Moderator: Moderators

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

#16 Post by amenon »

Rhubarb.

Maybe Radish :P

aitaituo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 pm
amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
Strikes me as a normal reaction to a pregnant ex-fiancee. Sythe seemed to be hoping for a reconciliation. Nooooot gonna happen, buddy.
I think it's more of an oh-[censored] face than that.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

OMGITSABIST wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm Plant? Rose. or Dandelion. or Daisy? :redhair:
Lily, Ivy, Amaryllis... actually quite a few have been used but some don't seem sex-specific (Acacia, Azami) and some I just don't see being used in a universe where herbalism is still important (Belladonna)
Ok, on a more serious note, I'm guessing Rowan.
I've come across a few characters named Hedge.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Warrl »

amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
Strikes me as a normal reaction to a pregnant ex-fiancee. Sythe seemed to be hoping for a reconciliation. Nooooot gonna happen, buddy.
I don't think he was hoping for a reconciliation back to fiancé status. Friend status, though, yes.

Natani is wrapped at the moment - and I don't mean basitin ankle-wraps - so Sythe probably thinks he's the father (seeing that he's the only male keidran that arrived with her). Flora rejected Sythe, a nice upstanding minor-noble wolf, and went with some scum assassin... kind of a blow to the ego.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#19 Post by tony1695 »

Warrl wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm
I don't think he was hoping for a reconciliation back to fiancé status. Friend status, though, yes.

Natani is wrapped at the moment - and I don't mean basitin ankle-wraps - so Sythe probably thinks he's the father (seeing that he's the only male keidran that arrived with her). Flora rejected Sythe, a nice upstanding minor-noble wolf, and went with some scum assassin... kind of a blow to the ego.
Worth noting is that to the majority of wolves, Zen and Natani are the Magi Brothers. Natani has been keeping up the illusion of being male for a very long time.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#20 Post by Vintage »

And of course we still don't get to know Red's name (;_;)
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

midwestmutt

#21 Post by midwestmutt »

A quick google of red plants gives some ideas. Given Red's personality you could call him Goji Barry as a first and last name for the goji berry, a tart tasting berry copmparable to a sour cherry, but I would go with Tabasco Pepper for his fiery temper. Just call him Tab for short.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#22 Post by Schrodinger »

I'm partial to the name Basil myself. Seems fittingly ill-suited for him.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#23 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Sythe is such a persistent one. He's in for a surprise now...
Videre videnda.

Candycat
Citizen

#24 Post by Candycat »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 pm
OMGITSABIST wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm Plant? Rose. or Dandelion. or Daisy? :redhair:
I like this. Rowan the Red.
And rowan berries *are* indeed red!

Etymonline:
rowan (n.)
"mountain ash," 1804, from rowan-tree, rountree (1540s), northern English and Scottish, from a Scandinavian source (compare Old Norse reynir, Swedish Ronn "the rowan"), ultimately from PIE root *reudh- "red, ruddy," in reference to the berries.

Also, I don't think Flora and Sythe slept together before. Flora was never really interested in Sythe. Sure she was willing to have this arranged marriage for the sake of an alliance between their tribes, but even right at the very beginning of TwoKinds, Flora has never shown any real *attraction* to Sythe.
I reckon Sythe's reaction is simply shock... unlike Flora, he *does* actually have feelings for her, and yeah, as has been said, he was probably hoping to reconcile with her. Suddenly seeing her pregnant is just something really unexpected.
Rowan makes even more sense when you consider all the Pokemon references that are taking place; his asking Trace if he's "out to collect them all," That his nickname is red, not to mention Maren's blue hair and Karen's green hair and that Flora and Pikachu/raichu both have stripes and a similar color scheme. And Rowan berries are Red!

Therefore, Red's name is Rowan.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ran-san

#25 Post by Ran-san »

amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:45 pm Rhubarb.

Maybe Radish :P

I think it's more of an [censored] face than that.
Honestly, I don't think Sythe and Flora have been together in that way before. It's mention way back then that their engagement was a pre-arranged political marriage by their clan elders, and that neither cares anything for the other. So I doubt that is the case. I think it's just simple shock, considering how over the moon Flora was about Trace when last they met. Of course they can't produce a kid since humans and keidrans can't crossbreed ('till now, but Sythe doesn't know that), so he'll assume she moved on...Natani maybe (if she's disguising her scent). Either way, it's just shock.

Qwe304
Citizen

#26 Post by Qwe304 »

amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm
She did, but I would have to assume she meant 'since her last heat'. And Sythe doesn't know that she went into heat again, so if they were together before the comic started...

(Though, thinking about it a bit more, this does also suggest that Flora is a virgin at that point. But that's not 100%, because it could also mean something like she's never done it with a human. Does anyone remember other instances? I don't think it makes much sense at all for her to be a virgin, but if the story insists I guess I'd roll with it :P)

Edit: I remembered I have a search engine. Found two instances of Flora thinking/saying she's never been with anyone else: 704, 802. But, here's what she says to Trace when it's for all the marbles: "I've never been with anyone else since I've been with you."

And so I refer back to my first paragraph, except this time better researched.
on page 203, I'm pretty sure that's trace saying he hasn't done this before.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Ddraig
Templar Master

#27 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 pm
Lily, Ivy, Amaryllis... actually quite a few have been used but some don't seem sex-specific (Acacia, Azami) and some I just don't see being used in a universe where herbalism is still important (Belladonna)
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/88/, panel 5 suggests that his name starts with R, D, B, or P, though it could just be "Red" cut off.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#28 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Ddraig wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:30 am
Warrl wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 pm
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/88/, panel 5 suggests that his name starts with R, D, B, or P, though it could just be "Red" cut off.
The curvature seems to fit better with R, B or P than with D.

Ran-san

#29 Post by Ran-san »

Qwe304 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 am
amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm
She did, but I would have to assume she meant 'since her last heat'. And Sythe doesn't know that she went into heat again, so if they were together before the comic started...

(Though, thinking about it a bit more, this does also suggest that Flora is a virgin at that point. But that's not 100%, because it could also mean something like she's never done it with a human. Does anyone remember other instances? I don't think it makes much sense at all for her to be a virgin, but if the story insists I guess I'd roll with it :P)

Edit: I remembered I have a search engine. Found two instances of Flora thinking/saying she's never been with anyone else: 704, 802. But, here's what she says to Trace when it's for all the marbles: "I've never been with anyone else since I've been with you."

And so I refer back to my first paragraph, except this time better researched.
on page 203, I'm pretty sure that's trace saying he hasn't done this before.
Comic 203 Transcript wrote: Flora: Ow, hey, that’s my tail, Trace!

Trace: Sorry, sorry.. never done this before.. how about now?

Flora: I know, me nei— eep! mm.. that’s nice..
So it is Trace saying "I've never done this before", however Flora responds with "I know, me neither." but is :heart:ahem:heart: interrupted.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#30 Post by Cosmacelf »

I think naming Red is Tom’s devious master plan. I think he doesn’t have a name for Red, so he dropped a few random clues in the comic, and let us figure out a name for him.

Note that all he said was “like the plant”. Nothing was mentioned about it being a red plant.

So it could be any plant.

Devious master plans: http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff400/fv00397.htm