The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic for January 12, 2018: Assassin Brothers Family Reunion

#16 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 pm
amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm If not, Trace can heal, assuming he can currently use magic. (Which is a bit ambiguous.)
Not ambiguous at all. He definitively has used magic.
I don't think he's used regular mana a single time since before the basitin tower incident where his hand got claw-ified. (And at least here, he could not.) That's what I'm calling into question. Using black mana to heal Zen isn't a call that he would make.
Except that he has recently. But he's been actively avoiding using any magic because it could have dire consequences.
amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Kyrit wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 pm I think it's important to note that there are things magic cannot heal. Nora could slap a magic bandage on Laura, healing the external cuts, but she, a dragon, couldn't do anything about the internal bleeding. She didn't say it was due to a lack of the magic juice for it, she specifically stated "No amount of medicine can heal those injuries."
Her 'medicine' line is in direct response to Trace saying that she needs a doctor. Magic isn't medicine.

I always thought it was pretty clear that Nora didn't heal Laura because she couldn't spare the mana -- or possibly just didn't want to, in her situation. On the next page, when Trace contemplates using black mana to heal her, Nora warns him against using the power, not against the idea of healing her in general. I.e., Trace could have healed her, but chose not to.
Magic can save lives fare more effectively than medieval medicine can, that much is given. But it can't replace something that doesn't exist anymore.
Burned nerves, a fractured soul, a loved one's life. Even the profound healing properties of magic can't rewind time.

Oh, and Raine's been wrong before. She's currently 0/1 on dead squirrels.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ceptos
Traveler

#17 Post by Ceptos »

I mean, I don't want Zen to lose a leg but at the same time...

Zen with a Peg-leg would be pretty sexy. ovo
"I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood and I have no problem going out the same way."

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#18 Post by Neptune »

Zakkerus wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm So, what deus ex machina or McGuffin will save Zen's leg? *Carnival voice* Role up, role up! Make your guesses and take your bets! The winner gets a big prize!
I don't know why, but I feel like Zen should have a permanent injury/not have a leg. I don't know, just think that will get some things going.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Warrl »

amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm I don't think he's used regular mana a single time since before the basitin tower incident where his hand got claw-ified.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/920/ http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/923/

Rafe
Council Member

#20 Post by Rafe »

I just had a thought. There have been some speculations on and off about the magic spring and what it might be capable of, but something escaped my notice. If you look at the last view of it here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/952/ you see the water flowing in to the pool, and presumably it flows out somewhere.

The question is this: What if the stream Flora noticed nearby is the one flowing from the magic pool, and the Reni ends up taking a huge drink of it. What kinds of effects could all that magic water have on an exhausted dragon? I can't wait to see (if indeed it happens).

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#21 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

soooooo... does group B still believe that they need Zen to keep making the "potion" to keep Maren and Karen alive until they can get to a real healer?
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/838/
Because nobody seems to be worrying about that, with Zen looking too injured to keep making it

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#22 Post by Zakkerus »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am soooooo... does group B still believe that they need Zen to keep making the "potion" to keep Maren and Karen alive until they can get to a real healer?
Because nobody seems to be worrying about that, with Zen looking too injured to keep making it
It was probably something Richbach forgot about. He tends to forget a lot of the plot points he makes. And if there is an explanation (I'm not gonna search through the comic because I need sleep :p) it'll probably be deus ex machina-ed.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Cyon »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am soooooo... does group B still believe that they need Zen to keep making the "potion" to keep Maren and Karen alive until they can get to a real healer?
I'd say that at this moment that isn't their most pressing priority. For Red, it's the first time that he's seen Trace since they met in town back at the very start of the story, so I'm sure that the potion isn't on his mind. Carver's ambush is sure to have turned their morning upside down,so it's only normal for them to forget a thing or two...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

amenon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by amenon »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:03 am
amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm I don't think he's used regular mana a single time since before the basitin tower incident where his hand got claw-ified. (And at least here, he could not.) That's what I'm calling into question. Using black mana to heal Zen isn't a call that he would make.
Except that he has recently. But he's been actively avoiding using any magic because it could have dire consequences.
Except that might still be black mana, because he was worried about losing control, and because it was implied to be previously, on the second page you linked. (And if it was black mana, it still doesn't really tell us whether Trace can use regular mana or not; Edinmire probably doesn't have free mana, because of the tower.)

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:03 am Magic can save lives fare more effectively than medieval medicine can, that much is given. But it can't replace something that doesn't exist anymore.
Burned nerves, a fractured soul, a loved one's life. Even the profound healing properties of magic can't rewind time.
I could see the distinction being that it's possible to put things to right, but not to, so to speak, synthesize something that's been lost. But as long as the leg is still part of him, applying such a distinction would feel arbitrary to me.

(Of course, if Tom has it in for Zen's foot, he could just say that the shackle meltdown imbued his ankle with a lingering anti-magic effect. At any rate, my point remains that to me it feels like 'permanent damage' is the option that requires hand-waving, given what we've seen magic do. Your mileage may vary.)

Warrl wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am
amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm I don't think he's used regular mana a single time since before the basitin tower incident where his hand got claw-ified.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/920/ http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/923/
See above.

