Comic for December 28th, 2017: Sythe-o-Vision

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

daboross

Re: Comic for December 28th, 2017: Sythe-o-Vision

#46 Post by daboross »

Ainoko1965 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:11 pm
Him wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:37 pm
aitaituo wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:10 am Wow, Sythe really was dumb enough to think he somehow got Flora pregnant. Guess I've been overestimating him.
To be fair it makes more sense than a god-like being who enabled interspecies breeding- specifically for a xenophobic mass murderer who lost his memory and got with a member of the species he killed in droves.

I like the story, but it's hard to believe.
To be fair, I think that in their distant past humans mated with with both dragons and animals, creating the kedrian, bastian and other species and something caused all to forget their origins.
If we're going in that direction, is there any evidence humans were the original species, or there was one at all? For all we know, it could have been dragons originally who adopted different shapes out of some interest, and had descendants who lacked the ability to shapeshift out of them.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Tom has outright stated that the races of Keidran aren't related to the animals they're named after. At most the animals would have been just interesting forms for the gods to copy when manipulating - there is no genetic or familial relation.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

I thought it was canon that this was a created world, and (species) human, keidran, basitin were all separately created at about the same time with no evolutionary predecessors.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#48 Post by Schrodinger »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 am I thought it was canon that this was a created world, and (species) human, keidran, basitin were all separately created at about the same time with no evolutionary predecessors.
From the Author himself. Evolution is not a thing in the Twokinds world and every sentient race was created by one of the masks. Dragons were also created but by older, more powerful gods than the Masks. Genetics, however, is still a thing.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

#49 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 amFrom the Author himself. Evolution is not a thing in the Twokinds world and every sentient race was created by one of the masks. Dragons were also created but by older, more powerful gods than the Masks. Genetics,
however, is still a thing.
Now you have me wanting to meet the Basitin Mask. Ephemural and the human-creating Mask are both kind of jerks. =P

...and the dragon Mask, if they have one.
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#50 Post by Schrodinger »

Dragons have no patron Mask. Dragons predate the Masks. They were both created by the actual deities of this world that we have yet to meet./color]

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#51 Post by Neptune »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 am
Warrl wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 am I thought it was canon that this was a created world, and (species) human, keidran, basitin were all separately created at about the same time with no evolutionary predecessors.
From the Author himself. Evolution is not a thing in the Twokinds world and every sentient race was created by one of the masks. Dragons were also created but by older, more powerful gods than the Masks. Genetics, however, is still a thing.
But what of the "forbidden race" thing Neutral mentioned?
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

NuclearBird
Master

#52 Post by NuclearBird »

Neptune wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm
Hybrids, maybe?
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Neptune
Master

#53 Post by Neptune »

NuclearBird wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:05 pm
Hybrids, maybe?
Maybe, but I like to infer it as an origin race.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#54 Post by Schrodinger »

Neptune wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 am
Hybrids, maybe?
Sorry to debunk you again, but Neutral was referring to hybrids. Word-of-God has it that hybrids used to be possible but the Masks put a stop to it a long time ago. Neutral is removing that resctriction in order to stay in the game.

Neptune
Master

#55 Post by Neptune »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:00 am
Neptune wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 am

Hybrids, maybe?
Sorry to debunk you again, but Neutral was referring to hybrids. Word-of-God has it that hybrids used to be possible but the Masks put a stop to it a long time ago. Neutral is removing that resctriction in order to stay in the game.
:/

FiendishlyAdorable
Traveler

#56 Post by FiendishlyAdorable »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm Dragons have no patron Mask. Dragons predate the Masks. They were both created by the actual deities of this world that we have yet to meet.
I actually like that better.

Did Word of God ever say why they put a stop to hybrids? I know they have this obscure game going where the humans and the Keidran are at odds and they each want their race to have the advantage, but you'd think the possibility of children resulting from interbreeding might have lessened the racial antagonism.
With every mistake, we must surely be learning.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#57 Post by Schrodinger »

FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:21 pm
Schrodinger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm Dragons have no patron Mask. Dragons predate the Masks. They were both created by the actual deities of this world that we have yet to meet.

Did Word of God ever say why they put a stop to hybrids? I know they have this obscure game going where the humans and the Keidran are at odds and they each want their race to have the advantage, but you'd think the possibility of children resulting from interbreeding might have lessened the racial antagonism.
I can't recall. But that sounds likely.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#58 Post by aitaituo »

FiendishlyAdorable wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:21 pm

It's my impression is that Chaos' plan is to win by getting humans to exterminate the other races. Keidran have a shorter window to breed, so hybrids could have been used to reduce the number of total keidran. Another thought is that since humans have enslaved a large number of keidran, but still find them sexy, banning hybrids forces humans to captively breed keidran instead of hybrids.

I dunno. Genocide is squicky to put it lightly.