Comic of 4 of january 2018 : tyrant offspring

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Balingr

Re: Comic of 4 of january 2018 : tyrant offspring

#16 Post by Balingr »

Just stopping by to point out:

Flora confirmed she was WITH Sythe before so his assumption it's his is not that far fetched as one thought it to be.

SomeBody
Citizen

#17 Post by SomeBody »

Presumably it was just long enough ago that they'd have known.

amenon
Grand Templar

#18 Post by amenon »

I also bumped with "hang on, a trimester isn't 'one third', it's 'three months'", but all in all I like it. Clever way of saying something about the (expected) length of the pregnancy.

I'm not too worried about Zen or even his leg. The Magi bros seem to have some pretty serious healing factor going on with the link active. (And the link is active again.) Natani got Zen through getting a sword put through him, after all, and on the island, Natani walked away from injuries that the basitin doctor wasn't sure he'd survive.

Also a thought I had: I wonder if Raine is going to find some opportunity to ship Nat and Keith :P Interspecies couples are totally in her wheelhouse, and the two of them are overall pretty likely to behave in ways that lend themselves to speculation.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#19 Post by ZeroJinKui »

ew... so flora WAS with sythe long ago?

well, he clearly failed to impress her. :redhair:

anyway... hopefully zen is gonna be alright... wonder how the two groups will proceed from this point on?
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#20 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:55 pm I also bumped with "hang on, a trimester isn't 'one third', it's 'three months'", but all in all I like it. Clever way of saying something about the (expected) length of the pregnancy.

I'm not too worried about Zen or even his leg. The Magi bros seem to have some pretty serious healing factor going on with the link active. (And the link is active again.) Natani got Zen through getting a sword put through him, after all, and on the island, Natani walked away from injuries that the basitin doctor wasn't sure he'd survive.

Also a thought I had: I wonder if Raine is going to find some opportunity to ship Nat and Keith :P Interspecies couples are totally in her wheelhouse, and the two of them are overall pretty likely to behave in ways that lend themselves to speculation.
Keep in mind that Basitin health care is the worst in the world. I'd be more worried about Zen limping for the rest of his life.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#21 Post by amenon »

Schrodinger wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:00 pm Keep in mind that Basitin health care is the worst in the world. I'd be more worried about Zen limping for the rest of his life.
There is that for sure. (And possibly also unfamiliarity with keidran physique.) But I think it's still a valid thing to look at. These two are very hard to kill, and perhaps even to injure. I think it's like a two-people-worth of life-force thing.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#22 Post by IHeartMaeve »

I don’t know if anyone’s brought this up yet, but I couldn’t help but notice that Sythe just mentioned that Flora was in the second trimester, despite it only being her second month. I believe we can all assume that the Keidran gestation cycle is shorter than that of a human. Then again, it has been established that Keidran have a shorter lifespan than humans, so it’s gonna have to be considered a fitting fact. Although, I wonder what this means in terms of how long each trimester is for a Keidran. A month each? Three weeks? What?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Candycat
Citizen

#23 Post by Candycat »

Man I'll be in my mid 20s by the time Flora has kids.

Also, wow, Raine has a lot of hair. Time for a haircut? I bet it would look nice.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Warrl
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Warrl »

Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 am Also, It's kinda been debated back and forth whether or not Keidran pregnancies are as long as humans, and this comic page pretty much confirms that; we also finally know the approximate length of Keidran pregnancies is about three months. Although, I think the term trimester is generalized in context given how the definition typically refers to a three-month period within humans.
For example, dogs have a gestation period of about nine weeks, trimesters to them would in three week intervals.
Two months being in the second trimester would set a lower limit of three months and an upper limit of six months.

Gestation period appears to only roughly correlate with the logarithm of the mother's normal-for-species size (there are LOTS of confounding factors, and human gestation is toward the short side for our size - probably because of our abnormally large brainboxes and upright posture) but that's enough for me to lean toward the six-month end of that range.

Alternatively, Sythe may not actually know how long normal gestation is for tiger-keidran, or may be having a brain fart on the arithmetic. (He is definitely flustered and confused, so the latter is at least plausible.)

And, of course, a tiger/human hybrid pregnancy may be weird by keidran standards, in ways beyond simply the fact of it occurring at all.

Kitch
Apprentice

#25 Post by Kitch »

Keith's tail is breaking the fourth wall. That’s not good.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by BadJoke »

A serviceable man, holding no grudge or jealousy... that's good to see. :)

Still "tyrant offspring" sounds ominous. After all we shouldn't forget that what Trace did won't just go away because he turned good. It will probably keep poisoning his life for a very long time, and maybe the one of his child too... Because whoever wins the actual war, there's very little chance he will be well disposed towards him (and that's not even counting the population).
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#27 Post by Hulk10 »

BadJoke wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 pm A serviceable man, holding no grudge or jealousy... that's good to see. :)

Still "tyrant offspring" sounds ominous. After all we shouldn't forget that what Trace did won't just go away because he turned good. It will probably keep poisoning his life for a very long time, and maybe the one of his child too... Because whoever wins the actual war, there's very little chance he will be well disposed towards him (and that's not even counting the population).
Who will be well disposed towards who?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 pm ew... so flora WAS with sythe long ago?

well, he clearly failed to impress her. :redhair:

anyway... hopefully zen is gonna be alright... wonder how the two groups will proceed from this point on?
It was said early on that Flora and Sythe were in an arranged marriage before. But she ran away because she was not happy with it.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#29 Post by AmigaDragon »

Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 amAlso, It's kinda been debated back and forth whether or not Keidran pregnancies are as long as humans, and this comic page pretty much confirms that; we also finally know the approximate length of Keidran pregnancies is about three months. Although, I think the term trimester is generalized in context given how the definition typically refers to a three-month period within humans.
For example, dogs have a gestation period of about nine weeks, trimesters to them would in three week intervals.
Trimester refers to a 3 month period in humans because it's a third of the typical 9 month pregnancy, a 6 month pregnancy would have 2 month trimesters. Being (assumed by Sythe) in her 2nd trimester after 2 months could put typical keidran pregnancy anywhere between 3 and 6 months, she could be just starting or just finishing a trimester at 2 months.
Ran-san wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 pm
FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:53 am The way Natani looks and the way she says "Zen..." does not bode well.
We do know that he won't die at least. Unless Tom is about to infuriate his fanbase by killing Zen and Natani - which I highly doubt.
Except that Natani has managed to live and function without Zen due to the anti-magic shackle. The "link" is not needed anymore. If Zen dies, there's no reason Natani will also.
The link was more a side-effect of the soul patching, or perhaps just an addition by Clovis to give him a hook (with a back door) to keep them as agents. I don't think the link was ever required for Natani's survival after the patch.
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:16 amIt was said early on that Flora and Sythe were in an arranged marriage before. But she ran away because she was not happy with it.
Were they in an arranged marriage (already living married) or arranged to be married? Perhaps a very small distinction for some, where an arranged marriage may be considered to be already married even if not yet living together.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

amenon
Grand Templar

#30 Post by amenon »

AmigaDragon wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm Trimester refers to a 3 month period in humans because it's a third of the typical 9 month pregnancy
The larger point you're making is correct, but:

Trimester: From French trimestre, from Latin trimestris (“of three months”), from trēs (“three”) + mensis (“month”).

(And likewise, a semester is six months.)

If it's a six month pregnancy, it would consist of three bimesters :P