Comic for December 28th, 2017: Sythe-o-Vision

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Panther
Merchant

Re: Comic for December 28th, 2017: Sythe-o-Vision

#16 Post by Panther »

Sythe is soon becoming mad :grin:

At least , he has a "natural" reaction : not thinking about Keith or Trace to be the father 8)

Can't wait for the next strip ...... Still all a week ..... ARRRGGG (;_;)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#17 Post by Neptune »

It seems that the 1009 prediction wasn't true. I can't wait until the next page when Sythe goes absolutely insane after Flora says the father is Trace.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Tendo
Master

#18 Post by Tendo »

Schrodinger wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 pm He did make the logical conclusion
True, it's "common knowledge" that humans and keidran can't have children, not even Flora and Trace are aware that it was the masks allowed it to happen (or stopped preventing it from happening anymore?). Plus none of Party B is aware that Natani is a woman. It would only be logical that Scythe would be wondering what male keidran did it. Kind of silly for Flora to call him an idiot.

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

#19 Post by ClockworkPanda »

"It's the hair, isn't it"
Oh my gosh, I lost it!

RIP
Ded
Clockwork no longer work

This was the best laugh I've had in a long time :mrgreen:

amenon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by amenon »

I wonder whether the panel 2 subtext is "You know I wasn't in a fertile period", or "We never actually had sex". If it's the latter, then someone should really Sythe a refresher in the birds and the bees :P

Hilarious page! It's the hair thing that really nails it, especially because of the callback. And Flora has an amazing toon link impression :grin:

Cyon wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 am
tony1695 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:03 am
Cyon wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:49 am Aw poor Sythe, jumping to every possible conclusion except for the right one...
In his defence, as far as he (and everyone else on the planet) knows, the right answer isn't actually possible.
I thought that Sythe would be able to see Nat's female body and realise that his answer was even less possible at this point since they're probably no longer using scent masking spells (after the ship burned down), but yeah they did put their bandages back on.
I'm sure Natani's got the scent spells going again. It's part of the habitus.

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:16 pm course, i fully expect the page of flora giving birth to end up landing on april fool's day and the child to be sythe's, or more strangely, natani's, before we get the real page.
It wasn't April Fools, but it's kinda been done, actually!

Schrodinger wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 pm He did make the logical conclusion and Natani is quite handsome. Doesn't excuse him being overly dramatic about it.
Yeah, he's hamming it up like crazy!
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#21 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Ahahahaha.... this one is great. :grin:

I like how Sythe somehow managed to jump to *both* logical-yet-incorrect conclusions in one strip. I suppose panel two may imply that Sythe and Flora hadn't ever been together after all, but it's still ambiguous enough that Tom could still go the other way with it if he wanted to. And yup, bruised male ego syndrome in full swing here. And *man* does Natani ever look *fabulous* in that panel. No earth-shattering observations here, just sayin. :grin:

I suppose it's a bit unfair of Flora to call him an idiot - as noted, it *is* a perfectly logical conclusion, even if we know it's incorrect. I guess she might be calling him an idiot for not picking up on the subtext between her and Trace rather than simply for guessing that the father must be the only (apparently) male keidran with her, but even that wouldn't really be very fair. It's not like Sythe interacted with them extensively at the time, and there's also still the whole 'it's common knowledge that humans and keidran aren't interfertile' thing. Or maybe she's just reacting to his comment about the hair, which I suppose *is* a bit over-the-top.
Cyon wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 amI thought that Sythe would be able to see Nat's female body and realise that his answer was even less possible at this point since they're probably no longer using scent masking spells (after the ship burned down), but yeah they did put their bandages back on.
Natani almost certainly indeed didn't have the scent masking spell in effect immediately after the ship burned down - after all, he'd been in a coma for the past week. However, it's been a day since then, and notably Natani was able to get mana crystals from the table in order to re-create his enchanted bindings. Given that he was able to get mana crystals and that he apparently did want to go back to passing as a male, I see no reason why he wouldn't have also re-cast the scent masking spell at the same time even if it wasn't explicitly stated.

Phaing
Master

#22 Post by Phaing »

Scythe may not be an actual idiot, but he sure is going to feel like one in about 10 seconds.

And due to the fuss he is making, an earth-shaking revelation is about to be visited on the B-Team. I wonder if :raine: will have something to say. 8)

And if there was ever a time for Natani to just let the puppies breathe...
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Meribah
Citizen

#23 Post by Meribah »

Yes, yes, Sythe, it was the hair. Those luscious locks make him look like a Keidran Fabio! Who could resist that? lol :P

Poor Sythe is gonna flip when Flora tells him who the father really is...well, flip out more than he has already! I can't wait!

FishWeave
New Citizen

#24 Post by FishWeave »

I can honestly see why she would call Sythe an idiot, even if he did go for the logical conclusion. He was so shocked that he forgot for a moment that the two never slept together. The next thing he does is guess someone that, while Natani is nice guy, is not the guy she was close to when Flora and Sythe last met. She ditched Sythe for Trace, not Natani.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#25 Post by jacobc62 »

Wasn't it a plot point in Kat's backstory that Keidran cross-species children were extremely rare, and most were infertile, hence why Sythe is being an idiot according to Flora?
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#26 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Mmm, yep...Sythe still has a lot to learn.
Videre videnda.

Xale
Traveler

#27 Post by Xale »

jacobc62 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:21 pm Wasn't it a plot point in Kat's backstory that Keidran cross-species children were extremely rare, and most were infertile, hence why Sythe is being an idiot according to Flora?
I expect the rarity mostly comes from that Keidran on their own are tribal. Wolves stay with Wolves. Tigers stay with Tigers. Opportunities to 'mix' are few except in Human territories.

But slave masters are going exhibit control on breeding, and probably won't crossbreed except when it produces beneficial traits. (See: Mule)
Pure-breds after all, are normally far more valuable.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#28 Post by Neptune »

Meribah wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 pm Yes, yes, Sythe, it was the hair. Those luscious locks make him look like a Keidran Fabio! Who could resist that? lol :P

Poor Sythe is gonna flip when Flora tells him who the father really is...well, flip out more than he has already! I can't wait!
Tom will probably update in two or three days (prediction and citation needed), so his flip is imminent.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#29 Post by CrRAR »

Great page.

Can't wait to see Natani's perspective on Sythe tweaking out all-up-in his general direction. XD
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Warrl »

SpottedKitty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:26 pmImage
Emoji swiped...

And dangit, I had a perfect record regarding non-trivial non-obvious predictions about webcomics - 100% inaccuracy - and now I blew it by calling Sythe's reaction.