Comic for November 10th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for November 10th, 2017

#16 Post by Cyon »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm Okay, so there's limited weight displacement associated with those magic satchels. At least Keith can enjoy snuggling up with his favorite wolf.
Early morning workouts are always good. What's even better though is getting a free lift to adventure.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

steelabjur
Council Member

#17 Post by steelabjur »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 pmOf course the cat would like being up high.
I thought it was the other way around. Dogs like to go on rides, but cats completely freak out.

Natani wrote:<Who could enjoy this?>
Flora wrote:This is amazing!
I just love that bit for some reason.

Reni wrote:This landing could get a little rough!
[Troll]I can see two things happening.
A. Raine is getting ready to blast whatever's coming towards Group B.
B. Reni lands like Ron's Owl in Harry Potter.[/Troll]
I was kind of thinking of the albatrosses from The Rescuers / Rescuers Down Under. :D

Rafe
Council Member

#18 Post by Rafe »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm Okay, so there's limited weight displacement associated with those magic satchels. At least Keith can enjoy snuggling up with his favorite wolf.
Snuggling is fine until the one you're snuggling with barfs on you.
tony1695 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 pmOf course the cat would like being up high.
I thought it was the other way around. Dogs like to go on rides, but cats completely freak out.
Depends on the cat. We had a cat that loved to ride in cars. Visitors to our house would leave, and then show back up a few minutes later and say "We were halfway home and I looked in the rear view mirror, and there was your cat looking out the back window." Next time they'd roll up their windows. And I've never seen a cat afraid of heights. They'll climb up ladders and follow you around if you're working on the roof. Some will follow squirrels around in trees, down to the tiniest branches.
Tom wrote: Natani: (in Keidran) Mmph!

Natani: (in Keidran) Nmmph!
Really. I wonder what "Nmmph!" sounds like in the original Keidran.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#19 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:58 am

Natani wrote:<Who could enjoy this?>
Flora wrote:This is amazing!
I just love that bit for some reason.

Reni wrote:This landing could get a little rough!
[Troll]I can see two things happening.
A. Raine is getting ready to blast whatever's coming towards Group B.
B. Reni lands like Ron's Owl in Harry Potter.[/Troll]
I was kind of thinking of the albatrosses from The Rescuers / Rescuers Down Under. :D
Same here...
Looked for it and all I could find was this potatovision masterpiece...
https://youtu.be/M9K0hqP0lvw?t=1m20s

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#20 Post by ZeroJinKui »

this page is adorable. :heart:

keith looks like he is in heaven, being in a tight space with natani. |D

though if reni is having that much trouble with just four people... yeah, i imagine most if not all of the others are gonna be walking.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by BadJoke »

Tom keeps limitating magic tools... good. It's important to keep balance in your story world.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Panther
Merchant

#22 Post by Panther »

Problems with the "weight reducer" of bags and the poor Reni is already tired . I doubt she'll be able to deal with all the second group .......... Males/men walking and females/women in the bags ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#23 Post by CrRAR »

Panther wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:05 pm Problems with the "weight reducer" of bags and the poor Reni is already tired . I doubt she'll be able to deal with all the second group .......... Males/men walking and females/women in the bags ?
This is gonna turn into one of those wolf/sheep/cabbage riddles real quick, isn't it? :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

amenon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by amenon »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 am If Reni is having a hard time carrying just the 4 of them, better hope Natani thought to set a waypoint like I mentioned before. Otherwise there's still going to be some people walking all the way to the estate.
I'm wondering if she brought the terrorist wolf. Because if not, I could see it being in Brahn's interests to kill him when he has an opportunity. (Trace's place seems like it's protected, but probably not against Brahn/Sirus. If it's even possible to protect against Sirus.)

Also -- and apologies if I'm repeating something that was already discussed -- Raine seems to think teleporting Group B to Edinmire would be beyond her power. Of course, that could just be because of a lack of waypoint, but it could also be a mass/distance issue. It seems quite possible to me there's no combination of dragon lift + teleportation that would get everyone to Edinmire.

