Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

#2 Post by NiWo21k »

Poor Reni - not only a bodged up landing, but also a lot of people watching her "land" - but she will get over it, she should man... ahh, "dragon" up and next time make it, even more, a spectacle :wink:

And what just goes through Sythe head... nothing good i suppose :mrgreen:

ANd its good to see that Tom will keep up the "Name Unknown" joke for at least a little while - i think there are now three possible outcomes - it will never be revealed, it will be a very short side note, that only a few will se or everyone will get amnesia and forget only his name :mrgreen:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

OMGITSABIST

#3 Post by OMGITSABIST »

Plant? Rose. or Dandelion. or Daisy? :redhair:
Ok, on a more serious note, I'm guessing Rowan.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by BadJoke »

I don't think there's any clearer way to say "it's over" to an ex than a pregnant belly due to someone else.
That must sting a bit.

Now I wonder how he will react to this beyond his personal point. Will he buy it? (And the other guys of team B? Especially mister "plant name"...)
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

amenon
Grand Templar

#5 Post by amenon »

So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.

And I know it doesn't fit any of the earlier hints, but in my headcanon Red's name is now Subtleflower. Because that's way too damn good :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#6 Post by Shockwave07 »

:mrgreen: It looks like your pregnant flora! Nudist flora strikes again as Sythe is about to freak whether he thinks he's the father, and probably more when he learns he isn't!

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by BadJoke »

amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
That would be really interesting but I think she said she had been with Trace only when the basitin doctor discovered her condition...
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Panther
Merchant

#8 Post by Panther »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm
amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
That would be really interesting but I think she said she had been with Trace only when the basitin doctor discovered her condition...
Yes , but Sythe wasn't here . So , all is possible .......... Soon a mayhem ? :?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

amenon
Grand Templar

#9 Post by amenon »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm
She did, but I would have to assume she meant 'since her last heat'. And Sythe doesn't know that she went into heat again, so if they were together before the comic started...

(Though, thinking about it a bit more, this does also suggest that Flora is a virgin at that point. But that's not 100%, because it could also mean something like she's never done it with a human. Does anyone remember other instances? I don't think it makes much sense at all for her to be a virgin, but if the story insists I guess I'd roll with it :P)

Edit: I remembered I have a search engine. Found two instances of Flora thinking/saying she's never been with anyone else: 704, 802. But, here's what she says to Trace when it's for all the marbles: "I've never been with anyone else since I've been with you."

And so I refer back to my first paragraph, except this time better researched.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Ah, yes. That cartoonish eye-pop that occurs then you become victim to extreme surprise. I wonder what Tom has in store for the next page. Will Flora explain that Trace is the father and have Sythe crack up in disbelief until she gives a look that makes him say something like “Oh, gods. You mean it?!”

I guess only time will tell…
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by aitaituo »

Strikes me as a normal reaction to a pregnant ex-fiancee. Sythe seemed to be hoping for a reconciliation. Nooooot gonna happen, buddy.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#12 Post by CrRAR »

No, no, that was just totally that ooother tiger girl he's thinking of. He'll remember shortly. Wild times back then for ol' Sythe. Bachelor extraordinaire, at your service. :wink:

He's a sophisticated man now though, got a squirrel to look out for these days. Apple of his eye, she is. :squirrel:

Ha, ha, if they do break into more of a "catching up" convo that part of his story is going to be iiinteresting. Though I am doubting it considering just how curt Flora was initially. I'm impressed he's held her attention THIS long.

*Sythe begins gushing over his amazing new girlsquirrelfriend*
"I... I thiiink I'll be going now. Uhh... Dragon to hydrate. ktkxbaiii"
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#13 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

OMGITSABIST wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm Plant? Rose. or Dandelion. or Daisy? :redhair:
I like this. Rowan the Red.
And rowan berries *are* indeed red!

Etymonline:
rowan (n.)
"mountain ash," 1804, from rowan-tree, rountree (1540s), northern English and Scottish, from a Scandinavian source (compare Old Norse reynir, Swedish Ronn "the rowan"), ultimately from PIE root *reudh- "red, ruddy," in reference to the berries.

Also, I don't think Flora and Sythe slept together before. Flora was never really interested in Sythe. Sure she was willing to have this arranged marriage for the sake of an alliance between their tribes, but even right at the very beginning of TwoKinds, Flora has never shown any real *attraction* to Sythe.
I reckon Sythe's reaction is simply shock... unlike Flora, he *does* actually have feelings for her, and yeah, as has been said, he was probably hoping to reconcile with her. Suddenly seeing her pregnant is just something really unexpected.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#14 Post by Ddraig »

OMGITSABIST wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm Plant? Rose. or Dandelion. or Daisy? :redhair:
He's Dandelion to me now. Mostly because

then again Rowan would make more sense (easier transition to nickname Red). Maybe Rye
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

yaytime
Apprentice

#15 Post by yaytime »

thanks to plant name reds name could be anything tom wants due to that he could make a plant up, im for the real world Burdock tbh.
also nice to see an adorable sythe as usual :heart: :sythe: :heart:
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals: