Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for January 18, 2018: Mind Trip

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch of this page

And here we see the negative sides of this mind link :mrgreen:
I like this page just for the fact that Tom just got the humor spot on - Keith panicking, Natani getting overwhelmed (and not wanting to get on another dragon ride), Zen getting knocked out and Raine just standing there and trying to do the right thing.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

Re: Comic for January 18, 2018: Mind Trip

#2 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Wheres the Afroman song at when you need it? When i get high🎶 when i get high🎶

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

She set a waypoint back to the Manor? Why do I see that going horribly wrong somehow? [cough]Natani being somewhat impaired now/The Fly/the Manor's defenses.[/cough]
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

#4 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Loool Natani and Zen on drugs.

Also, if Zen was unconscious, how did Raine manage to get him to eat herbs?
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

NuclearBird
Master

#5 Post by NuclearBird »

FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am Loool Natani and Zen on drugs.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get an unconscious person to swallow.

Okay, that sounded a lot less disturbing in my head.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Dadrobit »

NiWo21k wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am
And here we see the negative sides of this mind link :mrgreen:
I believe "negative" is probably a matter of opinion. :mrgrin:

Also, that crow in the last panel. Perhaps a certain Seer's daughter is watching?

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#7 Post by NiWo21k »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm I believe "negative" is probably a matter of opinion. :mrgrin:
At least they can save a lot of gold with this :mrgrin:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by D3ADKi113R »

I almost feel bad for Keith, this is becoming the new the norm
Where to find me:
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/d3adki113r/
Discord: SnowyLoli#4512 (let me know you're from the forums!)

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pmAlso, that crow in the last panel. Perhaps a certain Seer's daughter is watching?
Very good point, it makes sense the seer(s) keep watch over all to respond accordingly to the various factions. How else would he have known them to be "inconsequential" so quickly?

As of now I'm just sitting here reveling in the idea that Keith and Raine now have the common topic of herbal medicine to discuss!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by AmigaDragon »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 amShe set a waypoint back to the Manor? Why do I see that going horribly wrong somehow? [cough]Natani being somewhat impaired now/The Fly/the Manor's defenses.[/cough]
Natani's not impaired, she just got the momentary effects of the herbs when she opened the link.As for the defenses, she does have permission to be there, whether by Trace or Rose (I wonder how long that lasts). Then again, she may have set the waypoint to the front terrace rather than inside. The main problem will be how many she can teleport that distance with the crystals she has. For more power, does anyone ((new)Trace, Raine, Reni, Natani) know how to share power to boost spells? Raine's boost with Carver was more of a shove.
D3ADKi113R wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 pmI almost feel bad for Keith, this is becoming the new the norm
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

NuclearBird wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm
FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am Loool Natani and Zen on drugs.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get an unconscious person to swallow.

Okay, that sounded a lot less disturbing in my head.
Who said he swallowed any of it? Raine's got the good stuff.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by avwolf »

I admit to some disappointment that we don't get a "Look which one of us is naked this time" gag before Zen passes out. It would only be a right and proper ribbing considering the running joke regarding Natani.
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am She set a waypoint back to the Manor? Why do I see that going horribly wrong somehow? [cough]Natani being somewhat impaired now/The Fly/the Manor's defenses.[/cough]
Yeah, I find it difficult to imagine that Trace's manse would permit teleportation originating from anyone except Trace himself working properly. The place is pretty much a fey demense, what with the immortal Keidran servant, the summoning larder, and the whole "get transformed and teleported elsewhere when you cross the threshold without invitation." If they're very lucky, I think they'll be back to, as Oglaf put it, "walk'o'clock." (I'd link it, because that page is safe but for strong language, but you know, Oglaf is probably a bit too NSFW in general for that to be advisable.) If Natani et al. maintain their general rates of fortune, life could easily become even more complicated.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

But they don't have to teleport inside the mansion at all, just to the front door with Trace in tow. That being said, Natani hasn't been shown to have any of that information. But then what does "I hope" mean?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by avwolf »

Schrodinger wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pmBut they don't have to teleport inside the mansion at all, just to the front door with Trace in tow. That being said, Natani hasn't been shown to have any of that information. But then what does "I hope" mean?
If we presume that Natani is speaking of teleportation, then I would guess that it's a matter of magic and headcount. Keep in mind that when Natani took five people from the Basidian inn to the Na'rella (that's five including Natani), Nat had "never done this many people before." We're talking about twice that many people this time. I think a bit of apprehension would be appropriate. I don't know for certain how many mana stones Natani has left, or what capacity they're operating at either -- it's quite possible that Natani's also expressing doubt at having enough available mana to move this many bodies.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#15 Post by AmigaDragon »

Schrodinger wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pmBut they don't have to teleport inside the mansion at all, just to the front door with Trace in tow. That being said, Natani hasn't been shown to have any of that information. But then what does "I hope" mean?
"I hope I have enough mana for more than one teleport"? Taking us back to my question, does anyone present know how to share mana to boost a spell? Old Trace might but he's not usually available.
avwolf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pmIf we presume that Natani is speaking of teleportation, then I would guess that it's a matter of magic and headcount. Keep in mind that when Natani took five people from the Basidian inn to the Na'rella (that's five including Natani), Nat had "never done this many people before." We're talking about twice that many people this time. I think a bit of apprehension would be appropriate. I don't know for certain how many mana stones Natani has left, or what capacity they're operating at either -- it's quite possible that Natani's also expressing doubt at having enough available mana to move this many bodies.
Not just body count (or mass, Reni would have to count for several on her own but she can just fly straight back) but also distance to travel. At the inn it was just a short hop to the ship, not a full day's march away.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen