Comic for November 7, 2017: Reni Readies Recon Run

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dreamfox
Citizen

Re: Comic for November 7, 2017: Reni Readies Recon Run

#16 Post by Dreamfox »

The satchels would be my guess as well.
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 pmThe real question is, why does Reni needs Trace's assurances that Natani is trustworthy when she can just read Natani's mind directly?
Because she read Trace's mind thoroughly and knows him. Natani is a different matter. Not only has she more memories to go through, there is also the mindlink with Zen. It's possible that she would have to scan both and/or Natani's fractured mind could be much harder to read. Considering that she remembers herself wrong, it could be difficult to get to the truth.
In any case, It might take much longer to read Natani's mind or you might need a very skilled mind reader to do so.

P.S. Yes, Rose's look is great, but I have to wonder. I mean, after all these years living among humans she may have little connection left to her species. Still, dark Trace keeping her and her staying is curious.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#17 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Dreamfox wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 pm The satchels would be my guess as well.
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 pmThe real question is, why does Reni needs Trace's assurances that Natani is trustworthy when she can just read Natani's mind directly?
Because she read Trace's mind thoroughly and knows him. Natani is a different matter. Not only has she more memories to go through, there is also the mindlink with Zen. It's possible that she would have to scan both and/or Natani's fractured mind could be much harder to read. Considering that she remembers herself wrong, it could be difficult to get to the truth.
In any case, It might take much longer to read Natani's mind or you might need a very skilled mind reader to do so.
Didn't she have some language problem also?
I think she doesn't know keidran so just reading Natani she wouldn't understand any memories of what was said. Apparently the Dragon Translatortm only works on active thoughts, so she would have to ask Natani to guide her through the memories explaining every conversation. Not only would this mean Natani might omit information, but perhaps she would even be able to lie about exactly what was said. Besides it would have to be done in real time, or close to it, so doing a thorough investigation would take a long time.

Rafe
Council Member

#18 Post by Rafe »

Natani knows Zen, of course, but there is another relationship that we might see between the two groups, assuming Group B gets to the Estate - Raine and Roselyn.

I don't remember any contact between them mentioned before, but there could be all kinds of emotion triggered in Roselyn when she finds out that Raine is the daughter of the woman who saved her from being hanged, and of Euchre. Raine is Roselyn's first cousin, once removed. I wonder how Roselyn will react when she realizes that one of her relatives is part of this group.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#19 Post by Schrodinger »

Zakkerus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:56 pm Doesn't Reni have those magic satchels that are somewhat of a hammerspace storage? Maybe she can just put some of them in those and carry them that way. I mean, she had that false Templar wolf in there and no one noticed and she didn't seem weighed down.
That's right, she does have a bag of holding she can use to transport someone but we can only confirm one person can do that. Someone might still have to go by claws.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Cyon »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:56 pm Doesn't Reni have those magic satchels that are somewhat of a hammerspace storage? Maybe she can just put some of them in those and carry them that way. I mean, she had that false Templar wolf in there and no one noticed and she didn't seem weighed down.
That's right, she does have a bag of holding she can use to transport someone but we can only confirm one person can do that. Someone might still have to go by claws.
How would someone inside of a bag of holding (say in this case Natani) be able to communicate with Reni to guide her from inside the bag? If the bag uses some sort of pocket dimension magic, she might be "too far" away...
I'll stick with Nat on Reni's back, that or the whole party decides to go out. But that would close some possibilities, and we don't want that do we now... :P (As long as there is some sort of separation, one group after another can fall into trouble)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#21 Post by GaySailors »

I'm more interested in Natani's sheer terror in this page. I know it seemed like a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but I don't think shes lying about Zen knowing more about Clovis.
In other news, where's Lynn and Maddie? Or the now ex slaves?
I hate to be the party pooper but in case anyone forgot, the last time we saw Team B, it ended with something along the lines of "there's a bigger issue than almost dying and having a now team member crippled, possibly fatally". I know Raine going Super Sayian and all helped them last time, but based on that last panel, I think our dragon might need to hurry.

Panther
Merchant

#22 Post by Panther »

What happens to Reni in the last panel , about her wings and tail ? Happy to have finally a mission ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by aitaituo »

NuclearBird wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am
tony1695 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 am And how exactly does Reni plan on carrying more than one passenger? Is she able to "shapeshift" into a larger dragon for periods of time? We've seen Nora turn into a normal-sized housecat in the past, but I think this might be pushing it.
Perhaps she has magic to reduce the weight of what (or who) she carries, or to enhance her flying strength.
That's kind of a given, considering that despite magic being a thing in that world, the square/cube law still applies. That and other physical laws.
I don't see how it would be a problem, unless dragon's have very unreal physiology. Reni looks bigger than a horse and a horse can easily carry two people. Flight mechanics shouldn't pose any complications to the equation, since she's gotta weight something similar to a horse or more (~1000 lbs) and be able to generate enough lift to do a ground based take off to hundreds of feet into the air. That's without having to run along the ground first, IIRC. Two adults (~300 lbs) wouldn't seem to pose a problem, even without considering magic.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by AmigaDragon »

Dreamfox wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 pm
Because she read Trace's mind thoroughly and knows him. Natani is a different matter. Not only has she more memories to go through, there is also the mindlink with Zen.
With Trace she asked him to let her in and Nora stated it's rude to pry, which would be even more rude if done without permission (not applicable in the case of a prisoner for interrogation purposes).
Cpt.Obvious wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm Didn't she have some language problem also?
I think she doesn't know keidran so just reading Natani she wouldn't understand any memories of what was said. Apparently the Dragon Translatortm only works on active thoughts, so she would have to ask Natani to guide her through the memories explaining every conversation. Not only would this mean Natani might omit information, but perhaps she would even be able to lie about exactly what was said. Besides it would have to be done in real time, or close to it, so doing a thorough investigation would take a long time.
Natani might not have to actively translate intent from her memories, her conscious mind might automatically do that (the fake-templar wolf is still unconscious, disabling any translation there).
Rafe wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:21 pm Natani knows Zen, of course, but there is another relationship that we might see between the two groups, assuming Group B gets to the Estate - Raine and Roselyn.

I don't remember any contact between them mentioned before, but there could be all kinds of emotion triggered in Roselyn when she finds out that Raine is the daughter of the woman who saved her from being hanged, and of Euchre. Raine is Roselyn's first cousin, once removed. I wonder how Roselyn will react when she realizes that one of her relatives is part of this group.
Roselyn might recognize Raine's family resemblance to Mary, or witness a transformation and connect it to her cousin's ability.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rafe
Council Member

#25 Post by Rafe »

I'm also wondering whether Roselyn has a problem with Keidran-Human relationships. Maybe it's just incredulity about how Trace seems to have changed and is "friendly" with Flora, or maybe she thinks that the relationship between Euchre and Mary was wrong somehow. It's possible Roselyn doesn't even know Raine exists. It could be that finding a relative might change her somehow - both of them, actually.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#26 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:29 am
Cpt.Obvious wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm Didn't she have some language problem also?
Natani might not have to actively translate intent from her memories, her conscious mind might automatically do that (the fake-templar wolf is still unconscious, disabling any translation there).
Yeah, I reasoned that while someone is conscious, their memories are automatically telepathically understood as their conscious mind is remembering and reliving the memory. Whereas while they're unconscious, a dragon can just see their memories as they are.
Rafe wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 am I'm also wondering whether Roselyn has a problem with Keidran-Human relationships. Maybe it's just incredulity about how Trace seems to have changed and is "friendly" with Flora, or maybe she thinks that the relationship between Euchre and Mary was wrong somehow. It's possible Roselyn doesn't even know Raine exists. It could be that finding a relative might change her somehow - both of them, actually.
I could understand if the idea of Human-Keidran relationships brought up bad memories and negative feelings for Rose. After all, she'd probably be reminded of Euchre abandoning his people and abandoning *her* and letting her be hanged just so he could cozy up to the Templar and his human mistress.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#27 Post by BadFoMo »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:56 pmDoesn't Reni have those magic satchels that are somewhat of a hammerspace storage? Maybe she can just put some of them in those and carry them that way. I mean, she had that false Templar wolf in there and no one noticed and she didn't seem weighed down.
Well, according to the one page Tom was working on in the one stream, Reni has two satchels which can hold two people each.

