Keith and Raine now have the common topic of herbal medicine to discuss!
Don't forget Zen!

avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm I admit to some disappointment that we don't get a "Look which one of us is naked this time" gag before Zen passes out. It would only be a right and proper ribbing considering the running joke regarding Natani.
So right, in fact, that it already happened :P

avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pmYeah, I find it difficult to imagine that Trace's manse would permit teleportation originating from anyone except Trace himself working properly. The place is pretty much a fey demense, what with the immortal Keidran servant, the summoning larder, and the whole "get transformed and teleported elsewhere when you cross the threshold without invitation." If they're very lucky, I think they'll be back to, as Oglaf put it, "walk'o'clock." (I'd link it, because that page is safe but for strong language, but you know, Oglaf is probably a bit too NSFW in general for that to be advisable.) If Natani et al. maintain their general rates of fortune, life could easily become even more complicated.
My feeling is that they're probably fine on that front. I doubt magically entering is treated differently than just plain entering, because if the spell is active over the whole dwelling, it would seem to me that it would already take care of the problem. So why do more?

Though, now that I think about it more, being teleportation-proof would be incredibly prudent in general. And of course, since the defense system has been established, it does definitely loom...
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#19 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:26 pm
avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pmI admit to some disappointment that we don't get a "Look which one of us is naked this time" gag before Zen passes out. It would only be a right and proper ribbing considering the running joke regarding Natani.
So right, in fact, that it already happened :P
Fair enough. I'm still surprised it didn't happen again. "By the Masks, Zen! It's been days and you're still naked. At least I manage to get clothes back on before the nudity happens to me again."

amenon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by amenon »

avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pmFair enough. I'm still surprised it didn't happen again. "By the Masks, Zen! It's been days and you're still naked. At least I manage to get clothes back on before the nudity happens to me again."
He would just say something about strutting his stuff. It'd be a crime to hide his candle under a bushel, and all that :P

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#21 Post by CrRAR »

CrRAR wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm
Dadrobit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pmAlso, that crow in the last panel. Perhaps a certain Seer's daughter is watching?
Very good point, it makes sense the seer(s) keep watch over all to respond accordingly to the various factions. How else would he have known them to be "inconsequential" so quickly?
Hmm, not sure what to make of this one. I mean, yeah, almost for sure a spy bird; it's just that it could be for the Seer, or the Keidran. (We may have seen them use birds before, by inference. [And of course, then it could be the party that dispatched Zen, or it could be Clovis/Carver/etc.])

I'm also still thinking that Nibbly is a spy for one or the other. (Though the self-resurrection is a confounding fact. But if Dadrobit is right that that was Raine acting unconsciously, then Nibbly could still be a spy-critter. And I guess it doesn't straight-up rule it out either way; if you do have a spy-critter, it would be pretty useful if it wasn't easily eliminated. But... *shrug*)

Anyhoo, if Nibbly is a spy, then that would make it less likely for this to be a spy for the same side. Except, of course, if the apparent death/revival broke that magic, and required another to be dispatched...

So yeah, like I said, not sure what to make of this one :P
Yeah... I think the important takeaway here is that despite at the time being "inconsequential", the knowledge was so quickly recalled that I think indicates a watchful eye has recently been trained on the group... or he's literally just THAT omnipotent. In either case it's possible that the sudden... erm... additions to Group B could bring attention back to them? It only makes sense that they would be followed considering they're a group of Trace's former estranged friends roaming the countryside. XD

I just wonder how much of a surprise Trace's appearance at Shepherd's Square really was... if that was a surprise to EVERYONE the heat may follow him now whereever he goes~

CrRAR wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm As of now I'm just sitting here reveling in the idea that Keith and Raine now have the common topic of herbal medicine to discuss!
Don't forget Zen!
Yes, yes! Though his conversations in his current state are likely to be muddled with slurs, hoooohaaaaaa~'s and half pro-nunciated words. Think... like... an elated Boomhauer.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#22 Post by Neptune »

"Oh yeah, sorry that I almost stabbed you to death and killed your sister"

That conversation is gonna be awkward.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by aitaituo »

CrRAR wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 am Yeah... I think the important takeaway here is that despite at the time being "inconsequential", the knowledge was so quickly recalled that I think indicates a watchful eye has recently been trained on the group... or he's literally just THAT omnipotent. In either case it's possible that the sudden... erm... additions to Group B could bring attention back to them? It only makes sense that they would be followed considering they're a group of Trace's former estranged friends roaming the countryside. XD
Probably overthinking it. Reni flying out of town has got to be hard to miss and I assume Master Seer is at least looking out his own window all of the time.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#24 Post by Hayate »

"Herbs"... Bad Raine, drugs are bad. First she gets Zen and now Natani is getting some second hand peer pressure.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#25 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm I admit to some disappointment that we don't get a "Look which one of us is naked this time" gag before Zen passes out. It would only be a right and proper ribbing considering the running joke regarding Natani.
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am She set a waypoint back to the Manor? Why do I see that going horribly wrong somehow? [cough]Natani being somewhat impaired now/The Fly/the Manor's defenses.[/cough]
Yeah, I find it difficult to imagine that Trace's manse would permit teleportation originating from anyone except Trace himself working properly. The place is pretty much a fey demense, what with the immortal Keidran servant, the summoning larder, and the whole "get transformed and teleported elsewhere when you cross the threshold without invitation." If they're very lucky, I think they'll be back to, as Oglaf put it, "walk'o'clock." (I'd link it, because that page is safe but for strong language, but you know, Oglaf is probably a bit too NSFW in general for that to be advisable.) If Natani et al. maintain their general rates of fortune, life could easily become even more complicated.
One thing occurred to me. Princess Reni specifically asked for permission to enter the Legacy estate.
It seemed like she was being very polite, but now I'm not so sure. It's probably been suggested before, but I'm guessing that Reni was fully aware of the wards Nora set in place. It's possible that Reni and Natani could have set a waypoint just outside the manor to avoid triggering any defenses.

Or more amusingly, they didn't, but there's a different ward in place to shunt anyone trying to teleport in to some random location.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

#26 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Schrodinger wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:02 amOne thing occurred to me. Princess Reni specifically asked for permission to enter the Legacy estate.
It seemed like she was being very polite, but now I'm not so sure. It's probably been suggested before, but I'm guessing that Reni was fully aware of the wards Nora set in place. It's possible that Reni and Natani could have set a waypoint just outside the manor to avoid triggering any defenses.

Or more amusingly, they didn't, but there's a different ward in place to shunt anyone trying to teleport in to some random location.
As far as we've seen, nobody in the party except Reni knows about that downside. Tom might have been showing us as a means of foreshadowing. :redhair:
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#27 Post by ZeroJinKui »

i love keith's constant concern for natani... best couple! |D

also love that zen was high as a kite and natani got a dose of that. :mrgreen:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#28 Post by Foxx Trotter »

No NyQuil needed here, I see. :mrgrin:
Videre videnda.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#29 Post by Schrodinger »

FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:16 pm
Schrodinger wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:02 amOne thing occurred to me. Princess Reni specifically asked for permission to enter the Legacy estate.

As far as we've seen, nobody in the party except Reni knows about that downside. Tom might have been showing us as a means of foreshadowing. :redhair:
Considering the very next page has Rose allude to the wards, yes it's very much foreshadowing.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#30 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 am I just wonder how much of a surprise Trace's appearance at Shepherd's Square really was... if that was a surprise to EVERYONE the heat may follow him now whereever he goes~
Well, it sure wasn't a surprise to Sirus, or the Seer. (Though he comes across as such a blowhard that I think he'd say the exact same thing even if he'd had no idea :P) By implication, Euchre probably also knows. I wonder if they're all on the same side?

Really, I think the general assumption at this point is that everyone knows what groups A and B are doing, except groups A and B themselves :P