Zakkerus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25 pmIt was probably something Richbach forgot about.
Use his name. This isn't kindergarten.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#25 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm
Schrodinger wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:03 am Magic can save lives fare more effectively than medieval medicine can, that much is given. But it can't replace something that doesn't exist anymore.
I could see the distinction being that it's possible to put things to right, but not to, so to speak, synthesize something that's been lost. But as long as the leg is still part of him, applying such a distinction would feel arbitrary to me.

(Of course, if Tom has it in for Zen's foot, he could just say that the shackle meltdown imbued his ankle with a lingering anti-magic effect. At any rate, my point remains that to me it feels like 'permanent damage' is the option that requires hand-waving, given what we've seen magic do. Your mileage may vary.)
And now I'm laughing because Zen could be delivering anti-magic boots to the head. Thanks for that.

I don't expect Zen to lose his foot, maybe he'll limp for a while and have some numbness but we can only speculate how much healing magic can do for our dashing rogue.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SomeBody
Citizen

#26 Post by SomeBody »

Hero's Journey says that if the heroes don't give up something, your story is incomplete. I tend to agree. From that perspective, I hope there is permanent damage. It's thematically the price for Zen joining the hero group.
It was probably something Richbach forgot about.
TK isn't close to perfect, but insulting him for succeeding in a hard industry? Tom makes decent money after a decade of building his brand. Go jump in a lake if you take offense to that.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#27 Post by AmigaDragon »

steelabjur wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Panther wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm But ! What i see : Natani is wearing a dress :o

She has finally accepted what she's , finally ? :natani:
I think that's just the lower part of her robe that Kat made. Notice she's still binding too.
That's not a robe, there's no sleeves or collar. Not a dress either, it doesn't come up as high as her breasts, let alone the shoulders. Still, that skirt (only up to the waist) does very little to support her manly image. Or is she calling it a kilt (have we seen any yet in 2k)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#28 Post by Zakkerus »

Zakkerus wrote: ↑It was probably something Richbach forgot about.

amenon wrote: Use his name. This isn't kindergarten.
SomeBody wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:10 pm
TK isn't close to perfect, but insulting him for succeeding in a hard industry? Tom makes decent money after a decade of building his brand. Go jump in a lake if you take offense to that.
Hmm, defender of anything number 1 and defender of anything number 2 found. Wow, just look at all the love my different views on coloring pages for 200 dollars are getting, I feel sooo welcomed.
Also, the "R" and the "F" are awfully close on a keyboard. Imagine if somebody had actually made an honest mistake and then you start attacking them. Heh, funny, sounds like kindergarten behavior to me, pals.

And to think I'd find people who were actually going to have a decent conversation on here with out getting all sorts of hate for my different views. Tut-tut.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Dadrobit »

Zakkerus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25 pmIt was probably something Richbach forgot about.
Hmm, defender of anything number 1 and defender of anything number 2 found. Wow, just look at all the love my different views on coloring pages for 200 dollars are getting, I feel sooo welcomed.
Also, the "R" and the "F" are awfully close on a keyboard. Imagine if somebody had actually made an honest mistake and then you start attacking them. Heh, funny, sounds like kindergarten behavior to me, pals.

And to think I'd find people who were actually going to have a decent conversation on here with out getting all sorts of hate for my different views. Tut-tut.
How dare someone earn more money than you personally approve of for selling luxuries! How Dare They!

//EndSarcasm//

Yeah, it could have been a mistake, if your communist ideology hadn't already been well established before.

We tried having a decent conversation before, but you ended up just dismissing everyone who disagreed with you and you even low key
Godwin's Law'd me insisting that I was somehow in league with Ajit Pai for thinking that artists should be able to charge what they want for their work.
Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm yeah, an artist or writer thinking too much of their own creations can often time lead to their own downfall, or that they think they're so high, that they might even think themselves untouchable
Don't accuse Tom of being too high and mighty when it seems to be your own default position the moment people call you out for your attitude.
Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm I am bashing on him a little tiny, insy-winsy bit for the 200 dollar coloring book pages.

And don't even try to turn it back on us, by your own words you're just trying to be offensive.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#30 Post by Zakkerus »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 am
Zakkerus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm

How dare someone earn more money than you personally approve of for selling luxuries! How Dare They!

//EndSarcasm//

Yeah, it could have been a mistake, if your communist ideology hadn't already been well established before.

We tried having a decent conversation before, but you ended up just dismissing everyone who disagreed with you and you even low key
Godwin's Law'd me insisting that I was somehow in league with Ajit Pai for thinking that artists should be able to charge what they want for their work.
Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm yeah, an artist or writer thinking too much of their own creations can often time lead to their own downfall, or that they think they're so high, that they might even think themselves untouchable
Don't accuse Tom of being too high and mighty when it seems to be your own default position the moment people call you out for your attitude.
Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm I am bashing on him a little tiny, insy-winsy bit for the 200 dollar coloring book pages.

And don't even try to turn it back on us, by your own words you're just trying to be offensive.
Coincidentally enough, I figured you'd reply to this. You seem to not like me very much, bending words like daggers to strike me, seemingly because I'm not an über F(R)ichbach fanboy.
*Sigh* I guess people can't be themselves anymore, and have to conform to the masses when it comes to thinking.