(Though on the other hand, it also seems entirely possible Reni can just teleport everyone back, on account of being a freakin' dragon.)

[I do expect Natani to have a waypoint, though, since that seems to consistently be a part of how he operates.]
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Panther
Merchant

#25 Post by Panther »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm
Panther wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:05 pm Problems with the "weight reducer" of bags and the poor Reni is already tired . I doubt she'll be able to deal with all the second group .......... Males/men walking and females/women in the bags ?
This is gonna turn into one of those wolf/sheep/cabbage riddles real quick, isn't it? :P
It's very possible : the next strip will say it to us :grin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#26 Post by Warrl »

I thought it was Maddie in the sack with Natani... but apparently she's sleeping in (and is in danger of missing breakfast).

I'm trying to plan the trip back to the estate, and I keep leaving people out. So, here's who needs a dragon-ride:
Trace, Flora, Natani, Keith
Red, Maren, Karen, Raine, Sythe (with Mrs. N.), Zen (injured)
TEN people.

Two loads of 3 people and a load of 4 people, Reni can carry everyone in 3 trips. Make one load - preferably but not necessarily the last - be the four lightest people...

Ddraig
Templar Master

#27 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am I thought it was Maddie in the sack with Natani... but apparently she's sleeping in (and is in danger of missing breakfast).

I'm trying to plan the trip back to the estate, and I keep leaving people out. So, here's who needs a dragon-ride:
Trace, Flora, Natani, Keith
Red, Maren, Karen, Raine, Sythe (with Mrs. N.), Zen (injured)
TEN people.

Two loads of 3 people and a load of 4 people, Reni can carry everyone in 3 trips. Make one load - preferably but not necessarily the last - be the four lightest people...
Bear in mind that Reni is already tiring from her current trip - she isn't even sure her landing will be smooth, after all. I doubt she'll be up to multiple trips. Hell, I don't even know if she'll be able to make it back carrying the people she is now (IMO it's sitting squarely on "maybe")
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

imalbert
Master

#28 Post by imalbert »

Warrl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am I'm trying to plan the trip back to the estate, and I keep leaving people out.
It's fairly easy when you consider the group is essentially paired up:
Trace-Flora
Keith-Natani
"Red"-Raine
Maren-Sythe/Nibbly
Leaving only Karen and Zen to be paired up.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Warrl »

imalbert wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:07 am
Warrl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am I'm trying to plan the trip back to the estate, and I keep leaving people out.
It's fairly easy when you consider the group is essentially paired up:
Trace-Flora
Keith-Natani
"Red"-Raine
Maren-Sythe/Nibbly
Leaving only Karen and Zen to be paired up.
But then you prioritize, and find that the above pairings don't fit the immediate need. Zen is badly injured and needs care, so he's in the first load. Either Trace (lord of the manor) or Flora (lady of the manor, if Rose has been officially informed of that fact) also preferably should be in the first load. Natani (knows Zen best) and Raine (the medic) need to go quickly, preferably first load.

You want to get the wolf-keidran out of there because social conflicts tend to occur between them and humans in the region who don't know them. So Sythe is a somewhat lower priority.

There would be a strong interest in protecting the ladies, of all species.

And you want to leave at least one warrior-type as a guard for the last load, and someone from Group A to clearly signal "we aren't abandoning you". Keith fills the bill and Red is the other remaining warrior.

You also don't want Sythe and Flora in the same two-person load or nearly-alone together, for reasons.

Doing it in five two-passenger flights:
Zen-Flora
Natani-Raine
Karen-Maren
Red-Sythe (Nibbly)
Trace-Keith

If Flora hasn't formally been introduced as the lady of the manor, then Trace should be in the first load. Slide Red down into the last load, Karen down with Sythe, and put Flora with Maren.

Panther
Merchant

#30 Post by Panther »

Suddenly , i have a doubt : as we can see in the last panel , there is nothing on Reni's back but her armor ; no ropes or wires .......... So , how the saddle bags are linked to her ? :?