Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for December 16, 2017: Talking to the Ex

#46 Post by MuonNeutrino »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:56 pmeither way, people assuming that the baby is sythe's simply because of him being shocked at her being pregnant is kinda foolish.
I think you've mis-interpreted what people were speculating about. The *readers* here were not assuming that the baby is Sythe's - as you point out, we know that's not the case. Rather, people were speculating that *Sythe* might assume that the baby was his.

In-universe, nobody outside their immediate group know that Trace and Flora are having a hybrid child - as far as everyone else is concerned, that'd be impossible. Thus, from everyone else's point of view, if Flora is pregnant they'd assume the father must be a keidran. And so, that has lead to two different speculations in this thread on what Sythe might assume about the child's parentage:

1: Sythe might think that Natani is the father, simply because Natani is the only (seemingly) male keidran among the arriving group and he assumes that she'd be traveling with whoever the father is. As mentioned, this might lead to a "you threw me over for *an assassin*?" reaction.

2: Or, if Sythe and Flora ever slept together, Sythe may think that *he* might be the father, particularly if he'd picked up on the subtext between Trace and Flora and thus assumes she'd been with Trace (i.e. a human who couldn't get her pregnant) since.

Or, I suppose, if he doesn't peg it on himself or Natani he might assume she'd been sleeping around, though I don't think I'd expect him to jump to quite that extreme of a conclusion immediately. Or he may just not assume anything and simply ask her. Who knows?

Dreamfox
Citizen

#47 Post by Dreamfox »

Or he is simply shocked how fast he was 'replaced'.
Her belly does allow some guesses how far she is along. He might know when her last heat was before they seperated and can guess when the next one would be.
All in all, he can guess how fast she met a new guy.
:D

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#48 Post by aitaituo »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:56 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pmRaine isn't the same kind of hybrid as Flora's child. Euchre was human via his perfect transformation magic. Raine just inherited his magic without the full control.
either way, people assuming that the baby is sythe's simply because of him being shocked at her being pregnant is kinda foolish.

it'd make such a huge part of the story completely pointless and render a massive plot point null and void. :redhair:
Or it's tweest ending and Trace goes back to being Hitler, kills the rest of the cast, conquers the world, the end.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#49 Post by Neptune »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:13 am
ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:56 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pmRaine isn't the same kind of hybrid as Flora's child. Euchre was human via his perfect transformation magic. Raine just inherited his magic without the full control.
either way, people assuming that the baby is sythe's simply because of him being shocked at her being pregnant is kinda foolish.

it'd make such a huge part of the story completely pointless and render a massive plot point null and void. :redhair:
Or it's tweest ending and Trace goes back to being Hitler, kills the rest of the cast, conquers the world, the end.
Anschluss?
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Catmeowir
Banned
Banned

#50 Post by Catmeowir »

Neptune wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:00 pm Anschluss?
U talking about me?
Party like if it was 1941.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#51 Post by Neptune »

Catmeowir wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:34 pm
U talking about me?
What
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Catmeowir
Banned
Banned

#52 Post by Catmeowir »

Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:13 am
U talking about me?
What
You know the the German flag I have.
Party like if it was 1941.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#53 Post by Schrodinger »

Catmeowir wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:50 am
Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:13 am
U talking about me?
What
You know the the German flag I have.
Stop there before you derail the thread any farther.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#54 Post by Hulk10 »

I personally don't blame Flora for being rather cold towards Sythe. She wasn't happy with their arranged marriage, and he did once lie to her and try to force her to come back with him and the sent assassin thing.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#55 Post by Hulk10 »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm
amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
That would be really interesting but I think she said she had been with Trace only when the basitin doctor discovered her condition...
I agree, though she was in an arranged marriage with Sythe before.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

amenon
Grand Templar

#56 Post by amenon »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 am
BadJoke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm
amenon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm So... they slept together and Sythe thinks the baby might be his? I can't think of any other reason for that strong a reaction.
That would be really interesting but I think she said she had been with Trace only when the basitin doctor discovered her condition...
I agree
She just said on the latest page that she'd been with Sythe.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#57 Post by Hulk10 »

Yeah I know but we all knew that she was in an arranged marriage with him. Those of us who read from beginning to end. Also the term 'been with' is open to interpretation.