Wait a minute…
From the list of lore which I am hopefully/finally getting around to compiling.
On 3-23-2017, People in the IRC wrote:(4:12:44 PM) krzychukoko: i have
(4:12:46 PM) krzychukoko: a really
(4:12:47 PM) krzychukoko: important
(4:12:48 PM) krzychukoko: question
(4:13:12 PM) Neutral_Smith: 42
(4:13:15 PM) krzychukoko: those enchanted-dimensional-boob-bandages that natani wears,,,,,
(4:13:29 PM) krzychukoko: 1. were they left behind of ship eg destroyed?
(4:13:38 PM) krzychukoko: 2. what would happen if someone were to put one of them into the other....

(4:16:18 PM) krzychukoko: would sticking one of thsoe bandages into another create some sort of singularity O_o?
(4:16:19 PM) Tom: The same thing that would happen if you put a bag of holding into another bag of holding.

(4:16:28 PM) krzychukoko: Tom - YOU PLAYED SS13!!!!!!!!!
(4:16:29 PM) krzychukoko: HONK
(4:16:41 PM) krzychukoko: also - that's where i got the idea :P
(4:16:48 PM) Tom: ss13?
(4:16:55 PM) krzychukoko: space station 13?
(4:17:38 PM) Tom: Heh, bags of holding are from D&D.
(4:17:56 PM) krzychukoko: oh so i guess that's where SS13 stole it from
(4:18:12 PM) krzychukoko: in ss13 if you put one bag of holding into another it will create gravitational singularity
(4:18:17 PM) krzychukoko: what happens if you do taht in D&D?
(4:18:39 PM) krzychukoko: http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Resea ... of_Holding
(4:19:36 PM) Tom: "Placing a bag of holding into an extradimensional space created by a Heward's handy haversack, portable hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral plane" -Dungeon Master's Guide
(4:20:29 PM) krzychukoko: ok so pretty much "you're [censored]" kind of event?

(4:21:25 PM) Tom: Yeah.
(4:24:36 PM) Tom: Some people have used this as a weapon. It's the classic "bag in bag" strategy. You design a device that drops one into the other, attach it to a projectile, and throw it at the enemy. Send them to another plane of existance.
(4:25:32 PM) krzychukoko: well in SS13 if a scientist is a traitor with objective to make sure nobody on station survives it's very likely that he will create 2 bags of holding put one into another and run{assuming miners bring him resources...}
(4:25:45 PM) krzychukoko: so SS13 ripped it off 100%
(4:27:30 PM) krzychukoko: i wonder if there might be some other stuff in SS13 that is a D&D ripoff
(4:27:44 PM) Tom: People take a lot of things from D&D. And D&D in turn took a lot of things from Tolken. It's a circle of creative life!
(Natani gets into one of the satchels which immediately reacts with her bandages and rips a hole in the fabric of space and time which sucks in Reni, Trace, Flora, Keith and Natani.)
Reni, Trace, Flora, Keith and Natani: AHHH!
(Hole in the fabric of space and time promptly collapses in on itself.)
Roselyn: …Oh dear, I do believe they might be dead. …Oh well.
[Meanwhile, in another reality…]
Mark: Hey everyone! My name is Markiplier and welcome back to let's play-
(Hole in the fabric of space and time opens up behind Mark.)
Mark: What the f-?!
(Reni, Trace, Flora, Keith and Natani come flying out of the hole in the fabric of space and time.)
Reni, Trace, Flora, Keith and Natani: AHHH!
Mark: AHHH!
(Reni, Trace, Flora, Keith and Natani crash into Mark and his computer as the hole in the fabric of space and time collapses in on itself again.)
Mark: Oh, my ribs. Oh, my fingernails. Oh, my lasagna. …Hey, you people look familiar.

I have no idea what would happen after that.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#28 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I see that Natani is afraid of being up in the air. She'll get over it. :P
Videre videnda.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#29 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:56 pm From the list of lore which I am hopefully/finally getting around to compiling.
yay :)
that is a cool project :D

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by BadJoke »

For a miss she's easily bossed around (even by a prisoner). And for a dragon she seems eager to be part of some little group of random guards. :grin:

Tail-swords seem to be turning into Tom's signature now...

And it's rare to see natani to the point to be ready at beging someone...

But now I wonder... in what way Tom will manage to troll us now? I'm sure he's going to. Maybe by having the wolf terrorist murdered in his cell while everyone is gone... :twisted:
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.