Comic for January 12, 2018: Assassin Brothers Family Reunion

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for January 12, 2018: Assassin Brothers Family Reunion

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

Re: Comic for January 12, 2018: Assassin Brothers Family Reunion

#2 Post by Zakkerus »

So, what deus ex machina or McGuffin will save Zen's leg? *Carnival voice* Role up, role up! Make your guesses and take your bets! The winner gets a big prize!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Dadrobit »

Zakkerus wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm So, what deus ex machina or McGuffin will save Zen's leg? *Carnival voice* Role up, role up! Make your guesses and take your bets! The winner gets a big prize!
I've been speculating in the chat for a while now that Raine has already healed his leg. :mrgrin:

I'm guessing that her left over power after the teleport was what brought Nibbly back and it'll be what heals Zen's leg, albeit slower as she'd used up most of what was left by the time she started cleaning it. When the bandage comes off and it's mostly if not completely healed is when the party will start piecing together just how powerful she really is. Though they might just yet blame it on the magical spring water that they used to stave that realization off for a bit longer.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

Awww, despite the circumstances what an utterly sweet reunion between the two of them. :heart:

Good thing Reni didn't overhear Natani calling her a "giant lizard". Natani obviously isn't exactly the most astute when it comes to social graces, huh? Must be dat that low-key arrogance. '>.>
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Insomniac »

I can't say why, but for some reason I read Zen's lines this page in Vic Mignogna's voice. Specifically the voice of Qrow from RWBY.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Panther
Merchant

#6 Post by Panther »

Zen is so cute when he's asleep :zen: :heart:

Call a dragon "giant lizard" , you love to live dangerously , Nat :natani: :nora:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

amenon
Grand Templar

#7 Post by amenon »

Pretty brilliant start for a reunion :grin:

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:13 pm I've been speculating in the chat for a while now that Raine has already healed his leg. :mrgrin:
Oh, hey, that would do it.

If not, Trace can heal, assuming he can currently use magic. (Which is a bit ambiguous.) Raine might have burned out the local mana boosting Carver's teleport, but Nat's got crystals.

There's also the literal dragon.

And I still think the bros must have some healing juju going on between them, though Natani's concern here does point to that not being the solution. Still, I'm kinda expecting some kind of thing with the link. Zen is probably blocking Nat at the moment because he doesn't want to share the pain, and so that might be some next-page fodder.

Also, randomly: What's up with the cut/scar on Raine's stomach? It doesn't seem like it's there anymore. Raine thought it would be, if she shifted back. (And indeed, she sure still seemed injured the last time she had a human stomach :P)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Panther
Merchant

#8 Post by Panther »

But ! What i see : Natani is wearing a dress :o

She has finally accepted what she's , finally ? :natani:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

steelabjur
Council Member

#9 Post by steelabjur »

Panther wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm But ! What i see : Natani is wearing a dress :o

She has finally accepted what she's , finally ? :natani:
I think that's just the lower part of her robe that Kat made. Notice she's still binding too.

Doom114
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Doom114 »

I can’t put my finger on it, but something about this page is just gorgeous~

Kyrit
Templar

#11 Post by Kyrit »

I think it's important to note that there are things magic cannot heal. Nora could slap a magic bandage on Laura, healing the external cuts, but she, a dragon, couldn't do anything about the internal bleeding. She didn't say it was due to a lack of the magic juice for it, she specifically stated "No amount of medicine can heal those injuries." Then on this page, you have Raine stating "won't be as easily mended as a cut would by magic" and "even with a healer, I'm not sure the nerves will be the same." This feels like it's in line with what happened to Laura. It didn't cause Zen's death, but much like her, I don't see it being healed off. Or at least, I certainly hope not, otherwise I'm just going to have to call Nora a liar and also call poor writing on Tom's part. I'm hoping he sticks with that though, because it continues with showing that magic can't solve every single problem that comes along. Let us see Zen have a hard time trying to learn to walk again, be it trying to use damage nerves or learning to use a replacement ("peg") leg. We don't need Zen to die, but letting him struggle for the decision he made, the choice to risk everything to protect Natani, is good. I don't want to see that struggle taken away from him.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Warrl »

amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm If not, Trace can heal, assuming he can currently use magic. (Which is a bit ambiguous.)
Not ambiguous at all. He definitively has used magic.

What's ambiguous is whether he can remember or re-figure-out (or for that matter ever knew, in most cases) any healing magic. Or any other specific sort of magic that we haven't yet seen him do.

There's more than one fantasy universe where healing magic is a bit different, and not all magic-users can be healers - and healers can't necessarily do much in the way of non-healing magic. It's possible that healing Zen would be pretty easy for a good healer, and a really powerful one could have healed Laura (and probably been exhausted for at least the rest of the day afterward), but Lady Nora couldn't heal a paper-cut.

As an argument for different kinds of magic existing (whether or not healing is one of them) and needing magic-users with different innate characteristics I point at Euchre's affinity - as a keidran with supposedly-little access to magic - for transformation spells of a difficulty that stumps most human mages regardless of how powerful they are.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#13 Post by stlsf4003 »

One way or another, that leg's gonna have to go and even then he wouldn't be out of the woods.
the lurking furry railroader

Ddraig
Templar Master

#14 Post by Ddraig »

Kyrit wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 pm I think it's important to note that there are things magic cannot heal. Nora could slap a magic bandage on Laura, healing the external cuts, but she, a dragon, couldn't do anything about the internal bleeding. She didn't say it was due to a lack of the magic juice for it, she specifically stated "No amount of medicine can heal those injuries." Then on this page, you have Raine stating "won't be as easily mended as a cut would by magic" and "even with a healer, I'm not sure the nerves will be the same." This feels like it's in line with what happened to Laura. It didn't cause Zen's death, but much like her, I don't see it being healed off. Or at least, I certainly hope not, otherwise I'm just going to have to call Nora a liar and also call poor writing on Tom's part. I'm hoping he sticks with that though, because it continues with showing that magic can't solve every single problem that comes along. Let us see Zen have a hard time trying to learn to walk again, be it trying to use damage nerves or learning to use a replacement ("peg") leg. We don't need Zen to die, but letting him struggle for the decision he made, the choice to risk everything to protect Natani, is good. I don't want to see that struggle taken away from him.
Tbh, I don't see him losing the leg, but I do see him having a limp (which would be rather hard to draw) from now on
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

amenon
Grand Templar

#15 Post by amenon »

Kyrit wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 pm I think it's important to note that there are things magic cannot heal. Nora could slap a magic bandage on Laura, healing the external cuts, but she, a dragon, couldn't do anything about the internal bleeding. She didn't say it was due to a lack of the magic juice for it, she specifically stated "No amount of medicine can heal those injuries."
Her 'medicine' line is in direct response to Trace saying that she needs a doctor. Magic isn't medicine.

I always thought it was pretty clear that Nora didn't heal Laura because she couldn't spare the mana -- or possibly just didn't want to, in her situation. On the next page, when Trace contemplates using black mana to heal her, Nora warns him against using the power, not against the idea of healing her in general. I.e., Trace could have healed her, but chose not to.

Kyrit wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 pmLet us see Zen have a hard time trying to learn to walk again, be it trying to use damage nerves or learning to use a replacement ("peg") leg. We don't need Zen to die, but letting him struggle for the decision he made, the choice to risk everything to protect Natani, is good. I don't want to see that struggle taken away from him.
The cost of Zen's actions was completely arbitrary (and even the need for those actions was contrived.) To have him be stuck with that, when he's previously survived a literal sword through the chest, seems silly.

Zen's already carrying the proof and consequences of being willing to go to any lengths for Natani: The link.

Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 pm
amenon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm If not, Trace can heal, assuming he can currently use magic. (Which is a bit ambiguous.)
Not ambiguous at all. He definitively has used magic.
I don't think he's used regular mana a single time since before the basitin tower incident where his hand got claw-ified. (And at least here, he could not.) That's what I'm calling into question. Using black mana to heal Zen isn't a call that he would make.

Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 pmWhat's ambiguous is whether he can remember or re-figure-out (or for that matter ever knew, in most cases) any healing magic. Or any other specific sort of magic that we haven't yet seen him do.
He knows how. It's hard to know how good he is, but he did consider healing Laura -- and he's Trace freakin' Legacy.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]: